Canterbury closing in on Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Herman Ese’se

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s spot on... there is little to no doubt dean pay always gets his man recruitment wise.... can spot talent and knows how to bring it along, I still have major questions over his game play choices, interchange timing and occasional team choice but given what he is and had to work with it’s not bad from pay... not sold on his coaching but he must be involved in the recruitment and team management at worst
Really........ pay kept chopping and changing our team around and the boys got sick of it. Playing favourites. I left to our rival club and won group prop of the year the following season.
Where did u get your info from ?
Us players made up our gameplan and put in the extra hours and training.
Pay did nothing but enjoy all the arse licking he got.
He may have learnt more since, but i see some of his old traits and dumb coaching still today.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Api is like Jake Granville. Both were good at the beginning, and gradually over the years, injuries have taken its toll.

I won't mind Api at the right price, but nowhere remotely near that 500-600k thats been thrown around. imo he aint worth 300k.

Haven't seen much of Mahoney so i cannot comment, but there definitely is a shortage of good up and coming 9's and 7's
Plenty of talent in Mahoney.. all round beauty.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really........ pay kept chopping and changing our team around and the boys got sick of it. Playing favourites. I left to our rival club and won group prop of the year the following season.
Where did u get your info from ?
Us players made up our gameplan and put in the extra hours and training.
Pay did nothing but enjoy all the arse licking he got.
He may have learnt more since, but i see some of his old traits and dumb coaching still today.
So you weren't one of his favourites?

Are you letting a personal bias creep in?

I haven't made up my mind on Pay or the board yet. Players aren't playing like he has lost the dressing room.

You can't judge what is happening when the job is only half completed.

When the board got in we were told the mess left by Dib, Castle & Hasler could not be fixed until 2021.

That is when they should be judged.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you weren't one of his favourites?

Are you letting a personal bias creep in?

I haven't made up my mind on Pay or the board yet. Players aren't playing like he has lost the dressing room.

You can't judge what is happening when the job is only half completed.

When the board got in we were told the mess left by Dib, Castle & Hasler could not be fixed until 2021.

That is when they should be judged.
I dont get all this whinging.

First it was 2 premierships by 2019 and we know what happened there.

New mob that came in, said it how it was. No promises of a top 8 or premiership and that we have to ride it out till 2021.

and again everyones going apeshit.

There is no club in the NRL and most probably in history, which has lost soo many good players in a space of 3-4 years without them being replaced by better or equal to players

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but for Veteran allowance in the salary cap, if we offered Tolman 400k, would 200k go towards the cap? and if we offered Jackson 500k, would 300k go towards the cap? or is that 200k veteran allowance split between the whole top team/top 30 (basically meaning it's useless/not much allowance)? Also do players like Reimis, Lewis and Elliott get developed player allowance? Ese'ese was also developed at out club (but did go to other clubs afterwards) so would he be allowed to receive this to?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont get all this whinging.

First it was 2 premierships by 2019 and we know what happened there.

New mob that came in, said it how it was. No promises of a top 8 or premiership and that we have to ride it out till 2021.

and again everyones going apeshit.

There is no club in the NRL and most probably in history, which has lost soo many good players in a space of 3-4 years without them being replaced by better or equal to players
Exactly, all because of previous “people” horrific management of 5he cap

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen improvement in Cogger but none in Lewis (bar his defence). We need a dominant halve and neither have it. But out of those 2 and Sir Breaksalot, I'd keep Cogger.
Imagine if we were winning the ruck, had more ball and playing off the front foot, he would be up there with try assist and try’s himself..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone hear about the 3 time premiership winning coach in the Super League saying he wan'ts to test himself in the NRL? A coach could also bring in players.
Yeah I saw that.. I think we persist with Pay for 3 - 5 rounds next year and if we have the three more signings we are after and we lose, then try and get a new coach..

We have won a few games of late, but we did at the end of last season too.. So I’m waiting to see what happened next year

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
They'd be three solid signings that would greatly improve the team. It looks like Api and Ese Ese are signed. I still think Ramien will go back to Cronulla but I'd love him to be signed by us... Api needs to stay on the field though..

I just hope that none of them are on three year deals and that none of them are being overpaid.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but for Veteran allowance in the salary cap, if we offered Tolman 400k, would 200k go towards the cap? and if we offered Jackson 500k, would 300k go towards the cap? or is that 200k veteran allowance split between the whole top team/top 30 (basically meaning it's useless/not much allowance)? Also do players like Reimis, Lewis and Elliott get developed player allowance? Ese'ese was also developed at out club (but did go to other clubs afterwards) so would he be allowed to receive this to?
Stimson is a younger Tolman bye Tolman!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stimson is a younger Jackson, not Tolman. One's a Prop, the other Second Rower.
Tolman with his powder puff hit ups making 2-5m runs and getting in the way in the opposition 20m.
Bye Tolman!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Stimson is a younger Jackson, not Tolman. One's a Prop, the other Second Rower.
Neither of them have Stimson’s size, footwork and passing ability. Hopefully Stimson has their heart and commitment.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone watching Storm v Rabbits - Nicho Hynes looks the goods for the Storm already.

Seems to ooze class and confidence.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hynes looking like a passenger to me.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone hear about the 3 time premiership winning coach in the Super League saying he wan'ts to test himself in the NRL? A coach could also bring in players.
Yer Shaun wane he was at Wigan coach them to a couple of gf wins he also coached the likes of John Bateman and Ryan Sutton he now involved with Scotland RU in some role

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Smith shows the value of a creative dummy half. JMK doesn't offer that as yet but hopefully Api and him form a great combo.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Api is a similar signing to Napa. We are rushing to fill a position of need with a layer that probably doesn’t fit our long term plans. Also helps the selling club more than us.
We are better off just going with JMK next year and see how the market goes. Our next hooker is probably playing Flegg right now