Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Dean Britt

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be alright. Will hold judgment!!

His father played for us for many years, so Im happy to see him play for us also.
Might as well sign Nathan peats and be done with it then..
So we have any other ex bulldog players sons playing out there....roll up roll up sign em up

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is exactly how I look at it.

I mean let’s be serious he isn’t likely to be on a lot more then minimum. I don’t think he’s shit. I’ve actually watched him a lot on the bunnies game. He started for them at prop a few weeks back and he went pretty well. He is a tough no frills bloke. In all honesty I think he will go ok on the bench.

We clearly need some attacking backs, hooker, half etc. big props too! Though if we land Herman, api and Raimen the club have done signing some big upgrades and slots we need without getting any stars or huge $ spent.

Think 2020 with those and a ton of cap to spend still could be :

Dwz
Okunbor/Meaney
Hoppa
Raimen
Smith
Cogger/Foran/Lewis/wakeham for 6-7
Tolman
API
Napa
Stimson
Chn
Jackson

Herman
2 of Britt/Ogden/to’omaga/Raymond/Elliott/Sue/kalache

Jmk/wakeham maybe for a utility?

Again not winning the Comp though sure we shit not bottom 4 and hopefully 6-8th. With a cheque book to shop still
We need some BIG Bastards....the props you mentioned will not put the fear of god into the opposition..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need some BIG Bastards....the props you mentioned will not put the fear of god into the opposition..
I don’t disagree. Though they aren’t off contract.

Tolman is the following season (2021) and that’s when we are loaded from all reports.

I’d be saying bye to aiden at 32 then and signing the biggest baddest prop we can.

Hopefully Napa is fired up by then too. Maybe Ogden or to’omaga surprise to too. Maybe esse’esse can help if confirmed he did the job at broncos. Went well at knights last year too. Either way, I agree.

Though reality is if 2020 sees us finally have a decent hooker like api, add a class centre like Raimen to help Dwz, smith and hoppa in the backline, okunbor kicks in we are decent there.

Stimson, esse’esse, Britt come in with api and Raimen. It’s damn good recruiting for 2020 with a bit of $ without having our full $ for 2021, while addressing major weakness’s.

Then as I said 2021 cya Foran, cya tolman, cya hoppa, cya Elliott any other deadweight or overpaid blokes.

Go get some big mean forwards, a gun 6/7 and whatever else we need.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t disagree. Though they aren’t off contract.

Tolman is the following season (2021) and that’s when we are loaded from all reports.

I’d be saying bye to aiden at 32 then and signing the biggest baddest prop we can.

Hopefully Napa is fired up by then too. Maybe Ogden or to’omaga surprise to too. Maybe esse’esse can help if confirmed he did the job at broncos. Went well at knights last year too. Either way, I agree.

Though reality is if 2020 sees us finally have a decent hooker like api, add a class centre like Raimen to help Dwz, smith and hoppa in the backline, okunbor kicks in we are decent there.

Stimson, esse’esse, Britt come in with api and Raimen. It’s damn good recruiting for 2020 with a bit of $ without having our full $ for 2021, while addressing major weakness’s.

Then as I said 2021 cya Foran, cya tolman, cya hoppa, cya Elliott any other deadweight or overpaid blokes.

Go get some big mean forwards, a gun 6/7 and whatever else we need.
Hoppa isn't dead weight

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa isn't dead weight
Don’t get me wrong. He doesn’t belong in that category.

Though to me he’s not an elite centre and he’s not worth us spending much on.

I’d rather a lot of other centres who are a lot cheaper.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. He doesn’t belong in that category.

Though to me he’s not an elite centre and he’s not worth us spending much on.

I’d rather a lot of other centres who are a lot cheaper.
Hoppa is a good player, very underrated and cops a lot of slack on here. If we resign him on a cheaper deal he is on, I’d be more then happy for him to stay. DWZ, Hoppa and smith are forming quite comnination on that edge

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa is a good player, very underrated and cops a lot of slack on here. If we resign him on a cheaper deal he is on, I’d be more then happy for him to stay. DWZ, Hoppa and smith are forming quite comnination on that edge
I was hoppa's biggest critic in the past but I must say he has played well this year...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa besides lack of speed is a great player... saved heaps of tries this year and has a very good passing game. The criticism is unfortunately warranted due to his inflated salary. I’d be happy to resign him on a reduced contract also.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Admittedly I haven't been excited enough about the football this year to watch every game. But the difference between a firing Hopoate and when he plays average football is big. He can be a massive threat when on song but it's unpredictable when that will happen. I don't know what wages he's on but if he's on huge money he has far too many quiet weeks to justify it.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa is not great nor is he shit.

Hoppa is solid. The question is what is solid worth?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Hoppa's defence has gone unnoticed.. Kept Mitchell quite against the roosters and has been solid all year. His work with Jacko to help Coggar has been awesome in keeping points down the right edge down.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa is not great nor is he shit.

Hoppa is solid. The question is what is solid worth?
400-450k for a consistent all round footballer who is definitely a leader in the team.... Whats he on now anyways?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
400-450k for a consistent all round footballer who is definitely a leader in the team.... Whats he on now anyways?
Yeah, my thought was 400k for solid.

Wouldn't have a clue what he is on, but keep in mind he was a Hasler signing and re-signing, so it could be anything

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, my thought was 400k for solid.

Wouldn't have a clue what he is on, but keep in mind he was a Hasler signing and re-signing, so it could be anything
Yeah someone spewed up 650k a while ago so who bloody knows..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopoate's probably on 800k next year. The last year of our back ended contracts... I'd resign him for 400k. Leadership qualities, solid defence and can create something in attack with his good hands.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What was that about hoppas defence? That’s why I said meh. He’s slow and average at best. His only outstanding attribute is his hands. A centre needs more then that in my books.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Darren Britt was an absolute weapon, loved him when he played for us, no frills prop who always aimed up.

Haven’t seen much of Dean but expecting people to hate on him for his name/nepotism etc.

Good luck to him if/when he comes across.

What would we expect of him, bench role at best?
He's solid like his dad, a real workhorse...playing well for souths atm...good signing