Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, they're in big trouble when he eventually kicks the bucket. Let them bask in the sunshine for now. Fake club, with fake supporters.
You would think 3 premierships in 45 years is a bit low for a club with unlimited cap space.
I'd rather be a Bulldog supporter and stick to my 6 premierships in 40 years TBH
Good stuff, when he goes i doubt there will be anyone to provide the full brown paper bags

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm....don't know about that. We still haven't recovered from Bullfrog's departure. The Bulldogs are a very rich club, one of the richest clubs in the NRL, yet we're still behind the 8 ball.
It doesn't matter who you replace the individual with, the replacement will always be different with their own ideas and imprint. The roosters will never be the same once he goes.
Agree to disagree. 500 mill... This is without parallel to the financial position of any club in the NRL. This wealth has been building for the best part of 30 years to the point now at which it is snowballing. The roosters strategy over the past 20 years of buying whoever they want and paying off officials will continue long after Uncle Nick. Why? 500 mill that is snowballing. Thats why. 500 mill attracts good operators

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. 500 mill... This is without parallel to the financial position of any club in the NRL. This wealth has been building for the best part of 30 years to the point now at which it is snowballing. The roosters strategy over the past 20 years of buying whoever they want and paying off officials will continue long after Uncle Nick. Why? 500 mill that is snowballing. Thats why. 500 mill attracts good operators
I hate to say it (cause it’s the roosters) but I think you are right.. look at the potentials inline for chairman when he retires... they’ll keep buying whoever they want. Somebody in here mentioned they were happy for our board to continue as long as they replace 1-2 members with good business men...I think that is about right too. ..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep, 100% agree to disagree!
Canterbury have the same resources to buy officials. It doesn't matter how much money you have, if you don't have the right people in place hitting the right tunes it will turn to shit pretty quick. There is no g'tee the person to take over from uncle Nick will conduct business the same way. The same way the people at our club couldn't run the place like how Bullfrog did.
One thing with uncle Nick, the Roosters are his love, he has a strong emotional connection with the club going back to the 70's. It's very difficult to have that handed over to the next person, you can't manufacture that, there's no price on that. He rules the place with an iron fist.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it (cause it’s the roosters) but I think you are right.. look at the potentials inline for chairman when he retires... they’ll keep buying whoever they want. Somebody in here mentioned they were happy for our board to continue as long as they replace 1-2 members with good business men...I think that is about right too. ..
That's a smart move and I think your definitely right with that.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 10915
Just seen this on that ckarkeys page, if you look closely it has a potential line up with ramien and Mitchell at 6, Mitchell comments on it saying yes up for it, Mitchell a 6?
Clarke’s just a blow arse.. He doesn’t know shit, he copies other jurnos crap and runs with it and calls it his own..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown's words to Ramien: "I hear your dad is shopping you around? I don't take that personally, and don't take this personally, but go and pack your bags and go and play somewhere else where you're happy with the money you're on."

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s fair enough too..

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that smh story is 9/18 and politis said then that club portfolio $120m, long way off $500m which is his wishlist

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’re going to have to pay overs IF the likes of Ponga want $1.5m a season to stay at the knights. Imagine what we’d need to throw at someone like him to entice him considering we’re in a rebuild phase with a donkey coaching us.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that smh story is 9/18 and politis said then that club portfolio $120m, long way off $500m which is his wishlist
The property they own + plans to develop + sprinkle in some of Nick's money 773 mill and growing. They will get there.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jesse Ramien is a must, we really need a centre to partner will Hopoate

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh but sometimes you have to pay overs for good players to come especially in our position, with that mentality of not paying a bit of overs we might not get anyone
Every club needs a 'quality' million dollar player and another couple earning there abouts or you get left behind. You build your team around those few high earning quality players where the potential of those on less thrive under.

It all comes down to the recruiter that he can identify who his top earning players will be ensuring that every year you get consistent value for money out of them. How do we know we can get that from a player is the million dollar question?

