Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain
By The Mole
33 minutes ago
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldo...e-ramien/6ddde7e7-f636-4d29-a381-71f0f6101352

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dogs could still sign him if they backend his contract to 2021 etc. It wouldn't be a massive amount but they've already stated they will no longer backend contracts which is probably a good thing in the long term but will cost us Herman for next year in the short term

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like that hack Tony Adams arse-mole really knows what he's talking about.

Boring :sleeping:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

Knights prop Herman Ese'ese (R). (AAP)
The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't rate Ese'ese?

And WTH!!?? We're prioritising a Hooker and Centre signing above a Prop forward!!!??? Something mustn't be right!
Just persist with Ogden and Toomanga. Herman would be nice, but I don't think we need any more forwards.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

And WTH!!?? We're prioritising a Hooker and Centre signing above a Prop forward!!!??? Something mustn't be right!
He’s aight. He’s a bench NRL player for me and should be paid accordingly.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone who sees our club as a bargaining chip or a potential cash cow can f@ck right off!!!!

#refuse2PAYovers8-)

Last edited:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dogs could still sign him if they backend his contract to 2021 etc. It wouldn't be a massive amount but they've already stated they will no longer backend contracts which is probably a good thing in the long term but will cost us Herman for next year in the short term
Hermans asking price is to much,media quotes his asking 500 a season,he's not worth that amount,main priority a couple outside backs

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we missed out on all 3!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Hes ok but i wouldnt be breaking the bank to get him in.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genius move is this false information spread to drive Hermens price down.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. Sure we need some good forwards but for some reason he doesn't seem like a player I'd pay overs for.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprised, in fact The surprise will happen if we get any players we are after..!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair I think Herman is something we lack as he is a bit bigger and runs hard. Though he isn’t worth breaking the bank. I’d also much prefer Raimen and api signed and we go for a elite prop then pay Herman anywhere near 500k. Him and Napa aren’t worth that ffs.

I stil hope we land him as he would improve us and bring something we lack but not at that kind of $. 300k sure worth it. As others said even if it’s backend Raimen or api or Herman in 2021 a few extra $ to secure all 3. It’s not like any are huge $ and in 2021 we have huge $ and could easily allow a hundred or 200k in backend there. I’d prefer that and get these 3 to at least be competitive and secure some solid talent for 2020 personally. If these 3 come with Stimson and hopefully Britt in 2020 we could realistically fight for the 8. Won’t win it but better then fighting for the spoon again.

Then with the mega $ to spend and a team fighting for the 8 we would likely be far more attractive thus saving us a few hundred k having to overpay to attract talent to a team fighting off the spoon for 3-4 years in a row!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m ok with not paying overs for him cause he is a good bench forward nothing more. We do need a good bench forward though so hopefully the Britt signing happens.