Tolman WTF!!!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't a world class defender imo. He works hard and is great positionally but he doesn't dominate the opposition in defence. Years ago he was a lot better at it and was arguably one the better wrestlers in the game, these days not so much
World class was a bit of a stretch, but he does defend very well. Tightens up the middle, makes good contact when defending the try line when it matters most, cover tackles for others. I just get so frustrated with his runs. We desperately need a sharp hooker / leader who will get the ball to the right players at the right time. (That’s not passing to Toles on what should be an attacking play)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
World class was a bit of a stretch, but he does defend very well. Tightens up the middle, makes good contact when defending the try line when it matters most, cover tackles for others. I just get so frustrated with his runs. We desperately need a sharp hooker / leader who will get the ball to the right players at the right time. (That’s not passing to Toles on what should be an attacking play)
Yh he's defenitely very good at reading the game in defence, but yh like you mentioned offensive he struggles. There's times were he puts himself between the dh and first receiver just so he can get the ball haha

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Delusional if you think Tolman ain't a good player he is there competing in every play just cause he ain't a gifted athlete you think he sucks? You would find it hard to find any front rower that covers this much ground in defence & attack but it's up to the play makers not to pass him the ball when a try is on can't blame him for putting himself around the ball.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman is generally among those who get the ball because he's active throughout the entire match and never goes missing in action. It's up to the players in the spine to ensure that attacking threats get the ball in the attacking zones of the field. Tolman isn't the only forward that gets the ball on the forth tackle. He's just the one that gets a tonne of shit slung at him for it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tolman is generally among those who get the ball because he's active throughout the entire match and never goes missing in action. It's up to the players in the spine to ensure that attacking threats get the ball in the attacking zones of the field. Tolman isn't the only forward that gets the ball on the forth tackle. He's just the one that gets a tonne of shit slung at him for it.
Yeah exactly what you said, the spine shouldn't be giving him the ball in attacking zones, but if he's that one dimensional (skill set) then that's a problem too. If a new player came into the spine and passed him the ball of muscle memory then I'd understand, but at this point if they see Tolman they should just skip him or take the line on themselves.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He made two try saving tackles in consecutive tackles there tonight.

It's such a quandary. A good coach and half should be telling him to get the fuk out of the way in the late tackles of the set however some times he's the only one there or the only one backing up so he get's the ball. A good half shouldn't pass it to him anyway yet many times the lug is standing in the fukin way. The whole team and coach are to blame for it but I will say this. If the whole team had the heart he had then we would be in the finals.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman needs to learn a Trombone doesnt belong in the strings section..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He made two try saving tackles in consecutive tackles there tonight.

It's such a quandary. A good coach and half should be telling him to get the fuk out of the way in the late tackles of the set however some times he's the only one there or the only one backing up so he get's the ball. A good half shouldn't pass it to him anyway yet many times the lug is standing in the fukin way. The whole team and coach are to blame for it but I will say this. If the whole team had the heart he had then we would be in the finals.
The halves are obliged to pass to him. if we're in the attacking red zone, and hes in the way, they either pass to him or die with the ball, tacking them out of our last tackle.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who's to blame tolman or the idiot passing it to him

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing him celebrate when the kick was missed you can tell he is one passionate player. Is he a impact player fuck no. But in defence he would be the first I would pick. In attack maybe take the 1-3 tackles and then go away. If he can manage that then a lot of people would appreciate the work he does in this young squad. Including myself. I get so pissed off when he takes the 4th tackle and gets dominated and we lose all momentum but the bloke just seems like he wants to do everything for the team.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman.. definitely been a staple for many years. And he’s Mr reliable, which ever way you look at it lol.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How about you highlight his 48 tackles and 150m of yardage.
I agree he is valuable for his work ethic but we need to sign another prop and reduce Tolmans minutes and he’ll be a bit more effective. He should rarely touch the ball on the 4th tackle.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like him or not, Tolman is the first forward picked to play. He does the work of a lot of the other plodders and never takes a backward step.
He builds the wall in the middle. He gets the ball a lot, because he is always pushing up. The others cant claim that.
I know he is not a game breaker, but hes probably the best game saver.