Opinion When having a shower, do you use the 'cold' tap?

When having a shower, do you use the 'cold' tap?

• Total voters

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm taking leaf out of @Blue_boost's book and posting a thread about something extremely stupid because I want to.

When having a shower, do you ever use the cold tap handle?

I don't... my shower had a comfortable level of hot water that comes out of the head that's at a nice warm level - there's simply no point in using the cold.

I find mainly when I'm staying in hotels overseas who have a very weird design where one tap handle controls the overall temperature, that's when you need to make a variation.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly thought this was another blue boost post.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one that has only ever used showers that need to be meticulously tampered with between hold and cold before actual warm water comes out? lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive got a new house and the shower only has one lever to control the temperature, its stupid.

I miss the H and C separate taps.

I can never get the water adjusted exactly how I like in winter.
Don't care as much in summer as im usually sunburned and loving the ice cold water running down on me to fuel my cold black heart!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm taking leaf out of @Blue_boost's book and posting a thread about something extremely stupid because I want to.

When having a shower, do you ever use the cold tap handle?

I don't... my shower had a comfortable level of hot water that comes out of the head that's at a nice warm level - there's simply no point in using the cold.

I find mainly when I'm staying in hotels overseas who have a very weird design where one tap handle controls the overall temperature, that's when you need to make a variation.
Go to your hot water tank and put the temp up to 60 or 70 degrees than you will need the cold tap.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Am I the only one that has only ever used showers that need to be meticulously tampered with between hold and cold before actual warm water comes out? lol
That was me in my old house lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Go to your hot water tank and put the temp up to 60 or 70 degrees than you will need the cold tap.
We got gas so no tank to tamper with. It's actually better I find because you don't need to worry about the system running out of water.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have my gas water heater cranked right up. Without the cold tap it's about 80 degrees. It'll scorch you.

For the record, your hot water system should be at least 70 degrees C to kill bacteria (pretty sure there's some law about it)

70 degrees C is too hot to shower with.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive got a new house and the shower only has one lever to control the temperature, its stupid.

I miss the H and C separate taps.

I can never get the water adjusted exactly how I like in winter.
Don't care as much in summer as im usually sunburned and loving the ice cold water running down on me to fuel my cold black heart!
I had one like that in a hotel but it was also strength. So the hotter you set it the stronger it got. Couldn't get a decent shower without burning myself.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We got gas so no tank to tamper with. It's actually better I find because you don't need to worry about the system running out of water.
Yeah true you never run out of hot water but you can still adjust the temp.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t need too use cold tap, that’s the old way.. only have the one tap.. however. It’s stays hot! Nothing better than getting out red as fuck!

Can’t beat a hot shower in the cold winter months here in NZ lol..!! :tongueclosed:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I use the cold tap, I don't use the hot tap.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can still adjust temperature on continuous gas
And I’m glad you don’t have a tank, because not having your hot water at about 60c can lead to legionaires disease
25-50c is perfect to harbour and grow the legionella bacteria