Bulldogs Furious at Foran

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His body is not up to nrl perhaps he should look at ESL if his mind is on playing on is it possible we could shop him there?
Any chance that’s what Hill was doing when he was over there?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
His body is not up to nrl perhaps he should look at ESL if his mind is on playing on is it possible we could shop him there?
Don’t think ESL is an option. He has two kids with a former partner based in Sydney. His new-ish wife also has a bunch of kids with a previous partner. Good luck negotiating that!

It’s a bitter pill to swallow but it seems there’s no alternative but to pay him and move on at the end of 2020.

Between She-Rex and Floporan, we’ve paid two of Des’ mates almost $5m over 7 years. Maybe the Dogs can open a superannuation fund and claw some of it back via fees!

Better still - no more risky long term and expensive signings - incentivise, make ‘em earn it and then upgrade them.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever believes this article is just as dumb as the person who wrote it

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
foran is broken he will never be sound nor able to play more then a couple of games here and there, we are stuck with a very expensive busted up crock until his contract runs out, nothing we can do about it as foran quite happy to get paid for doing nothing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Grain of salt, maybe he won’t come back. Maybe he will. I guess time will tell !!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumours are tumours especially off a Facebook post

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the truth is probably somewhere in between.
He is dedicated to the cause, but at this stage with the season over for us, he’s probably more focused on making a proper recovery in prep for 2021.
To me that seems the common sense middle ground reading between the lines.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You mean 2020, right Nasheed?
God forbid if he’s still around in ‘21!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the truth is probably somewhere in between.
He is dedicated to the cause, but at this stage with the season over for us, he’s probably more focused on making a proper recovery in prep for 2021.
To me that seems the common sense middle ground reading between the lines.
Come on mate no amount of rehab is going to make the slightest difference to him coming back healthy in order to contribute any more that a few good games in 2020. The club must consider all possible options such as, medically retire him, a coaching position, a job a job after football, even playing him in the CC.
Whatever happens he must not be allowed in the side again, he would only be hindering the team and the development of the club's up and coming halves. If Pay was to pick him again us fans should do everything possible to get him sacked.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bed was made a couple of years ago. The club has to lie in it until Foran is off contract or someone desperate for a half comes knocking. Ideally Lewis and Cogger will perform well and demand that Foran work his way back into the team.

You can't deny that he played good football for us early in the year. He was providing nearly all of our attacking spark. But if our young halves develop a good combination it's worth persisting with them for the sake of team cohesion. He would be more likely to consider a move from the club if he was knocked down the pecking order.

At the end of the day I don't care if he sees out his contract here. But he shouldn't be re-signed beyond his current contract.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
We have to pay 1.2m for this regardless thanks to the former administration.

Why don’t we just offload 700-800k someone will take him for minimum 400.

We use the 400 on someone that will actually play and contribute

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have to pay 1.2m for this regardless thanks to the former administration.

Why don’t we just offload 700-800k someone will take him for minimum 400.

We use the 400 on someone that will actually play and contribute
Foran's still a risk for 400k tho. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if no club wants him (if Manly didn't have cap problems maybe just because of Des, otherwise I don't see a match).

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can leave him out but the million bucks will still come off the cap.
Yeah ok. So guys that are not in the top 30 getting match payments in reserves that counts towards our cap?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you all realise he can't be medically retired , every few posts it gets brought up .
He does not have a injury that will not allow him to ever play again . He is just a busted ass that constantly gets soft tissue Injuries

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you all realise he can't be medically retired , every few posts it gets brought up .
He does not have a injury that will not allow him to ever play again . He is just a busted ass that constantly gets soft tissue Injuries
I agree but maybe a case can be put forward now it’s clear that it’s chronic and playing on is against duty of care.
Who knows. I don’t think Forans onboard though, but maybe he is now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah ok. So guys that are not in the top 30 getting match payments in reserves that counts towards our cap?
He’s signed a contract to play at the club so we have to pay him his money. It doesn’t matter where he plays. The reggies cap is $500k so we can’t use that.