Official STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Along with "my Dad".

Hope that didnt sound negative cos I wish them every success.
I know what you mean it’s time Lynne stepped out of her dads shadow and became known as a fantastic chairperson rather then just being Bullfrogs daughter. Let’s hope this appointment turns out to be great!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Its fairly obvious he has been shown the door at board level and this the nice way of doing it.

Happy for him to be given this position as he will probably be able to offer more in this role.
Why is it obvious?
He lived in QLD (where he’s from) after returning from NZ.
His daughter plays netball for GWS and moved to Sydney, so the family is relocating too - hence he can take on a full-time job in Sydney with the club - not feasible from QLD, which was fine as a Director which are usually quarterly meetings, sometimes phone hookups. I know, having served on a board (unrelated to sport).

Man, the suspicion and negativity on this place is really starting to bug me. Hopefully it changes when we’re winning more games - or maybe then some Kennellers will complain of too much success??

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pricey was coming to the end of his career when the sheep shaggers made an offer he couldn't refuse, the same scenario as JR. I was disappointed he left, I thought at the time there goes his chance of an administrative role, however he's now older and wiser and I think this is a good appointment. He seems to tick a lot of boxes for this type of role and for those thinking nepotism, sure his name on the Anderson ticket helped at election time but nothing wrong with that.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Watching retro round Bulldogs v Bears 93 at Belmore on Kayo Sports while reading the article. As I’m reading Lyn Anderson’s quote her name is called out by the ground announcer at BSG during the game on TV!!!! How fkn weird is that. She’s bloody everywhere.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some fresh blood and ideas can only be a good thing. It will be interesting to see who the replacements are.
It seems to me its jobs for the boys,this board is just sugarcoating their own,inadequacies,I don't have a problem with Steve price,but why talk about an interview process,when there is none ?

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me its jobs for the boys,this board is just sugarcoating their own,inadequacies,I don't have a problem with Steve price,but why talk about an interview process,when there is none ?
Wheres your concrete info that there were no interviews? Haven’t read it anywhere that there were none. Just because theres no articles on interviews doesnt mean there were none.
I mean if youve got some solid inside info that there weren’t and he was just given the job despite the article saying he interviewed well let us all know. But not your guesses and assumptions im sick of reading made up shit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if there were interviews or not and to be fair Price does have a decent resume the only thing he doesn’t really have is prior experience doing this role. I’m happy enough to see how he goes.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How hard can it be to be GM of Football. Of course he'd have the life qualifications for it and tertiary qualifications.

"Implement the overall football strategy with responsibilities across performance management, salary reviews and staff contracting. Oversee all aspects of the Football Department including Recruitment, Junior Representative Program, High Performance Unit, Junior League, Player Wellbeing and Education, football operations and training facilities. Work closely with the coach Dean Pay".

Piece a cake.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh and mentor and personally coach Ofa and RT as I requested in another Topic lol.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

STEVE PRICE TO BECOME BULLDOGS' NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF FOOTBALL
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the commitment to excellence within their Football Department by appointing former club legend Steve Price as their new General Manager of Football.

Price played 222 matches for the Bulldogs during an illustrious career and was a member of the 1995 and 2004 Premiership winning teams. He also captained the 2004 side throughout that season before injury ruled him out of the Grand Final. He is currently in a management role with Westfund Health Insurance after successfully running his own business and completing his MBA studies.

Price is currently a member of the Bulldogs Football Club Board and will stand down from that position to take on the new role.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to add to the strength of the Bulldogs Football Department by appointing someone of Price’s pedigree and background:

“After spending some time making sure that we found the right person, Steve was the outstanding candidate that came out of our interview process.

Part of our long-term planning here at the Bulldogs is to return to adopting a development club philosophy. With the formation of stronger ties to Country New South Wales and a commitment to our local Junior League and Pathways system, we felt that Steve was the perfect person to bring all these pieces together.

Steve has great leadership skills and a wealth of experience across both football and business. He also has a unique ability to be able to link our past to our future and he will bring a strong vision around the development of culture and family values at our club.

Steve also has a great understanding of what a player in the NRL needs in terms of support and has been the Chairman of our Player Wellbeing and Welfare Committee for the past 18 months.

