News Averillo's rise through the junior ranks

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really like this kid!
He didn't get the ball enough on the weekend in Cc cup.
He didnt look out of place he made a nice break and a try as well.
Im a bit concerned that he is only signed until the end of next year..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its a interesting comparison between Averillo and Tommy Talau they played in the same junior teams together and Talau is making his NRL debut this week while Averillo is just starting to play CCup.

I know there is so many variables that go into these things but it would have been interesting to see if Talau played NRL this year if he had stayed at the Dogs.
he wouldn't

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's 19 isn't he. Why does this club have to "nurse" promising players along for so long. Geez they have to be 24 before getting an NRL game.

I know it's a tradition with us but lots of clubs have players that age debuting and succeeding....we might not need Ramien who has apparently bumped up his price.
Thats an interesting point. Thats my opinion too, we have been conservative in giving nrl debut to our juniors.
Could be wrong but may be only reimis, klemmer and lafai made debut before turning 20 in last 10 years.
Looking at our current junior talents, this may change in near future tho. Hopefully. Before we lose more juniors.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its a interesting comparison between Averillo and Tommy Talau they played in the same junior teams together and Talau is making his NRL debut this week while Averillo is just starting to play CCup.

I know there is so many variables that go into these things but it would have been interesting to see if Talau played NRL this year if he had stayed at the Dogs.
I think we all know the answer to that.

And the young players would be leaving cos they know the answer as well.