Canterbury closing in on Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Herman Ese’se

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
All this jizzing over Api like he's the next Smith.

Ramien is a step in the right direction, while with Api we will be stepping sideways.

Haven't we learnt over the years? Chase Stanley, Jacob Loko, Kieran Foran.....
Mate api is light years ahead of lichaa.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree he is not in the same galaxy as c smith or cook. Though who is?

I’d go absolutely hard at b Smith. Though seems not an option. I’d prefer fainu too. Though don’t think he is an option either.

I would think api is in that middle tier list.

Jmk isn’t that yet, he might be that in the future. Lichaa isn’t anywhere near that.

I think api is a huge step forward considering our options and the fact he is truly young enough to give us quality years. Perhaps him and jmk together can be a formidable combo. One thing is sure it’s a ton better then what we have had since ennis (cook for his few games) along with better then anything else available by a long way.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we do sign Api then I hope I’m wrong about not rating him or even thinking he is our Hooker answer. I’m happy with our fullback so I think we need to sign a marquee Hooker. I just think api best days are behind him and really don’t rate the kid.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone hear about the 3 time premiership winning coach in the Super League saying he wan'ts to test himself in the NRL? A coach could also bring in players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we do sign Api then I hope I’m wrong about not rating him or even thinking he is our Hooker answer. I’m happy with our fullback so I think we need to sign a marquee Hooker. I just think api best days are behind him and really don’t rate the kid.
Where do we get a marquee hooker though? Api is a definite upgrade on what we currently have.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do we get a marquee hooker though? Api is a definite upgrade on what we currently have.
Agree an upgrade but is he worth 3-4 year contract which I’m assuming the club would be offering? Stick with Jmk for next year and throw the books at cook for 2021.... or negotiate with signed hookers. Others teams do it why don’t we. I just think a Hooker is as important if not more important then halves in the game today. Manly are getting rid of api for a reason as they could get rid of any other player or players if they rated him highly

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Agree an upgrade but is he worth 3-4 year contract which I’m assuming the club would be offering? Stick with Jmk for next year and throw the books at cook for 2021.... or negotiate with signed hookers. Others teams do it why don’t we. I just think a Hooker is as important if not more important then halves in the game today. Manly are getting rid of api for a reason as they could get rid of any other player or players if they rated him highly
Api is solid and one of the better hooker's available, Cook's price would be ridiculous now. Manly are only shedding him because they are desperate to retain the twin turbos

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Api is solid and one of the better hooker's available, Cook's price would be ridiculous now. Manly are only shedding him because they are desperate to retain the twin turbos
Yea i guess so but I just don’t think he is our answer.... anyway time will tell, I didn’t rate cooger and he is proving me wrong so I guess we’ll wait and see

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
API wouldn’t be the first good hooker Des let go

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we don’t pay ‘overs’ being bottom of the table for the last few years the last thing we need is to be a club that managers use to ‘barter’ players. Or have an average squad on bigger money then they should be we have suffered enough

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Dobbo talking on the radio on triple m? He said journos and the rugby league communiTy say dean pay is one of the most respected and liked characters in the nrl I heard it this morning and was a bit taken back I think that’s a good sign and take it as gospel he is one of the most reliable sources
It’s spot on... there is little to no doubt dean pay always gets his man recruitment wise.... can spot talent and knows how to bring it along, I still have major questions over his game play choices, interchange timing and occasional team choice but given what he is and had to work with it’s not bad from pay... not sold on his coaching but he must be involved in the recruitment and team management at worst

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Koroisau's probably the best Hooker available for the next 2 seasons, unless we took a gamble on Grant (which isn't available until 2021). If Koroisau starts picking up injuries left and right tho it's going to be really frustrating.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Hopoate
4. +Ramien
5. Reimis
6. Foran/Cogger
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. +Koroisau
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. +Stimson
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. +Ese'ese
16. Smith
17. Elliott

Progress...
You had me impressed with that team except chris smith he is rubbish

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Api is the best hooker available RN. BOTTOM LINE!

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Api is ok... I want Mahoney, kid is a dead set typical bulldog hooker.
Api is like Jake Granville. Both were good at the beginning, and gradually over the years, injuries have taken its toll.

I won't mind Api at the right price, but nowhere remotely near that 500-600k thats been thrown around. imo he aint worth 300k.

Haven't seen much of Mahoney so i cannot comment, but there definitely is a shortage of good up and coming 9's and 7's

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ANDERSON'S & PAY TAKE NOTE PLEASE !!!

EELS EYE OFF BRONCOS FORWARD

Boom second-rower David Fifita comes off contract at the end of 2020 and clubs are lining up to sign the young Broncos firebrand.

The Eels are reportedly compiling an attractive offer to put to the State of Origin star, who is able to be negotiated with from November 1.

The Broncos have moved to lock up the futures of several rising forwards this year, with Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai, Joe Ofahengaue and Pat Carrigan all re-signed.

However, salary cap constraints could force Fifita to look elsewhere for a better offer.

Broncos board member Darren Lockyer responded to the reports on Channel 9’s The Sunday Footy Show, saying it will be difficult to keep all of their off-contract players.

“He’s a priority, but that’s the thing about the salary cap, you can’t retain them all,” he said.

“We want to retain all of those forwards and whatever money we have left in the cap will probably go to the kids that are coming through that we see as long-termers.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/a6ed36ee03a204236c2e537ac678409a

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate api is light years ahead of lichaa.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree he is not in the same galaxy as c smith or cook. Though who is?

I’d go absolutely hard at b Smith. Though seems not an option. I’d prefer fainu too. Though don’t think he is an option either.

I would think api is in that middle tier list.

Jmk isn’t that yet, he might be that in the future. Lichaa isn’t anywhere near that.

I think api is a huge step forward considering our options and the fact he is truly young enough to give us quality years. Perhaps him and jmk together can be a formidable combo. One thing is sure it’s a ton better then what we have had since ennis (cook for his few games) along with better then anything else available by a long way.
I disagree about Api, but agree about Fainu and Brandon Smith.

I would of much preferred if the club went for Jayden Brailey, though there's no point of crying over spilt milk.

Interesting thing is the Storm have - J. Hughes, Papenhuyzen, Munster, Croft, C. Smith, B. Smith and Harry Grant in their spine. 7 doesnt go into 5 which includes one of them coming off the bench.

I would be making enquires into Papenhuyzen and Harry Grant, considering the others have longer deals. Harry Grant is a fantastic number 9!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reason they are wanting to offload him is because Fainu is better and younger. It's not because he is crap, it's just they have a better player for his given position.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need Api as we have an ever-improving JMK who is doing a great job. Use the funds we have to secure David Fifita who is available at the end of 2020.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone needs to step in and drag the Anderson's out, cause they are killing this club for keeping pay there while he's struggling
Totally agree. We maybe winning at the moment, as ugly and lucky as it is, but Dean Pay is a shit coach. Nice guy. Who cares. Coach the team and get some aggression in defense.
Andersons are milking this club and team for all it's worth. They don't give 2 fucks about getting us back on top. Herman is a bench player at best. We flicked him for a reason.

They will be voted out in Feb for sure if Dean is not replaced