STRONG COACH

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe, he realised and accepted the futility of challenging a biased organisation.
Be akin to winning an unfair dismissal case and returning to work for the company that doesn't want you.
They're going to make your life hell.
And why do you think they have such a big axe to grind when it comes to Flanagan? It’s not like they go around banning coaches they don’t like as a matter of routine.

In any case, I could never trust him after ever went down behind this current ban. I think the initial ban and sanctions were too lenient, tbh.

And if they really have something against Flanagan, a coach they don’t like and a club they don’t like would surely be a recipe for disaster.

Banned
Reaction score
I've nfi why.
Why do they hate us?

Yet you trust the dogs after cheating the salary cap.
Trust has been breached, so how, utilising the ethics you've demonstrated, can you without bias, support the dogs?

Dogs of War.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow well that’s compelling evidence. Poor Shane.

In case you can’t tell, that’s sarcasm. His dealings with the club were NOT confined to discussing his future contract. That’s the problem. If it wasn’t the case, his lawyers would already be challenging his ban.
Nailed it UtilityHalf.

Flanagan was caught talking about recruitment decisions among other things outside the permitted terms of negotiating his own contract post suspension.

If he did nothing wrong, why did the then CEO of the Sharks self-report it to the NRL when the emails were found during an internal audit?

After being unrepentant for the peptide saga, he violated terms of his suspension and hence is now BANNED.

If he had any ammo, he’d be fighting it and no doubt the NRL had substantial legal advice before enacting the ban.

He’s a cheat and a grub and should never be allowed anywhere near Belmore.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've nfi why.
Why do they hate us?

Trust has been breached, so how, utilising the ethics you've demonstrated, can you without bias, support the dogs?

Dogs of War.
OK, let’s go back 17 years. Sigh.
Dogs paid their price for their sins - points stripped and top to bottom of the table in a heartbeat. Those administrators are long gone and will never be back - the right thing to do. Exactly what needs to happen to Flanagan.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When will people realise that it's the quality of the team that is the problem, not the current coach.
The lack of quality of the coach is the problem in my view.
The roster may not be the strongest we’ve had , but under Pay we have made losing a habit in the last 2 years.
So much so , that if and when we do string a couple of wins together some crack open champagne bottles to celebrate , thinking we have turned the corner.

I don’t know what Dib and co’s biggest fuck up was ....extending Haslers contract only then to sack him and Pay him out, or hiring Pay in his place.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The lack of quality of the coach is the problem in my view.
The roster may not be the strongest we’ve had , but under Pay we have made losing a habit in the last 2 years.
So much so , that if and when we do string a couple of wins together some crack open champagne bottles to celebrate , thinking we have turned the corner.

I don’t know what Dib and co’s biggest fuck up was ....extending Haslers contract only then to sack him and Pay him out, or hiring Pay in his place.
Their biggest fuck up was signing off on all the back ended deals that cooked the cap now everyone including us fans are having 5o deal with the consequences

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Their biggest fuck up was signing off on all the back ended deals that cooked the cap now everyone including us fans are having 5o deal with the consequences
Yep .
They extended the contracted of the coach who mismanaged our cap, extended his contract, then sacked him and as a reward of fucking our cap they paid him out.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guaranteed Pay will have his contract extended next season, every win by the team brings Pay closer to an extension and in my opinion he isn't a good enough coach to take the team to a GF just like a lot of other kennelers think.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've nfi why.
Why do they hate us?

Dogs of War.
Firstly, the people responsible for the cap breach were removed from their roles and the terms of their punishments weren’t violated.

Secondly, a salary cap breach is nowhere near as bad as a systematic program of administering drugs which threaten the welfare of players. A highly respected club doctor wrote to Flanagan expressing serious concerns about the program and he completely neglected his duty of care by doing what he did and completely ignoring the concerns of a medical professional.

There’s no comparison between the two incidents at all. Flanagan should not be allowed anywhere near this club.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at our history whenever we had success, it was behind a strong coach, Warren ryan, Phil could, ted glossop, Steve Folkes.

We need another strong coach: SHANE FLANAGAN.
I fixed this for you

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's why you pumped up the team during pre season and claimed we would suprise a few people off the back of Pay...pfft
It’s better to be unrealistically optimistic than unrealistically pessimistic. Life is more enjoyable that way.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was quite impressed with Anthony Griffin's commentary on Fox last night during the Panthers v Sharks game. He obviously has a great understanding of the game and nearly everything that he said would happen, happened. I'd never really rated him but he has quite a good record with teams and is an experienced coach. Maybe there are other issues as to why he had been sacked previously, but his knowledge and insight into the game was impressive. Maybe he could be a possible future coach if we are looking for an NRL experienced coach
Panthers got rid of griffen when the where in the top 4 so I’ll take him