Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul kent said val holmes probably will not make the cut in nfl and most likely will be heading back. Will be expensive but dont think will cost more than latrell.
Cowboys already have the coin for Val and made it well known they'll go all out for him.

But would be great I agree.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2m's not going to cut it. For the Trbojevic brothers you're looking at about 2.5m. 2m will buy you Latrell and Arrow. This is the team I'm hoping for atm:

Bulldogs 2021
Coach: Pay/Flanagan
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis
6. Cogger (right)
7. Lewis (left)
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau
10. Arrow
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Napa
16. Flegler
17. Elliott

We'd have about ~800k remaining in the cap if my calculations are correct. Which would be enough to bring in both Trbojevic brothers instead of Latrell and Arrow. The problem I see with this roster (Trbojevic brothers) tho is who's goal kicker.
I'm with you there, so if it's a little more so be it. These brothers the way they play and their professionalism on and off the field is second to none and these type of players are rare when you look at the package we would get out of them. The Roosters won last years Grand Final by spending big on Cronk, Tedesco and Keary. All quality. We have to do the same while we have (will) an open cheque book or other teams will strengthen even further and widen the gap between top four and the rest of the comp it's as simple as that.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you there, so if it's a little more so be it. These brothers the way they play and their professionalism on and off the field is second to none and these type of players are rare when you look at the package we would get out of them. The Roosters won last years Grand Final by spending big on Cronk, Tedesco and Keary. All quality. We have to do the same while we have (will) an open cheque book or other teams will strengthen even further and widen the gap between top four and the rest of the comp it's as simple as that.
Dont know if using the roosters is a good example, they dont have a cap :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/08...-in-2019-after-being-left-out-of-titans-team/

Ramien inundated with offers
Speaking of Ramien, the out-of-favour centre met with his management on Wednesday to discuss the options on the table.

It’s believed the Bulldogs, Eels, Tigers, Titans, Cowboys and Sharks have all expressed interest.

Herman set to head back to Dogs
The Bulldogs are moving closer to striking a deal with Herman Ese’ese. Both parties are keen for the reunion, however they are still negotiating the finer detail. Ese’ese is holding out for a three-year deal while the Bulldogs originally offered two.

Flanno won't sign with Saints
It’s unlikely Shane Flanagan will head to the Super League as Justin Holbrook’s successor, despite the NRL not standing in his way. Perhaps Flanagan is holding out for a NRL job in 2021 if the governing body give him the green light to return from his suspension.

Whispers about the Bulldogs won’t go away given Flanagan and Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill’s long-standing relationship which dates back to when they were on the coaching staff at the Eels many years ago.

Something worth reading...

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same old rumours just bubbling along...
Yeah I know it is but it’s has some good signs considering we are finally getting traction of some decent signings.. especially when it appears on the NRL website

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because he's a good player
Is he ? He’s been poor as a knight.

I just don’t see him as a must have despite his potential. Could be a good player or could take the club for a ride. Who knows

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would much rather read these rumours on the NRL website than from one of the newspaper germs

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't watched Herman Ese'ese play yet. Since he's almost certainly coming, what's he like and where will he play?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Mole: New NRL club joins three-way battle for Jesse Ramien
By The Mole

Gallen 'shocked' by Ramien-Knights fallout
1 / 1
><
FTQWB
The battling Bulldogs are attempting to sneak under the guard of the NRL's glamour clubs to sign dumped Knights centre Jesse Ramien.

Wide World of Sports has learned that the Bulldogs met with Ramien and his manager today in the hopes of quickly snapping up the talented centre.

Ramien has been in high demand since parting company with the Knights last week, with big spenders the Roosters and Cowboys leading the way.

Ramien can't play in the NRL again until next season as the deadline for signing players for this year was June 30.

The hard-running centre would be a tremendous addition to the Bulldogs' backline and the club will have money to spend for next season.

Ramien was unhappy at the Knights because he was on the right side of the field and the ball constantly went the way of the brilliant Kalyn Ponga on the left.

But he is certain to get more ball - and more opportunity - at the Bulldogs, a team that has struggled to score points.

Meanwhile, Ramien is considering a short-term deal in the UK as the Super League deadline for signing players for the current season is not until next week.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't watched Herman Ese'ese play yet. Since he's almost certainly coming, what's he like and where will he play?
Prop, and someone I think would fit in well and improve our forward pack.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prop forward. Used to play for us a few years back. He's a big bopper who can bend the line.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get Flanno here.

Who gives a fuck if our boys are drugged up, as long as we win something ffs

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Get it done. But I am not sure he is worth much more than what his current contract with Knights is (circa 400K). Hard to tell if second year syndrome or not just unhappy.

I thought he moved to Knights to be closer to kid as well. He should be happy with that money and go large with his next contract.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't feel confident on Ramien, no inside info, just gut feel, hope I'm wrong though.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't see him going to UK Super League and leave his kid...call it BS!!

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why do Roosters need another centre? Their sombrero is huge...

Hope dogs can sign him

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article also says that Ramien struggled to bond because he lived on the Central Coast with his daughter and had to leave early after training, missing out on bonding sessions with the team. Might be tough to accomodate for Ramien.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate at knights said if he gets it together could be the best prop in the game if he cuts his stupid shit out like not turning up to training etc