Opinion If our roster is so bad...

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s that time of the year again I think some players have been tapped on the shoulder so they playing good to attract interest.
Our attack is god awful we look good when we get the second phase happening
Our roster on paper is awful but the main thing we lacked and clearly shows is experience in the key positions and Foran in and out don’t help he tries hard but his body has failed him

I still believe there is a few games we should and could have won against Canberra minus rep players against Souths and manly and storm first time round we should have won and even against the rooster if that game went a further 10 mins I think we could have got them
If those results went in our favour plus what we have we be sitting in the 8 or in that congested area

With the form towards the back end of the season pay will survive but I say if they land a few signings in the off season come next year the finals will be his pass mark and if they recruit some big names with the money they have top4 is the set mark for pay if he still there or who ever comes in

yes fair enough but are you going the mention the games we hung on to win like the Sharks, Tigers and Penrith ?? goes both ways

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what a rubbish comment as we will never know for sure will we ... most experts had us for the wooden spoon so your comment is rubbish .. knocking on the door of the top 8 thats laughable
Budgie69 I'm sorry you don't like my comment but do you remember when I asked you to give me your opinion? That’s right, me neither. As your comment festers away into obscurity a good mood is like a balloon, one prick is all it takes to ruin it. :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Budgie69 I'm sorry you don't like my comment but do you remember when I asked you to give me your opinion? That’s right, me neither. As your comment festers away into obscurity a good mood is like a balloon, one prick is all it takes to ruin it. :grinning:
Budgie69 :tearsofjoy:

Congrats, after durie1986 you officially have the worst username on here.

You should be very proud

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
All i can say is we recruit a few more of pays fans buys, so next year we dont have to listen to all these perfetic excuses for being fucking losers again.
Sorry for swearing just getting tired of reading all these posts of people being happy with our results. Perfetic.
Ditto for us listening to get rid of Pay for wevery single fucken thing that happens .. when we win you guys still find a reason to blame Pay .. im not a Pay lover by the way but realistically you thought we would make the 8 this year after losing the morris boys, Klemmer and replacing them with Montoya / Crithon and Napa your bonkers

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes fair enough but are you going the mention the games we hung on to win like the Sharks, Tigers and Penrith ?? goes both ways
Of course we were lucky in those games but in what’s clearly a rebuild year we have gone alright not like the knights in years past

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
I accept that, but I still don't see the so called rebuilding. If you're building something then you should see progress? I don't see progress with our football...I do see progress with some of our recruitment though.

Personally I think the club is just going to ride things out with minimal ambition and continue to build our roster and give Pay absolutely every opportunity to improve and get things right. Maybe when the roster is up there with the best and we're still not getting results then maybe they'll cut him loose.. I don't entirely agree or disagree with that, I just feel that what we're doing now on the field is completely wasted and development isn't where it should be.
look at our lower grades .. the last time i saw we wer ein the top 8 and for some we were top 4 thats where the rebuilding starts as the board mentioned they were going to build from our juniors

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
You've been watching his team for nearly two years now surely you have some idea? Bellamy for example is renowned for what he can get out of journeymen players.
but we haev seen when you take Smith out his squad they cant play .. same as the cowboys they are really just missing Thurston and they cant seem to string wins this year .. dont just look at the journeyman helps when you have quality players around those Journeymen

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I supported the cowboy, dragons titans or big disappointment the knights I’d be pissed how there Seasons panned out ..... lucky I don’t like any of those sides.. to be honest we were never gonna be a threat so it was half expected how we going but we gonna be the headache team going into the finals and can do a few mid table teams favours

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do clubs like melbourne not use these excuses when there cap got blown up ?
They chop and change there roster more than most.... yet success. They dont bow down and take it up the arse cause of salary cap pressure. So why do we ? Oh they have better players.
Childish excuse making bullshit.
We have just as many internationals as other teams. If not more.
Just been coached into poor form with poor game plans.
Chn
Rfm
Jacko
Foran
Hoppa
Dallin
Dylan
Tolmans played in 3 grand finals
All our kids are junoir kiwi and nsw reps.
Yes our squad can be stronger but its certainly strong enough that the coach could be doing much better if he has what it takes to win a comp.
Id rather our squad over titans, dragons, tigers, newcastle, cowboys, warriors just to name a few.
Knights and sharks have too many egos and got there squad balance a bit wrong at minute as well.
Internationals
Chn had a 1 off game for nz Maori not even a country
Rfm had 1 game for nz coz proctor n Bromwich got done for drugs
Jacko hasn’t played international for 5 year and only played 2
Foran been busted for years and played last test in 2017 before gett8ng injured
Hoppa if you count 2 tier country’s
Napa played for Cook Islands in 2013 1 game