With the recent appointment of Jack Mesley as Chief Commercial Officer and Stacie Brand as Membership and Fan Engagement Manager, we are continuing our long term plan to recruit and develop the best people, on and off the field.”

Price was excited about what lies ahead for the club:

“I am extremely proud to have been appointed as General Manager of Football at the Bulldogs. During my playing career I completed my MBA and once I retired worked outside of the game and found it extremely beneficial to get a different perspective to the one I had as a player. I ran my own business in New Zealand for 3 years that also gave me a wealth of experience and knowledge I didn’t previously have. I am really looking forward to working with everyone at the Bulldogs and to continue building towards making this club great again.”

Chair Lynne Anderson also looked forward to what Price could bring to the role:

“I’m thrilled that Pricey has decided to join our revamped Football Department. One of our goals as a new Board was to attract the best talent, both on and off the field. Steve has undeniable high performance experience and importantly will bring his blue and white passion to this role. While on the Board he has helped shape the long term strategy around rebuilding our club and I could also see he had a growing excitement around where we are heading. Ultimately, he wanted to be a part of making sure the right change occurred. I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA.“
Interesting...
Three years ago I suggested he should take over from Castle as CEO
I have always held him in high esteem and was dirty on the club for letting him go.
Now I have three questions to ask...
1. What happened to his business in NZ ?
2. Is he successful in management at Westfund health insurance ?
3. Or is this just another job for the boys ?
I hope my respect for him doesn't fade away !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Really @wendog33? Piece of cake? With all the egos inside football clubs? Keeping the modern day player with loads of cash and free time on the straight and narrow is easy? This is where the Dogs ‘no dickhead’ policy seems to work pretty well.

To me, this job isn’t ‘easy’ and requires passion and commitment to really succeed. Why was the previous GMF moved on? There may have been various reasons but performance would have to have been a factor.

After these areas were ignored by previous coach and management for 5 years, getting it right now is really crucial in so many ways - future talent, competitors, sponsors, revenue and of course winning premierships. That’s not all on the GMF of course, but as part of the Executive and Ops Team, I wouldn’t be understating the challenge of the role at all.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheres your concrete info that there were no interviews? Haven’t read it anywhere that there were none. Just because theres no articles on interviews doesnt mean there were none.
I mean if youve got some solid inside info that there weren’t and he was just given the job despite the article saying he interviewed well let us all know. But not your guesses and assumptions im sick of reading made up shit
If you're sick of reading made up shit,you should look for alternatives,do you honestly believe everything you read

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Really @wendog33? Piece of cake? With all the egos inside football clubs? Keeping the modern day player with loads of cash and free time on the straight and narrow is easy? This is where the Dogs ‘no dickhead’ policy seems to work pretty well.

To me, this job isn’t ‘easy’ and requires passion and commitment to really succeed. Why was the previous GMF moved on? There may have been various reasons but performance would have to have been a factor.

After these areas were ignored by previous coach and management for 5 years, getting it right now is really crucial in so many ways - future talent, competitors, sponsors, revenue and of course winning premierships. That’s not all on the GMF of course, but as part of the Executive and Ops Team, I wouldn’t be understating the challenge of the role at all.
I was probably mucking around a bit but overall I think Price has the respect and accumen necessary to succeed in the position.

We'll have to wait and see. Although there are many and varied responsibilities, I think force of personality and not academic achievements will auger well for him. Hope so.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not sure if there were interviews or not and to be fair Price does have a decent resume the only thing he doesn’t really have is prior experience doing this role. I’m happy enough to see how he goes.
Likewise I like Steve price good person for the job,I was in the video game for 30 odd years,doesn't make me a good business person,this forum is all about opinion,i have a right to voice it.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still not over seeing Price wear a warriors shirt for our first game of the year, Bulldogs vs warriors.......yeah. :confounded:

Good luck to him in his new role.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a big fail, the board have a feeling that they are going to get kicked out so there starting give each other contracted positions in case they are voted out, the new board can pay out there term, just great.

We need outside help no wonder why Steve mortimer stood down. He knew what's happenin behind scenes and wants nothing part of it, in order to get out of this mess we need external help who can see what's going on. Not blinded by loyalty.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Pricey is a CEO in waiting. He will get more from this role than to on the board.