Opinion Referees Bulldogs vs Tigers Sin Buns FFS!!!!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that the referees tried to make the game a tight contest?

First half the whistle never stopped blowing it seemed against us. The Tigers with the upper hand in all facets of the game have a player put in the bin for something that isn’t even blown a penalty 9/10 times throughout this year.
We then run out in the second half and get reffed back into the game with a couple not picking penalties late in the counts.
With the game in the balance and a few minutes to go we have a 20 tap and the whole Tigers side is 3m offside before it even touches the foot of our player passing the ball.

Smith then gets sent for a lateish shot. I can see why the did it in a way by the precedent set earlier but Lewis was hit in the back and Matterson on his shoulder. Not sure what Smith could have done in that situation to be honest.

I thought that no matter what side you supported tonight the decisions on field were a joke.

Does anyone else agree about the whistle blowers trying to create a spectacle?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With the late hit on players passing the ball, they need to determine what is actually late. If a player actually doesn't have time to pull out of the tackle then it's fair game, I don't care if you're a play maker or forward.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at, and still am at the pub, and they had the ra ra commentary on, so didn't hear what they said, but it looked like a bullshit sin binning. Didn't even look like a penalty to me. Big fuckin call.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate that there is a greater emphasis on player safety now than ever before... and rightfully so... for example, the fact that Folkes had CTE is shocking to me

but the Chris Smith sin binning is quite possibly the worst sin binning I have ever seen

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers one was fairly late, but a sin bin come on
And smith hit old mate just after he released ball
Neither should be sin bin in my eyes

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always felt through out the match that it was rigged for the tigers to win tbh.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the refs where just bored as fuck having to officiate such a dreadful game and decided to mix it up. I think I saw staff at the ground handing out nodoze in the stands.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that the referees tried to make the game a tight contest?

First half the whistle never stopped blowing it seemed against us. The Tigers with the upper hand in all facets of the game have a player put in the bin for something that isn’t even blown a penalty 9/10 times throughout this year.
We then run out in the second half and get reffed back into the game with a couple not picking penalties late in the counts.
With the game in the balance and a few minutes to go we have a 20 tap and the whole Tigers side is 3m offside before it even touches the foot of our player passing the ball.

Smith then gets sent for a lateish shot. I can see why the did it in a way by the precedent set earlier but Lewis was hit in the back and Matterson on his shoulder. Not sure what Smith could have done in that situation to be honest.

I thought that no matter what side you supported tonight the decisions on field were a joke.

Does anyone else agree about the whistle blowers trying to create a spectacle?
No. I don't think refs want to keep games close; but the standard has slipped to the point that nobody can explain just what some of their rulings are.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at, and still am at the pub, and they had the ra ra commentary on, so didn't hear what they said, but it looked like a bullshit sin binning. Didn't even look like a penalty to me. Big fuckin call.
Commentators agreed with you.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Tbh there is a clear agenda being pushed with those calls on late tackles. The blame comes onto the refs boss not the refs themselves

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh there is a clear agenda being pushed with those calls on late tackles. The blame comes onto the refs boss not the refs themselves
Even forgetting the sin bins the flow of penalties favour the team behind on the scoreboard.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Being unbiased play the tigers hit at normal speed, it wasn't a sin bin.

Was listening to the last minutes of the game on radio so can't really comment on the second one.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being unbiased play the tigers hit at normal speed, it wasn't a sin bin.

Was listening to the last minutes of the game on radio so can't really comment on the second one.
the Tigers one was maybe worth a penalty... neither were worthy of the sin bin though

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It will get to a point where if a half goes to the line and gets a finger laid on on him someone will be going to the bin. The standard of reffing is killing the game

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tonight was a drab and ugly game of football made even worse by horrible refereeing yet again. The overuse of the sin bin, shocking standard of refereeing and whole judiciary system are destroying the game.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith one was easily the worst sin binning I’ve seen in my life

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the reffs.!!! 2019 is bust anyway.. gotta look ahead to next year an Hope things go well with potential signings etc..!! Fingers crossed.