News Steve Price vows to bring success back to Belmore in new club role

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On nrl 360 tonight they spoke about the dogs and his appointment and used the word nepotism and jobs for the boys

What's so wrong about the point above???? It's what us fans have been complaining about and saying for years. As an observer / outsider looking into our club that's how it appears to be!!! Mates looking after mates. If Pay was head coach at any other club he would have been terminated by now. I just hope that Price has the balls to act if and when the time comes, for him to do the right thing by the team and the club.

#MediocrityWillNOTBeTolerated

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just because Price played for the club and was involved in league doesn't necessarily make him the best person for the job.

But if it was open for applications, the club did it's homework and found he was best candidate then fine, only time will tell if it was a good decision.

Best of luck to Pricey anyway.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure if he ever openly admitted it but it’s pretty common knowledge that was a big reason he moved over there.
His pokies indiscretions were early in his career, thanks to Bullfrog &. Co sorted it & diverted his spare time in to the Bachelor of Business. He signed with the Warriors to distance himself from the Coffs Harbour saga.
Price is forever grateful for what Bullfrog/Hagan/McIntyre did, hopefully it’s time to give back........

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On nrl 360 tonight they spoke about the dogs and his appointment and used the word nepotism and jobs for the boys

What's so wrong about the point above???? It's what us fans have been complaining about and saying for years. As an observer / outsider looking into our club that's how it appears to be!!! Mates looking after mates. If Pay was head coach at any other club he would have been terminated by now. I just hope that Price has the balls to act if and when the time comes, for him to do the right thing by the team and the club.

#MediocrityWillNOTBeTolerated
Geez wouldn't it be good if we could somehow get gus gould the chairmanship of the bulldogs football club....

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez wouldn't it be good if we could somehow get gus gould the chairmanship of the bulldogs football club....
I think Gus would have bigger plans like taking over from Greenturd.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Gus would have bigger plans like taking over from Greenturd.
I don't think they will.let that happen.
I must say though I firmly believe gus would really entertain it, the boss of a big club....just like Eddie Maguire at Collingwood...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think they will.let that happen.
I must say though I firmly believe gus would really entertain it, the boss of a big club....just like Eddie Maguire at Collingwood...
Yeah and only going by memory....I remember reading or hearing about it in a pod cast that Gus had no more plans of becoming a CEO in club land after Penrith. How ever he would entertain the thought of taking over Tod Greenberg if the opportunity arose.

But then again it's the Bulldogs so......Who knows. He still talks up the club with certain players, DWZ for one.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah when I see it then I will believe it and give credit talk is cheap ,cheap talk has been going on for years now at Belmore ,we want to see genuine results thanks.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anderson’s appointed price coz they could control him and pull his strings

Anderson and Gould don’t see eye to eye
Gould is the best person avail for the job and should’ve been sought

On another note, the boss of the bulldogs junior league just re-signed due to back biting and bickering being rife from the grass roots and heading up.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So is his position like gus at Penrith.
General manager of football.
Does that mean price is now pays boss?
General Manager of Football is Pays boss yes. I want to know if he answers to the CEO Hill or the Board like Gould did?

I like this appointment and I especially like that at least from the words in the article if they are genuine quotes that hes aware of the amount of negative talk amongst certain fans who are well repressed here and on Facebook and other places and blame shifting internally as to why weve missed the finals for 3 years in a row and is approaching his duties to fix the mess with an open mind. He may determine that Pay is crap or Pay is a good coach, and who amongst the squad may shine in a different coaching setup.

The role gives him up close access to the squad, training, game day, recovery, coaching methodology. Having an MBA hed be skilled in the process of formulating policy direction to a far greater extent than Meninga could achieve with Gold Coast.

Gould would be better. I dont doubt that, but doubt the Board would go down that road. Iken on NRL360 rubbished the appointment as nepotism and belittled the Bulldog 'family' culture.
But Pricey was an inspirational leader and Captain. His overseeing can only be a positive thing for the Club.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It's a good move. I had pricey in for CEO 2 years ago but he has to learn from someone . He can't just be thrown in because he a certificate . His promotion is a good move and bad move . We are in a position now where we need elite professionals business minds with the mix of football minds. I think we had to him with experienced guys than developing and promoting from within. Hill is the CEO who is voiceless, no authority it seems. We need a real CEO for other to be good at their jobs. Hope pricey shows us all he isn't over his head 2.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ikin said the dogs need to move on from the family club, and hire the best people with corporate governance.
Ikin asked Kent why were they called the family club...his response, bullfrog was the CEO, Lynn in charge of marketing, his son in laws the coaches ...
Shows how dumb they really are. It went a lot deeper then that. We had the Mortimer brothers, the Hughes brothers, and then their sons and nephews and so on. We built a lot of success while doing this, and the families of these players were always very well looked after, as were families of players we recruited from far away.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ikin is as dumb as a box of hammers and Kent is just a troublemaker like his mate Rothfield. I wouldn’t put any stock in nor be worried about what they mouth off with.
Yeah jeez ikin appears to be the dumbest **** haha he looks like a weasel with glasses. and married to Bennett’s daughter

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all you saying this is dumb , he’s been in the nrl for years he knows how it works, he managed him self at times, he’s been involved for QLD , Australia and the dogs , he loves the club is proven in business , he’s not some muppet he is a legitimate bulldog and degree holder.

I’m a Tradie and I learnt from my boss how to run a business he didn’t show me but you learn along the way, as if they are gonna jeapordise the club it they didn’t have Faith in him.

Your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t with some
Of you on here, if we didn’t get a bulldog to replace a bulldog you’d all be crying for a bulldog so they go and replace a club legend in Turvey with the next clublegend in price .

Should name this the bipolar kennel

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not against this to be honest. Surprised with the backlash over this announcement.
Same.
I just goes to show, when someone’s got the shits, they can find shit in any news. Like complaining about the tax you have to pay on the $1m you won.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So is this "Nepotism" the same shit as when Dib was in charge snd pulling all the strings over his puppets and Castle?

These current muppets on the kennel crying foul, are the same muppets who were on board with Dib, feeding you information which you wanted to hear.

Did it make you special to be part of the Dib sanctum?

Did you enjoy the free tickets, coffee and drink cards around Belmore and Homebush?

You muppets are nothing more than sadistic *****.

Election time is coming up. Dib is sending out his puppets. The habibs can harp and harp and harp along till February, though with great guarantee the current board will not be overthrown.

The vast majority of these muppets spreading the word of Dib, are not even football or leagues club members.

In conclusion, you ***** along with Ikin and Kent can go and fuck yourselves

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ikin said the dogs need to move on from the family club, and hire the best people with corporate governance.
Ikin asked Kent why were they called the family club...his response, bullfrog was the CEO, Lynn in charge of marketing, his son in laws the coaches ...
Ikin and Paul ****'s obviously-biased commentary made Hooper the Pooper Scooper sound like the voice of reason...