Drawing a fucking long bow call8ng them international players
Dwz only one that’s played more than 3 rep games for a tier one nation

Tolman has never played international

Grasping at straws
Only one that was a solid 8ntermational was Foran but injury’s have cooked him

Now go thru storm team over same time frame
Cam smith played more internationals in 1 year than our whole squad
We have 1 current international
Storm have more international games on there bench
Lololololol
Good try tho

Fact is we have the worst or second worst squad in the nrl and people expect us in the 8

Last edited:

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No of course I'd rather win than lose, but I'm guessing you already knew that coz you seem like a very intelligent person.
What I'm suggesting is why is their mindset and attitude so different during the season than what it is towards the end when we've got nothing to lose?
Yeah I can't answer that. I'd be stoked if we started the season like we have finished the last two, it sucks knowing we won't be playing finals so early in the season. Hopefully this off season coming has them ready for round one!

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This shit is really getting out of hand. The one thing that everyone here has in common is our love of all things Bulldog. Quit fighting each other and show a bit of support for our great club. The current board and coach said way back when they were appointed that things would get worse before they get better, now is the worse. I admit that I have been somewhat perplexed with Dean Pay's selections at times, but like most of you, I am not a part of the Bulldogs "inner sanctum" so there may well be reasons that we all have no clue about. At this stage I would prefer to give them the chance to do what they said they would do and with recent signings and more to come I think they have a good chance of getting us back to the top.

Too many people want immediate success and life isn't always like that even when you are a Bulldog, because let's face it we don't WANT to win, we EXPECT to win it's in our DNA and we all have that in common.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This shit is really getting out of hand. The one thing that everyone here has in common is our love of all things Bulldog. Quit fighting each other and show a bit of support for our great club. The current board and coach said way back when they were appointed that things would get worse before they get better, now is the worse. I admit that I have been somewhat perplexed with Dean Pay's selections at times, but like most of you, I am not a part of the Bulldogs "inner sanctum" so there may well be reasons that we all have no clue about. At this stage I would prefer to give them the chance to do what they said they would do and with recent signings and more to come I think they have a good chance of getting us back to the top.

Too many people want immediate success and life isn't always like that even when you are a Bulldog, because let's face it we don't WANT to win, we EXPECT to win it's in our DNA and we all have that in common.
Exactly right, ya tell people this , explain our roster etc
But nup can’t understand
The club explain this year and next are guna be tough but people want us in the 8
It’s laughable

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yeah I can't answer that. I'd be stoked if we started the season like we have finished the last two, it sucks knowing we won't be playing finals so early in the season. Hopefully this off season coming has them ready for round one!
Yes hopefully. If we can nab another 1 or 2 decent signings then we'd be heading in the right direction. DWZ has done wonders since he arrived.
As for Pay, I was never sold on him from day 1 only because he has never coached in firsts, and I'm still not. But what can you do?

I'm just glad we're back to developing the young pups. Despot Hasler and The Pie Eater didnt give a shit about our juniors/reserves.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So bellamy has been calling wayne for his instructions for the last 15 years of his domination against 15 other clubs.
Yeah right it was bennet, bellamy had no ability. Some of u are impossible.
WOW, did you actually read what we were talking about.

The reference to Bellamy was about his 3 game stint with the Baby Broncos not his career at Melbourne.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All i can say is we recruit a few more of pays fans buys, so next year we dont have to listen to all these perfetic excuses for being fucking losers again.
Sorry for swearing just getting tired of reading all these posts of people being happy with our results. Perfetic.
Perfetic oh fuck me hahaha and this guy is trying to sound smart!? Perfetic hahaha fmd that'll fucking do me

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Hallelujah. The prosecution rests.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem has always been the coach, and people will see that when the same thing happens again next season, and history repeats itself
A couple good signings will help the situation a bit, but ultimately coach cannot get the best out of em
However I hope to be proven wrong, cause obviously I want to see my team successful

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is bs, a day off TK and another 40 odd notifications. I'm not replying to you ***** :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: