Official Dean Britt official with us for 2 years

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
DEAN BRITT SIGNS WITH THE BULLDOGS FOR NEXT TWO SEASONS

The Bulldogs have added to the strength of their forward pack by signing South Sydney front-rower Dean Britt for the next two seasons.

Dean is the son of former Bulldogs legend Darren Britt, who was a major part of the club's success in the 90's.

The 25 year-old has been with the Rabbitohs for three years and has played a major role this season, appearing in nine NRL matches for them.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure the services of the versatile front-rower:

"Dean is an excellent forward who will provide another important piece for our forward pack next season. He has shown this year with his performances for the Rabbitohs that he is hard-working and tough and has the attributes that we as a club are looking for to take us forward. He has a great background in what the Bulldogs stand for with his father Darren having been such a major part of the club in the 90's and we look forward to welcoming Dean to the Bulldog family next season."

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
admittedly I havent seen much of him.

does he go alright?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So out of all the potentials we could have had/may still have lol, this is the first official.. I’m not gutted about it, but yes other positions are more important right now..!!

We need those key spots filled, the only way to go into next year on a positive.

Good luck too him anyway..!! He looks the part in the blue an white. Let’s hope there’s promise with him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well here's the Prop we needed! Now we just need a goal kicker...
Seriously tho, I'm not sure what role he has been brought in to play. We need to sign a top Prop before 2021 (Jake Trbojevic, Arrow, other Props close, but just below these guys) and a bench Prop too (we're trying to sign for next year), not sure how much Britt brings of the bench. I haven't seen him play (just going on what I've heard and seen others say). Not even sure he'll be in the 17.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen he's a good prospect but a bit of a head scratching signing.

We don't need anymore backrowers

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen he's a good prospect but a bit of a head scratching signing.

I think he's more of a prop that can play backrow when needed. I can't see him getting much game time if he's looking to play second row.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In my opinion and I’ve watched a lot of him at the bunnies. He’s a good pick up for a lower contract. Walks into our bench and is a tough hard no nonsense good motor and reasonable for offloading/footwork and doesn’t fuck up a lot.

He’s no star. Though we will be happy he’s on the bench I think.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
On our website he's been titled as a front-rower, Prop. Just a depth signing I guess.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think he's a depth prop.
Since Francis Talau is gone and Fualalo likely gone at end of the year.
I doubt he cost us much.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he's more of a prop that can play backrow when needed. I can't see him getting much game time if he's looking to play second row.
I hope your right and he was bought to play upfront, though knowing pay it wouldn't surprise me if he was on an edge next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope your right and he was bought to play upfront, though knowing pay it wouldn't surprise me if he was on an edge next year
Hopefully he can fill out like his old man. Darren wasn't that solid early in his career but he was a brick shithouse by the time he finished it.