TripleM Is Josh Jackson set to leave the Bulldogs?

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On a different note how hasn’t he missed a game through injury. What a machine

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest. If you clear out Jackson, Foran and tolman. And recruit well you should build a very strong squad.

Jackson had been playing better lately.

Butttttttt he has failed to develop. Let’s not forget this guy was getting brad filter awards a few years ago. Was the first player picked for nsw. And now can’t even make 18-19 man squads.

I’d love for him to stay long term. But we can’t give him marquee money. Hopefully we realise this (he will be one of the few long serving players left outside of tolman so should get some sort of salary cap exemptions).

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add Weidler to this list. I have been told (by a journo) that even they all don’t like the bloke.
100% forgot to mention him. Weilder was mentioned as a prick and likewise badel from qld but he somehow gets good Intel.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh is past his best and it would be a win-win for both club and player if he did depart and was able to find a more lucrative offer elsewhere. I'd rather lose josh a year or two early then carry him like dead weight.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/a6ed36ee03a204236c2e537ac678409a

NRL Transfer Whispers: Dogs skipper’s future; Eels circle Broncos star

There’s still three months until players who are contacted next season are free to be negotiated with.
However, a number of rumours are already circulating that could have big ramifications for the rest of the competition.

JACKSON DENIES EXIT RUMOURS

Rumours were circulating throughout the week that skipper Josh Jackson wants out of the Dogs beyond the end of next season. The 28-year-old is set to come off contract at the end of 2020 and will hit the open market on November 1.

However, speaking on Triple M on Saturday, veteran Newscorp journalist Brent Read said both club and player have denied he wants out, and the Bulldogs are desperate to re-sign him before he hits the open market.

SHARKS’ SALARY CAP SQUEEZE

Despite losing Paul Gallen and Jayden Brailey for next season, the Sharks have a salary cap squeeze on their hands after upgrading a slew of young stars this year including Bronson Xerri, Briton Nikora and Braden Hamlin-Uele.

It will all but rule out their chance of signing Valentine Holmes if he decides to return to the NRL if he is unsuccessful in his bid for an NFL career.

DOGS EYE UNWANTED KNIGHTS

The Bulldogs have reportedly met with unwanted Knights centre Jesse Ramien in a bid to bring him to the club in 2020.

Sacked by the Knights after a disagreement with coach Nathan Brown, Ramien was ‘unhappy’ in Newcastle but is seeking out several options at various NRL clubs.

The Tigers are also believed to be keen on the young centre.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Bulldogs are also in the final stages of signing former under-20s star Herman Ese’ese, who is surplus to needs at the Knights.

EELS EYE OFF BRONCOS FORWARD

Boom second-rower David Fifita comes off contract at the end of 2020 and clubs are lining up to sign the young Broncos firebrand.

The Eels are reportedly compiling an attractive offer to put to the State of Origin star, who is able to be negotiated with from November 1.

The Broncos have moved to lock up the futures of several rising forwards this year, with Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai, Joe Ofahengaue and Pat Carrigan all re-signed.

However, salary cap constraints could force Fifita to look elsewhere for a better offer.

Broncos board member Darren Lockyer responded to the reports on Channel 9’s The Sunday Footy Show, saying it will be difficult to keep all of their off-contract players.

“He’s a priority, but that’s the thing about the salary cap, you can’t retain them all,” he said.

“We want to retain all of those forwards and whatever money we have left in the cap will probably go to the kids that are coming through that we see as long-termers.”

TITANS TOO SKINT TO MAKE PLAY FOR GLENN

Broncos veteran Alex Glenn is off contract with the club at the end of the year, with the Titans believed to be in the box seat to sign him as a senior player to help change the culture.

However, speaking to the Courier-Mail, Titans’ head of culture and performance Mal Meninga confirmed there was less than $100,000 in the salary cap for next season and the club is not in a position to consider signing Glenn.

“To be honest we only have $100,000 to spend in the salary cap — that’s all we have got,” Meninga told the newspaper

“We are jammed for funds under the salary cap.

“I would love to sign Alex Glenn. He is a quality player and a great leader, he could definitely enhance the club, but financially I don’t think we can afford him.

“There’s definitely interest in Alex from our end, but it’s having the ability to pay what a player of his quality is worth.”

Glenn has previously spoken about what he could bring to the struggling Gold Coast club and admitted he would be open to the switch if the offer was right for he and his family.

“Personally I reckon I could (help them),” Glenn said back in July.

“The person I am, I have strong values on respect, honesty and hard work. I think. I could add to a team like that.”

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/a6ed36ee03a204236c2e537ac678409a

ANDERSON'S & PAY PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!!

Boom second-rower David Fifita comes off contract at the end of 2020
and clubs are lining up to sign the young Broncos firebrand.

The Eels are reportedly compiling an attractive offer to put to the State of Origin star, who is able to be negotiated with from November 1.

The Broncos have moved to lock up the futures of several rising forwards this year, with Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai, Joe Ofahengaue and Pat Carrigan all re-signed.

However, salary cap constraints could force Fifita to look elsewhere for a better offer.

Broncos board member Darren Lockyer responded to the reports on Channel 9’s The Sunday Footy Show, saying it will be difficult to keep all of their off-contract players.

“He’s a priority, but that’s the thing about the salary cap, you can’t retain them all,” he said.

“We want to retain all of those forwards and whatever money we have left in the cap will probably go to the kids that are coming through that we see as long-termers.”

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Allow Josh Jackson to find a new club and secure a long term deal for himself and instead, the Bulldogs should be trying to sign DAVID FIFITA who comes off contract at the end of 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers already have Marsters and Mbye in the Centres. There was rumours during the season about shopping Mbye around (I guess there was no takers?). Unless the Tigers can offload Mbye I don't see them being able to sign Ramien. Which is good news for us. I think the position that David Fifita plays and likes, Second Row, isn't an area we should be focusing to much on recruitment wise, so because of this I don't see Fifita being at the top of our recruitment list. Yes he's very talented.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ramien, Api and enquire about James from tits considering tits are after a backrower in Glenn and want to resign Arrow.

DWZ
Meaney / Knonkonbor
Ramien
Hoppa
Smith
Wakeham
Coggar
James
Korisau
Napa
CHN
Stimpson
Jacko

JMK / Lewis
Elliot
Tolman
Ogden / RT/ Kalache

and Foran.

Looks a fair team to me to Challenge for the 8

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've said all season we should be making a huge offer to Fifita. He's a genuine talent that can do things almost no other forwards can do. He should be one of, if not the priority target. Make him an offer he can't refuse. Fuck the Eels.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Work with his missus and I asked her today if this was true and she said not a chance... Her words were Jacko is dogs through and through and that he would take anything they offer him to stay
Fuck ya gotta love that

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson will probably end up like Nathan Hindmarsh .. Gun attacking second rower at the start of his career then turns into a boring tackling machine .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson will probably end up like Nathan Hindmarsh .. Gun attacking second rower at the start of his career then turns into a boring tackling machine .
Hopefully with a premiership tho

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No your not. His finding his form again and growing as captain... Jacko in a quality team, starting to enjoy his footy again is a must.
Finding form? Why, because we finally won 2 in a row?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol @ these ***** having a dig at our Captain. A representative player who gives it his all every game, and who has been doing it year in year out for many years.

These same ***** use to dig at Ennis and Graham and years later they are harping that we havent had aggression and passion like Ennis and Graham, the same ***** taking the piss

You ***** seriously need to get laid you bored sick freaks