Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No **** helped us when we were in cap trouble, we had to chip in and the vultures picked at us... we need to be strong and tell others clubs to get fucked and hunt their quality players not the dregs
Exactly this!

Curtis Scott
Xerri
Raimen
Latrell
Manu
Staggs

These are the centres we target ffs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly this!

Curtis Scott
Xerri
Raimen
Latrell
Manu
Staggs

These are the centres we target ffs
Yep, these are the gun centres I'd be chasing (Irrespective of contracts).
Though I feel someone is missing from this list - Lomax? Someone I have forgotten?
No to Dugan, No to D Walker, No to Gagai.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wanting 1.5m a year from Newcastle, hello Canterbury your paying a hack 1.2m hello again, time to offer him 1.6m for 5 years this guy is a winner, his not a Knight this guy needs to be rewarded and where in a position

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How long is his current contract until? Save 300-400k on DWZ by not signing Mitchell or turbo and give a little extra to Ponga in the halves??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long is his current contract until? Save 300-400k on DWZ by not signing Mitchell or turbo and give a little extra to Ponga in the halves??
save? We'd need to buy a Winger. If we keep DWZ Fullback and don't sign Oates, Cotric or Vunivalu then I'd be disappointed.

For me it's either
1. Latrell (or Trbojevic)
2/5. DWZ

OR

1. DWZ
2/5. Oates (or Cotric, Vunivalu)

Townsend is the only Half I'd consider over Cogger and Lewis atm (experience). Ponga's not even off contract. Knights will upgrade Ponga's deal to ~1m soon.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah save. I think DWZ would sign on long term as a FB for maybe 700k. If we did that then we wouldn't need Turbo or Mitchell on $1 to $1.2 million and we would save in that position. That would allow us to use that extra cash towards those positions you mentioned and/or pay a little extra and get Ponga to build the club around.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah save. I think DWZ would sign on long term as a FB for maybe 700k. If we did that then we wouldn't need Turbo or Mitchell on $1 to $1.2 million and we would save in that position. That would allow us to use that extra cash towards those positions you mentioned and/or pay a little extra and get Ponga to build the club around.
Latrell 1m, DWZ 500k = 1.5m
DWZ 700k, Oates 700k = 1.4m

If we want a good Winger then it's going to cost the same tbh. Unless more players pop up similar to Ramien and Koroisau.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Latrell 1m, DWZ 500k = 1.5m
DWZ 700k, Oates 700k = 1.4m

If we want a good Winger then it's going to cost the same tbh. Unless more players pop up similar to Ramien and Koroisau.
You don't pay 700k for a winger.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don't pay 700k for a winger.
Oates is worth 700k. How are you going to lure Cotric and Vunivalu away? You think they'll come paying them the same amount as the Raiders or Storm? Like I said unless players pop up for the similar reasons to Ramien and Koroisau we'd have to overpay. That's why it's x100 better to find a Winger or Centre that can play Fullback that can't at their current club. DWZ is already here. Latrell at Fullback for 1m is good value for the situation we're in IMO.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Oates is worth 700k. How are you going to lure Cotric and Vunivalu away? You think they'll come paying them the same amount as the Raiders or Storm? Like I said unless players pop up for the similar reasons to Ramien and Koroisau we'd have to overpay. That's why it's x100 better to find a Winger or Centre that can play Fullback that can't at their current club. DWZ is already here. Latrell at Fullback for 1m is good value for the situation we're in IMO.
I wouldn't want Vunivalu as I think he's a complete grub. I just wouldn't spend 700k on wingers. I would be targeting upcoming players who aren't on that coin in that position and reward them in time if they become that good. I would keep DWZ at FB regardless as he was in an article this afternoon saying he is in his preferred position (FB) and is happy at the dogs, I wouldn't upset that for Mitchell. For me DWZ is our man and he came to us when no-one wants to so that counts in my books.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Vunivalu as I think he's a complete grub. I just wouldn't spend 700k on wingers. I would be targeting upcoming players who aren't on that coin in that position and reward them in time if they become that good. I would keep DWZ at FB regardless as he was in an article this afternoon saying he is in his preferred position (FB) and is happy at the dogs, I wouldn't upset that for Mitchell. For me DWZ is our man and he came to us when no-one wants to so that counts in my books.
I don't mind if DWZ stays Fullback, just isn't more preferred option. Only difference is I would sign a premium Winger. Nothing wrong with a grub if they're on your side :kissingheart:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was looking this way for a while, but young Turpin has signed a 3 year extension with the Broncos according to Fox.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This a guy our club should be looking at to help with our depth at prop for next year. He’s got a big frame and is over 2m tall which makes him very different to what we currently have. It doesn’t look like the Dragons are going to re-sign him and would come much cheaper than a guy like Ese’see. He is averaging 162.5m a game in NSW Cup. Here’s the article about him
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/1d8bb26bae7e106c1a13311a06a6c683

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What our club / board should do and what they actually do are two different things. Meaning there's more chance of us fans passing out through lack of oxygen than there is the board doing or getting anything right!!!

#NoConfidence

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy and they also have another good forward Jackson Ford who only on a development contact this year both have good stat's but neither have been given a chance even with all the injuries and suspensions.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This a guy our club should be looking at to help with our depth at prop for next year. He’s got a big frame and is over 2m tall which makes him very different to what we currently have. It doesn’t look like the Dragons are going to re-sign him and would come much cheaper than a guy like Ese’see. He is averaging 162.5m a game in NSW Cup. Here’s the article about him
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/1d8bb26bae7e106c1a13311a06a6c683
Wouldn't command massive dollars, definitely worth taking a chance on.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it’s rumoured this guy is coming?
I’m starting the rumour now and hoping the Mole gives it some steam.

Wouldn't command massive dollars, definitely worth taking a chance on.
I can’t remember where I heard it from, it may have been from Phil Gould on tv. But basically they said it was important to recruit different body types in your forward pack as they all provide a different challenge to the opposition.

Having a tall prop who bends the and racks up the post contact metres would be a Klemmer-lite replacement. We’ve seen what Fualalo offers and we should let him go. Why not take a chance on a guy who has proven himself at NSW Cup level and see if he can play first grade?