Reconciliation Action Plan

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I know that club's are incetivised to employ a minimum of 15% Ingdigenous Employees At Elite Level.

My question is, are certain players being overlooked for others in order to fulfill the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Requirements.

Both Adam Elliot and Chris Smith are of Indigenous decent and would tick this box for the club.

You can read more about the RAP here:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2HVo5lqbKiNlzquFwE3vbe
https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/08/15/nrl-launches-new-reconciliation-action-plan/

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
that is a very interesting document , don't think many fans are aware of this, reading it though i think it relates more to the nrl as an organisation then at club level, explains why certain ex players get cushie jobs though!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
that is a very interesting document , don't think many fans are aware of this, reading it though i think it relates more to the nrl as an organisation then at club level, explains why certain ex players get cushie jobs though!
It filters down to club level and clubs must all comply

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This does not happen. Pay selects Smith and Elliot because he wants to not because their Aboriginal. Ridiculous race bait thread

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Never heard of it but the way the world is going it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The defence force had already stopped male recruiting in certain jobs in order to offer them only to women so yeah...

The tick in the box is the way society is going unfortunately and best person for the job is declining.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It filters down to club level and clubs must all comply
if you read it thats not what it says, if that was the case each club would need 4.5 players in the top 30 identifying as indigenous, and roughly the same number of refs identifying as indigenous.

also would mean at club level you would need a set number of key football department (medical, coaches etc) also identifying as indigenous

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never heard of it but the way the world is going it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The defence force had already stopped male recruiting in certain jobs in order to offer them only to women so yeah...

The tick in the box is the way society is going unfortunately and best person for the job is declining.
i know sydney trains has given high tradie jobs- manager jobs to people purely based on the applicant being indigenous, applied and didnt even get an interview, applied again and ticked the box a month later and got the job

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I surely hope not.
Coming from an industry where there is a strong bias to employ and promote women, I have seen criteria like this every day.
Countless times, I have seen men overlooked or worse yet, lose their jobs to a women who was less experienced, less qualified and less competent to do the job but they were hired to fulfil a quota and appeal to the social agenda.
It should absolutely, hands down, ALWAYS be about the best person for the job - I really do not give a fuck if its a man, women, indigenous person, transexual or a damn cow, if they are the best, they should get the role.

Further to that, surely our club would not be so short sighted to put a small (in the scheme of things) financial incentive ahead of the team's performance on the field.
We all know that if you are successful on the field, you generally will reap the financial rewards that come with it.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It happens in all other walks of life so no one is immune to it..i personally dont agree with modern day tokenism in sport. not a week passes without another negative trans gender male competing in womens sport. we live in different times.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
if you read it thats not what it says, if that was the case each club would need 4.5 players in the top 30 identifying as indigenous, and roughly the same number of refs identifying as indigenous.

also would mean at club level you would need a set number of key football department (medical, coaches etc) also identifying as indigenous
I'm not saying those percentages apply to clubs but to a certain extent they must. How else can the NRL comply with this requirement:

'Increase percentage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and women players at an elite level by 15%' target by Dec 2022

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
i know sydney trains has given high tradie jobs- manager jobs to people purely based on the applicant being indigenous, applied and didnt even get an interview, applied again and ticked the box a month later and got the job
Fuk like 8 years ago when I signed my Daughter up for day care I had to sign permission that if an indigenous child came along we would give up our place...

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not saying those percentages apply to clubs but to a certain extent they must. How else can the NRL comply with this requirement:

'Increase percentage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and women players at an elite level by 15%' target by Dec 2022
fingers crossed its more to do with the nrl putting money (yeah right lol ) into development programs that help indigenous players develop their skills so they can make the grade based on their skills not their heritage

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuk like 8 years ago when I signed my Daughter up for day care I had to sign permission that if an indigenous child came along we would give up our place...
this is still the case

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Incentivised', not forced, and it's ridiculous to think it might apply to the playing roster and especially the 17 picked each week. Pay's strange selections have nothing to do with race.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is pick8ng a garuteed 15% indigenous is that your going to have lower standard of footballer
Or whether based on sex in jobs
Your lowering the talent pool from which to choose
You can not have the best by doing it like this
It’s simple maths

Last edited: