Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Can't pay overs for any of the 3. Api maybe but ramien as good as he is he has done fuck all to demand anything. On to his 4th club isn't a bargaining chip even it's the worst attack in the comp. Keep searching for a player who wants to play here not bitch about money before his left nut has dropped.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leivaha Pulu languishing in Reserve grade for Warriors we could get him for lunch money and a genuine opportunity to play FG

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the end of the world if we don't get Ese'ese. Let go from 3 clubs, that isn't a good thing.

Hopefully we end up with Api, that's a key signing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wouldn't want Api at more than 400k, his recent injury history is shit house. Manly can top up his salary or he can head off to NZ.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ese Ese's never consistent and only good for the odd 15 min burst. Happy for the club to chase the other 2 for 4-500k a season but no more than 2 years for Api.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or tommy Flegler wow
He’s a diamond in the rough imo
He would be a good pick up too. But Fafita could be anything!!! When was the last time you saw such a destructive, powerful 19 year old?? Probably SBW.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Leivaha Pulu languishing in Reserve grade for Warriors we could get him for lunch money and a genuine opportunity to play FG
30 next year. Has failed to ever hold down a starting berth at the Titans and Warriors.

No thank you

The days of signing up mediocre Player's are hopefully behind us

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He would be a good pick up too. But Fafita could be anything!!! When was the last time you saw such a destructive, powerful 19 year old?? Probably SBW.
I'm with you and he's free for 2021 I think. I think he will be better then Haas but that's my tip at this stage. He would be a great signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm with you and he's free for 2021 I think. I think he will be better then Haas but that's my tip at this stage. He would be a great signing.
I think CHN and Stimson are our long term plans in the Second row (I also think they're both still on contract in 2021) and I think we will retain Jackson for a few more years. I don't think it's an area the club is going to be looking at. Either a Fullback or Winger (depending on what's available/where DWZ will play, I'd personally go with Fullback and either Tom Trbojevic or Latrell, if not them 2, then I'd go after a Winger), a Centre, a Prop (marquee signing - Jake Trbojevic, Arrow, or just beneath them two level), a Hooker, and a bench Prop will be added to our current (17) team IMO.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think CHN and Stimson are our long term plans in the Second row (I also think they're both still on contract in 2021) and I think we will retain Jackson for a few more years. I don't think it's an area the club is going to be looking at. Either a Fullback or Winger (depending on what's available/where DWZ will play, I'd personally go with Fullback and either Tom Trbojevic or Latrell, if not them 2, then I'd go after a Winger), a Centre, a Prop (marquee signing - Jake Trbojevic, Arrow, or just beneath them two level), a Hooker, and a bench Prop will be added to our current (17) team IMO.
Yeah just saying if people are talking next level forwards I would be looking at Fafita at Brissie. I think Haas will end up another injury plagued could have been but Fafita is the real deal IMO. I wouldn't be wasting my time on any of those guys (Turbo's or Lattrell) tbh, I really don't think we are any chance of getting any of them. Sure let's help drive up their prices but I would be looking for better options while everyone is drooling over them. Stimson is a really solid signing for next year and seems to find the try line heaps. Maybe we will get lucky with Britt too. I would stick with Ogden and hope he can add about 10kgs onto that frame and get some more mongrel. I would shop Napa around like yesterday, the bloke is an embarrassment. Grab Api if we can but JMK is improving and reluctantly will fill the job in until someone worth it comes along. No way would I move DWZ away from FB spot and would be looking at him being Captain perhaps in 2021. Jacko just doesn't need the extra's. CHN needs to run a little wider as he is not big enough to make impact in the centre, a little wider with the offloads. We need a centre, an enforcer and a hooker. Foran needs to do the right thing and retire himself, the bloke must know now that although unlucky he is just a burden on the team and club. Get him off the books and compensate him in other ways.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain
By The Mole
33 minutes ago
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldo...e-ramien/6ddde7e7-f636-4d29-a381-71f0f6101352
And there it is ... Hacks like Koroisau and Ramien have increased their asking price knowing the Bulldogs will basically pay.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah just saying if people are talking next level forwards I would be looking at Fafita at Brissie. I think Haas will end up another injury plagued could have been nut Fafita is the real deal IMO. I wouldn't be wasting my time on any of those guys (Turbo's or Lattrell) tbh, I really don't think we are any chance of getting any of them. Sure let's help drive up their prices but I would be looking for better options while everyone is drooling over them. Stimson is a really solid signing for next year and seems to find the try line heaps. Maybe we will get lucky with Britt too. I would stick with Ogden and hope he can add about 10kgs onto that frame and get some more mongrel. I would shop Napa around like yesterday, the bloke is an embarrassment. Grab Api if we can but JMK is improving and reluctantly will fill the job in until someone worth it comes along. No way would I move DWZ away from FB spot and would be looking at him being Captain perhaps in 2021. Jacko just doesn't need the extra's. CHN needs to run a little wider as he is not big enough to make impact in the centre, a little wider with the offloads. We need a centre, an enforcer and a hooker. Foran needs to do the right thing and retire himself, the bloke must know now that although unlucky he is just a burden on the team and club. Get him off the books and compensate him in other ways.
Great post dude, exactly my views too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah just saying if people are talking next level forwards I would be looking at Fafita at Brissie. I think Haas will end up another injury plagued could have been nut Fafita is the real deal IMO. I wouldn't be wasting my time on any of those guys (Turbo's or Lattrell) tbh, I really don't think we are any chance of getting any of them. Sure let's help drive up their prices but I would be looking for better options while everyone is drooling over them. Stimson is a really solid signing for next year and seems to find the try line heaps. Maybe we will get lucky with Britt too. I would stick with Ogden and hope he can add about 10kgs onto that frame and get some more mongrel. I would shop Napa around like yesterday, the bloke is an embarrassment. Grab Api if we can but JMK is improving and reluctantly will fill the job in until someone worth it comes along. No way would I move DWZ away from FB spot and would be looking at him being Captain perhaps in 2021. Jacko just doesn't need the extra's. CHN needs to run a little wider as he is not big enough to make impact in the centre, a little wider with the offloads. We need a centre, an enforcer and a hooker. Foran needs to do the right thing and retire himself, the bloke must know now that although unlucky he is just a burden on the team and club. Get him off the books and compensate him in other ways.
Fifita's got everything to be the best Second Row (maybe Lock) in the game. You just need to go back to when we played the Broncos and see what he did to us. I rate Haas really highly and I think this year has put himself above Fifita, but he plays a different role to Fifita. Haas can make Tolman metres, but is more dangerous in the attacking zone, has an offload, can pass the ball, has speed and the list goes on. If Trbojevic brothers or Latrell have not signed a new deal before November we'd be silly to not go after them (as you can see players at Ramien and Koroisau level are already trying to make us overpay). Stimson is solid, but every player in the Storm team that comes in likes solid or decent. We'll need to see how he preforms in a Bulldogs jersey. Britt's already 25 (?) so I think it's very unlikely he's going to be in our 17 (i've heard he isn't an impact player, more of a big minute player, small chance he can replace Tolman in the future if he does improve tho). I'd only grab Koroisau for 400k. I like JMK of the bench, if we don't sign Koroisau might as well start him because there are no other options. If we can't get Trbojevic or Latrell I think it's fine to keep DWZ Fullback, just outside Cotric and Vunivalu no top Wingers of contract that I'd be happy with signing (at the moment, can change in a years time). Other Fullback options are Papenhuyzen then after that no idea. I do think DWZ would be a good captain after Jackson, but I don't think he could be on the Wing, so if he stays Fullback that's a good option. I'd keep Jackson for 500k /w captain, I'm not sure you could offer him 400k without captain tho, I think it'd be disrespectful and a low ball offer. CHN's either 1 of our best players or below average, not sure of the exact reason why he was dropped (maybe defence?). I think he will compliment Stimson very well tho. Completely different players. CHN has until 2022 (I think) to show everything he has and how much improvement he has in him. Foran does need to be medically retired, I'd really like him to before next season starts, but I don't think he will. I think we need to have Lewis and Cogger play as much as possible together.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget signing Api & Ramien. Make Fifita the prime target and let Ramien, Koroissau know that if they want to play for the Bulldogs they won't be given ridiculous $$$ for the sake of it. Neither are top 3 in their positions to be commanding overs.