Opinion Bench Fozz?

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Perhaps we could protect Fozz and have him create some carnage at the same time. If we benched him and used him for the second 20 minutes of each half when the opposition are getting a little tired. I know this would take a forward from the bench but wouldn’t it be interesting and we would have Lewis to cover. What do you think?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he should play left-right-out.

I just can't understand how we can have a $1.2M a season player a year sitting on the bench so he only has to deal with small moments in a game. As much as I hate Lichaa, even he has more right to be in this team at the moment.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd take Lewis out of the side, aside from tackling he offers nothing. I'd bring back Wakeham to partner cogger the rest of the year and leave Foran out, if he comes back even off the bench he'll probably have three runs, get injured again and miss half of next year

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
play Foran and Cogger and have Lewis and Wakeham in reserve grade... we really need to get Foran off our books though

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Perhaps we could protect Fozz and have him create some carnage at the same time. If we benched him and used him for the second 20 minutes of each half when the opposition are getting a little tired. I know this would take a forward from the bench but wouldn’t it be interesting and we would have Lewis to cover. What do you think?
What do i think about it?

Hes averaging about 12 games a year. He earns apparently $1.2 million next year. So thats $100K per match that he plays. If he plays 40 minutes per game he is being paid about $2500 per minute. Nice work if you can get it.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do i think about it?

Hes averaging about 12 games a year. He earns apparently $1.2 million next year. So thats $100K per match that he plays. If he plays 40 minutes per game he is being paid about $2500 per minute. Nice work if you can get it.
Fuck..... in all seriousness, he's probably a good guy and all but he should be honourable and retire at years end.
He knows he and Hasler somehow put him on this ludicrous contract with money he wouldn't get from any other team.
He knows he has taken this club for a ride and to this date has already earned more than enough for his efforts.
He knows being on our books for 1.2mil next year is going to kill us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran on 1.2 mill on the bench and playing 2 x 20 mins OR in CCup for 80 where he'll "possibly" get less injuries is still cheaper for the club.

His 10 game average means physio, doctors, hospital fees. Hell the yearly budget on bandages and tape gets blown on him alone.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I thought earlier on when it was obvious yet again that his body was doomed that the bench would suit him. Now I would be happy to see that 1.2 mil in reggies (or gone completely) so the young blokes and future can get the experience. I'm happy for him to spend all of next year in reggies too until his contract expires.

We all know he will be in the team.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No space on the bench with JMK and three forwards there.
Foz might be finished with the outlook being future talent.
Pay has to make the call today.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only solution is waiting till his debilitating contract ends...….. I don't think there's anything that can be done unfortunately..

In saying that having him off the bench for the final 20 mins of games is not the worst suggestion I've heard.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No space on the bench with JMK and three forwards there.
Foz might be finished with the outlook being future talent.
Pay has to make the call today.
I know its not popular benching Foran especially being our most expensive player. but i agree i mentioned this before the season started. his not part of our future plans going forward. His body is finished otherwise he would be playing but while he is available and it hasnt been to often or will be in the future nurse him through on the bench as an impact player letting our two young halves gain game time together. Having Foran fresh when he is available of the bench can be good for him and the team. playing him the full 80 minutes is only going to continue with disappointment.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBF to Foran - when he HAS played, he has been one of our best.

But I am also firmly of the opinion that when his contract up, it is goodbye, so long, farewell.

The difficulty is what do you do until then? Do we put him in the 17 every week, based on his salary. Or, knowing that come 2021 he won't be here - develop talent.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that you cut your losses. Say to him we will pay you out. Just look for another club if you want to continue your career and we will pay the difference. Best off investing in the future. Also stops him costing us more treating his injuries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is he even going to play another game this season?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we want to beat the Rabbits he will get a run, whats that worth?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he’s fit to play he starts. You waste a couple of interchanges doing this and he's more likely to get injured if he's cooling down and warming up multiple times in a game given his history with soft tissue injuries.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he’s fit to play he starts. You waste a couple of interchanges doing this and he's more likely to get injured if he's cooling down and warming up multiple times in a game given his history with soft tissue injuries.
Agree. Foran will either start or not play. We can't afford to waste 2 interchanges on him.