Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Canterbury target Api Koroisau & Foran injured again

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
EELS WEIGH-UP KOROISAU BID

Don't be surprised if the Eels put in a sneaky late bid for Manly hooker Api Koroisau.

The Sea Eagles gave the 26-year-old livewire permission to negotiate with rival clubs last week and the Bulldogs, Tigers and Warriors showed immediate interest.

But Parramatta are also believed to be about to make a bid for Koroisau - despite the good form of youngster Reed Mahoney.

Coach Brad Arthur is a big Mahoney fan - but Koroisau is among the best dummy-halves in the NRL and would give the Eels far more strike power around the rucks.
Good luck to em... I'll take Mahoney if that happens

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would be a good signing, even better if we can squeeze Manly for doing the deal

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t Api get the same money if he goes to us or the Warriors anyway? Manly would have to pick up the $100k difference in the deals.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wouldn’t Api get the same money if he goes to us or the Warriors anyway? Manly would have to pick up the $100k difference in the deals.
Yes but the deciding factor is does he want to leave Sydney?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus Manly will be pushing for him to take Warriors deal over us.
if manly need him gone, they don't have a say in it.. remember they are the ones inconveniencing Api to look elsewhere. obviously they need cap relief ..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
if manly need him gone, they don't have a say in it.. remember they are the ones inconveniencing Api to look elsewhere. obviously they need cap relief ..
They control the release though so they could always hang on to him if it doesn’t suit them and try to release someone else. I think it’s a moot point anyway I think we already have him signed up.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we already got him as well but the difference is we may be only be willing to pay $400k tops manly throw in $100k warriors might pay $450k or all the $500k if they are desperate leaving manly in a better position.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think with the $$ they have to pay to secure the Turbo’s long term and DCE already on huge $$ there might be more than just Api who gets squeezed out.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They control the release though so they could always hang on to him if it doesn’t suit them and try to release someone else. I think it’s a moot point anyway I think we already have him signed up.
I doubt they would ask him to look elsewhere if they didn't desperately need the money ..so Api has all the power in this arrangement

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way he goes warriors. They already have 2 or 3 quality hookers. He’d be our undisputed first choice