It would have to be a current established representative player/s and the Trbojevic brothers are a no brainer. Seriously, I would be throwing a combined 2 million at these two because we have some decent young kids playing NRL and gaining priceless experience and we have them at good value in our cap so these kids playing under the likes of Trbojevic brothers, Stimson, Jackson, CHN, DWZ and add Koroisau at hooker, Ramien at centre and we'd be a force without a doubt.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every club needs a 'quality' million dollar player and another couple earning there abouts or you get left behind. You build your team around those few high earning quality players where the potential of those on less thrive under.

It all comes down to the recruiter that he can identify who his top earning players will be ensuring that every year you get consistent value for money out of them. How do we know we can get that from a player is the million dollar question?

It would have to be a current established representative player/s and the Trbojevic brothers are a no brainer. Seriously, I would be throwing a combined 2 million at these two because we have some decent young kids playing NRL and gaining priceless experience and we have them at good value in our cap so these kids playing under the likes of Trbojevic brothers, Stimson, Jackson, CHN, DWZ and add Koroisau at hooker, Ramien at centre and we'd be a force without a doubt.
2m's not going to cut it. For the Trbojevic brothers you're looking at about 2.5m. 2m will buy you Latrell and Arrow. This is the team I'm hoping for atm:

Bulldogs 2021
Coach: Pay/Flanagan
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis
6. Cogger (right)
7. Lewis (left)
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau
10. Arrow
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Napa
16. Flegler
17. Elliott

We'd have about ~800k remaining in the cap if my calculations are correct. Which would be enough to bring in both Trbojevic brothers instead of Latrell and Arrow. The problem I see with this roster (Trbojevic brothers) tho is who's goal kicker.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jesse Ramien is a must, we really need a centre to partner will Hopoate
Why is he a must?

He might be too expensive then people will be complaining that we paid overs for an avg center.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2m's not going to cut it. For the Trbojevic brothers you're looking at about 2.5m. 2m will buy you Latrell and Arrow. This is the team I'm hoping for atm:

Bulldogs 2021
Coach: Pay/Flanagan
1. Latrell
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Ramien
5. Reimis
6. Cogger (right)
7. Lewis (left)
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau
10. Arrow
11. CHN
12. Stimson
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Napa
16. Flegler
17. Elliott

We'd have about ~800k remaining in the cap if my calculations are correct. Which would be enough to bring in both Trbojevic brothers instead of Latrell and Arrow. The problem I see with this roster (Trbojevic brothers) tho is who's goal kicker.
Nice looking team, but for 2021 I think we'd need a bigger body up front than Tolman. I like the bloke but we need a Psychotic big man and that would finish off the team quite nicely. I think Wakeham might be knocking down the door also by then and take Coggers spot...
I'm not confident of us getting Ramien, depending on where he ends up d like to see who else would be available, and how Harper is progressing.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell is not a fullback.
I am yet to see anything that gives me any confidence that he would be a good fullback.
He is far too lazy to be a fullback.
Id rather pay semi radradra 800 thou than pay these fullbacks 1.5.
At least semi can run em over if there no way through, and i think dallin will be a good fullback with more time back there.
Look where melbourne sit and there got no million dollar fullback.
Plenty of other options than an over paid fullback imo.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul kent said val holmes probably will not make the cut in nfl and most likely will be heading back. Will be expensive but dont think will cost more than latrell.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is far too lazy to be a fullback.
Id rather pay semi radradra 800 thou than pay these fullbacks 1.5.
At least semi can run em over if there no way through, and i think dallin will be a good fullback with more time back there.
Look where melbourne sit and there got no million dollar fullback.
Plenty of other options than an over paid fullback imo.
Id be happy with re-signing DWZ and giving him Fullback spot.
I'd take Latrell at Centre though, not on 1.5 though. Closer to a mil yeah.
Hopefully Api comes on board and then sign a decent Prop, re-sign a few younger blokes. If there happens to be a half or 5/8 look at them also. But throwing all eggs into one basket is risky.