Opinion Current roster

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have said our current roster is shit and probably the worst if not 2nd worst in nrl
Many have argued saying it’s all the coach

My question is out of the current squad who would you keep and who would you let go, considering people say it’s not shit then I assume your keeping a fair amount of players to win a title?

So who would you keep and who would you let go in order to win a premiership?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have said our current roster is shit and probably the worst if not 2nd worst in nrl
Many have argued saying it’s all the coach

My question is out of the current squad who would you keep and who would you let go, considering people say it’s not shit then I assume your keeping a fair amount of players to win a title?

So who would you keep and who would you let go in order to win a premiership?
I wish I could say whom I wouldn’t keep lol, but I’m going to hold my tongue and let others take this one.

Interesting post though mate (coach) lol there’s the clue :tongueclosed:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could say whom I wouldn’t keep lol, but I’m going to hold my tongue and let others take this one.

Interesting post though mate (coach) lol there’s the clue :tongueclosed:
Is dean pay trying to build the roster for next season? :p

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the coach.....plus...... 3 to 5 decent sighnings.
People seem to forget it was this coach that re signed the useless players we need to let go.
U all think pay had nothing to do with this squad. Wrong.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd let Josh Jackson know he won't be re-signed after 2020 and use that money to make an offer to David Fifita's manager who is off-contract with the Broncos in 2020.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People seem to forget it was this coach that re signed the useless players we need to let go.
Saved me saying it an being labeled all the names for trashing pay... well said mate. :-)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No ones saying he had nothing to do with squad, but do you think he would sign cogger or Meaney if he had money to spend on a rep winger or rep half? No, he only bought what dogs could afford
3-5 so you would keep the other 27-25 players in the squad ?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest not many players would walk into other teams.

Doubt Napa starts on many packs, DWZ would most likely not be a fullback, lichaa would not even play, same goes for Meaney and Holland.

Hoppa is a good solid first grader. Very reliable. But not a 850k player. Has fallen behind the rep quality backs these days. But if keep him for 450k. Not the marquee player he once was.

Smith for mine will be highly recruited. Good speed, not too bad under the high ball (even though he gets a lot of protection/help from hoppa). This kid needs to stay (way before okunbor).

CHN is playing very well. Solid running game. Always seems dangerous.

Jmk has been much better at hooker. Think he has found a home. And wouldn’t break the bank.

Tolman has slowed down a lot. Seems like he is in slow motion when every else is rapid around him.

The best players on the squad are hoppa, DWN, CHN, remis, Jackson. I wouldn’t even put Napa in that list as he is getting way too much coin. He is on klemner money but plays like Aaron woods.

The rest of the squad would barely be considered role players let alone first graders.

Ogden and toomanga are great prospects. You keep them.

Foran is a class player but never plays. So yeh. Worst overall squad by far. And only a handful of players that are worth persisting with.

I’d even let hoppa go. To bring in more dynamic backs.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
agreed. you could have bellamy coach, with bennett and hasler as assistants with this squad and we would be no higher on the table. its just not a 1st grade squad. that simple. people on here like to continually have a cry and say we should be top 8-10 with a better coach need to stop smoking crack. worst spine in the nrl, worst forward pack in the nrl, worst backline in the nrl and yet we are equal with st.george filled with rep stars, and north the cowboys and only just behind newcastle who have been on a massive recruitment drive. guess there might be a reason why pay is the coach and these arm chair critics and watch netflix. anything above the wooden spoon with this squad is an over achievement.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No ones saying he had nothing to do with squad, but do you think he would sign cogger or Meaney if he had money to spend on a rep winger or rep half? No, he only bought what dogs could afford
3-5 so you would keep the other 27-25 players in the squad ?
I reckon he still signs Cogger and Meaney regardless of the money we have available. He's trying to sign players he has a connection with in the under 20's NSW squad. Stimson was also part of that, so was Olive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
agreed. you could have bellamy coach, with bennett and hasler as assistants with this squad and we would be no higher on the table. its just not a 1st grade squad. that simple. people on here like to continually have a cry and say we should be top 8-10 with a better coach need to stop smoking crack. worst spine in the nrl, worst forward pack in the nrl, worst backline in the nrl and yet we are equal with st.george filled with rep stars, and north the cowboys and only just behind newcastle who have been on a massive recruitment drive. guess there might be a reason why pay is the coach and these arm chair critics and watch netflix. anything above the wooden spoon with this squad is an over achievement.
The best coach in the game does no better than a nobody that has accomplished nothing at senior level bahahaha. Good one.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he still signs Cogger and Meaney regardless of the money we have available. He's trying to sign players he has a connection with in the under 20's NSW squad. Stimson was also part of that, so was Olive.
Not if he had an open cheque book, signed those players because minimum wage and had coached them so knew what he was getting with limited money
Surely you don’t believe he signs those 2 if he had. The money for a rep half n rep winger
Bahhahaha come on now , and do what leave the money in the bank

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Keep in 17 (2021 in mind)
DWZ, Hopoate, Reimis, Cogger, Lewis, Tolman, CHN, Jackson, JMK, Elliott
Napa because we have to
I'd sign a Fullback (Turbo or Latrell), Centre (Ramien), Hooker (Koroisau), Prop (Jurbo or Arrow), Second Rower (Stimson) and a bench Prop (Ese'ese)

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keep in 17 (2021 in mind)
DWZ, Hopoate, Reimis, Cogger, Lewis, Tolman, CHN, Jackson, JMK, Elliott
My point, 30 man squad so 20 players out, but people say not a bad roster
Thanks for your answer

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get rid of:
Montoya, Chris Smith, Lichaa

Maybe (more likely get rid of):
Holland, Adam Elliot

Maybe:
RFM

Probably keep:
Hopoate, Tolman, JMK

Must keep:
CHN, Jackson, DWZ, R.Smith, Cogger, L. Lewis, Wakeham, Okunbor

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get rid of:
Montoya, Chris Smith, Lichaa

Maybe (more likely get rid of):
Holland, Adam Elliot

Maybe:
RFM

Probably keep:
Hopoate, Tolman, JMK

Must keep:
CHN, Jackson, DWZ, R.Smith, Cogger, L. Lewis, Wakeham, Okunbor
Keeping 8 from 30 man roster
Thanks for answer bud

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My point, 30 man squad so 20 players out, but people say not a bad roster
Thanks for your answer
Yeah and we're gambling Cogger/Lewis improve to be 1st grade standard. Tolman, Hopoate and Jackson are coming towards the end of their career to.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah and we're gambling Cogger/Lewis improve to be 1st grade standard. Tolman, Hopoate and Jackson are coming towards the end of their career to.
Exactly, are they premiership winnings players?
That’s my point about shit roster but some blame it all on the coach

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not if he had an open cheque book, signed those players because minimum wage and had coached them so knew what he was getting with limited money
Surely you don’t believe he signs those 2 if he had. The money for a rep half n rep winger
Bahhahaha come on now , and do what leave the money in the bank
Let me tell you those players aren't anywhere near minimum wage. As a supporter you would hope that but it's not the case.

You need to understand Chris Andersons way of thinking. These guys are still living in the 90's and are looking for a diamond in the rough, whilst him and Pay are here these types of players will always be signed. Meaney was never signed as a winger in any case so it negates that argument.

Everyone knows you can't leave the money in the bank so there's no need to be a smart ass but it's all hypothetical, they might aim for Ponga at $1.5 million, Latrell Mitchell then the other positions are filled in different ways because there's not as much money available.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let me tell you those players aren't anywhere near minimum wage. As a supporter you would hope that but it's not the case.

You need to understand Chris Andersons way of thinking. These guys are still living in the 90's and are looking for a diamond in the rough, whilst him and Pay are here these types of players will always be signed. Meaney was never signed as a winger in any case so it negates that argument.

Everyone knows you can't leave the money in the bank so there's no need to be a smart ass but it's all hypothetical, they might aim for Ponga at $1.5 million, Latrell Mitchell then the other positions are filled in different ways because there's not as much money available.
Surely you understand we had no money
Surely you don’t think if we did have coin to spend we would of still bought cogger over a quality rep half ?