Opinion This time last year after 20 rounds

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pick the halves and stick with them. As much as I like Foran he leaves our team without cohesion due to injury.
Cogger should definitely be a mainstay. Lewis I reckon is good but if we cant find another centre, put lewis in there. Then have wakeham/cogger as our halves with hopefully Api as our 9. We should be chasing him hard.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger should definitely be a mainstay. Lewis I reckon is good but if we cant find another centre, put lewis in there. Then have wakeham/cogger as our halves with hopefully Api as our 9. We should be chasing him hard.
Yeah Lewis is a tuff one as I dont know where he fits in the team. Many have pointed out that his defense is solid so"he needs to be in the team". Same with Foran, we need to play him if fit because he's on a gazzillion dollars so we need to get some return for $$$. At the end of the day, these things should be set aside for whats good for the team/2020season/plan of attack. In saying that I certainly dont know the answers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How did Lewis go at centre when they had him playing there in reggies. Doesn't prove much but can sometimes be a guide. Is Morgan going to get a go?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis is a Halfback, we need to stop saying to move him into the Centres, Hooker or Lock...

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reimis Smith is our most consistent player you could argue. Especially when it comes to scoring tries

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis is a Halfback, we need to stop saying to move him into the Centres, Hooker or Lock...
Just trying to find a place for him and also Wakeham. Pay wont drop Cogger or Foran when fit.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm expecting slightly better next year. DWZ by himself is lifting the playing group. We have Stimson coming in who's very solid. The majority of this year we were struggling with who to play in the Second Row and Lock positions. This is going to be sorted next season with Stimson coming in. I think Elliott is very valuable of the bench for 30 minutes. If we're able to get Ramien and Koroisau over the line then our squad will look a lot better on paper - we'll finally have our Centre problem fixed. I'm expecting to finish ~12th if we get those 2 signings done. 2021's the big one for me, when I think we should be competitive to make the 8.
That is providing any good players would play for us that is the big question

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the last 6 weeks I definitely think we could make the 8 next year. The key positions for me that we need to sign are:
1x centre
1x hooker
1x front rower
2x back rower
We didn’t start this season great with a lot of new combos but I think now with a season up our belt we should start off next year much better.
If we won the storm and raiders games that we lost by 2 points, we are currently 1 point out of the 8...

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This time last year we had won 5 after 20 rounds
This year after 20 rounds we have won 6 after 20
Discuss how you think were going to change this next year. The clear problem is that we haven't been able to win the important games early on in the season, how will this change under another season of pay.
Couple of top signings might help but will it be enough?

If we won the Melbourne game, raiders game, Souths game etc they are in the 8 and those were all well within grasp team is nowhere near as bad as made out to be... players individually are improving our recruitment is second to none and according to Shaun Johnson we are the toughest team in the nrl to play

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe do some training in the pre season?? Maybe come up with some sort of game plan in attack??