Bulldogs Furious at Foran

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you think he’s recently mentally given up!?
Kind of interesting observation.
Absolutely. He checked out at the end with Parra for obvious reasons. He wasn't mentally locked in at the Warriors. He was even more of an imposter last year when he did play with several games where he NEVER kicked or ran it all game... This year he bought in more to start the year but now he's gone back to not giving a shit and living off his million dollar a year pension that Des gave him.

Banned
Reaction score
It's in Foran's interest to medically retire if he desires to work with the club post playing career.
If he can't see this, he doesn't belong on the staff anyhow.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
See how people start shit?
Who knows what the hell?
If its not healed its not healed, Lewis gets a shot.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Can we not post rumours please? Should be in the rumour trash until verified.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
While his body has failed us he's always seemed like he played with his heart on his sleeve and been a true professional when it came to rehab etc. I really don't think he's the one taking the piss, that goes to the genius that signed him in the first place

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Regardless if true or not the guy is eating over 1mil of the cap and playing 10 games. Team cant get used to constant changes in playing styles... it's disruptive... in reality he is costing the club 1.5mil a year having to carry additional halves just to cover him. It's in clubs interest to leave him out of top 30 next year if possible and focus on building some stability....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. I can understand if this is true as he wants to play as many years as he can as I cannot imagine there being much coin for him when he retires. If it is true then it’s self preservation as he knows he is moving on. In saying that why risk turning up to work when you get $20k a week regardless. Trying to put myself in his shoes based on if these comments are true. Everything else you have ever heard about him is that he is a total professional so who knows.
Rehab isn’t self preservation it fixes you

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not defending him, trust me i'd love to see Foran gone tomorrow, but that page doesn't have any inside info.
That page is TRASH lol....

I'm new to FB but some how I get alerts from that page. That page dribbles utter shite.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Regardless if true or not the guy is eating over 1mil of the cap and playing 10 games. Team cant get used to constant changes in playing styles... it's disruptive... in reality he is costing the club 1.5mil a year having to carry additional halves just to cover him. It's in clubs interest to leave him out of top 30 next year if possible and focus on building some stability....
This is probably the best option if he won't retire to a coaching job with us. When you add up all the negatives, for him and the club, it's hard to imagine him having the desire of playing on with his mental and physical demons.

Because his playing appearances are so erratic, we do need an extra half in the 30...just another area that affects our ability to compete with the top rung teams.

Wish him all the best but geez Watmough would be the only other player of similar injured status on a sc roster...maybe Ingliss?

You you consider his history since leaving Manly, it's been a long time that he hadn't contributed.

No salary cap not as big a problem but with the dumb sc, as it applies to everyone else, (barring the favoured teams of course), the impact a chronically injured player becomes huge.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you leave a guy out of the top 30 if he has a million dollar contract ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you leave a guy out of the top 30 if he has a million dollar contract ?
You can leave him out but the million bucks will still come off the cap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
While his body has failed us he's always seemed like he played with his heart on his sleeve and been a true professional when it came to rehab etc. I really don't think he's the one taking the piss, that goes to the genius that signed him in the first place
It's not his fault he was handed a deal for three times what he was worth..

But last season he did take the piss. There were several games where he literally didn't kick or run the whole game. He was just a passenger mentally and physically. This season started off much different, and he looked more like the player he used to be and you couldn't fault his effort...

But as I said earlier, considering his pain threshold and history of playing with injuries, I'm sure he could play right now if he absolutely wanted to. The club should do everything they can to move on from him. And Wakeham should be benefitting from his absence, not Lewis.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe this for a second, but how does the medical retirement process work in league?
Is there a medical team that determine if a player’s injuries will ever improve to the level expected of a professional footy player?
Can someone medically retire, then if their conditions improve, return again a year or two down the track if they can provide new medical evidence?
Why does the player decide what should be a medical decision?

Sorry for the nuffy questions
If a player has a contract, he has the right to see out out the term of the contract.

We can pay him out the value of the remaining contract and get rid of him, but that comes off our cap.

If a player retires before the end of the contract term because of injury then you can apply to have the contract cost come off the salary cap.

The player must also go through an independent medical assessment with a NRL Dr who will rule whether the injury in career ending.

A player cannot be forced into retirement who has a valid contract.

As far as I am aware very few players have been medically retired and no one has ever made a come back so I am unaware of what happens in that situation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But as I said earlier, considering his pain threshold and history of playing with injuries, I'm sure he could play right now if he absolutely wanted to.
I’m not so sure about that once you get soft tissue injuries like that it’s so easy to re injure yourself again. Foran has shown he has chronic issues with his hammies so it has nothing to do with a pain threshold he’s just a shot duck.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
winning 3 from 10 is our normal strike rate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that once you get soft tissue injuries like that it’s so easy to re injure yourself again. Foran has shown he has chronic issues with his hammies so it has nothing to do with a pain threshold he’s just a shot duck.
Oh for sure. But it hasn't stopped Foran in the past and won't in the future. My point is, if Foran was playing for a team in finals contention, he'd be out there without doubt.

The issue is, I don't think Pay or the club are resting him, I think it's down to Foran not wanting to play or risk it and they have no idea when or if he'll play again this season. Which would frustrate the club to no end and rightly so, especially considering his exorbitant salary.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His body is not up to nrl perhaps he should look at ESL if his mind is on playing on is it possible we could shop him there?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One article reads the coach feels sorry for him because of his injuries and they are not giving up on him the other says they are furious because of he's attitude at rehab this year lol.