Bulldogs “still have hopes for finals”: Watene-Zelezniak

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t that the game when he actually didn’t score but miraculously retrieves the ball, flicking it back into play from a flying mid-air position Whare scores the try to leave up and Soward kicking a FG to win the game?
I think you might be right. U have a great memory !
All I know is that he had a stormer that night.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only Pay oozed this confidence. Hopefully he can learn a thing or 2 from a 23 yr old.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DWZ is the best signing we have made in 5 years.

The winning mentality and confidence that he has will lift not only himself but others around him. It’s that inspirational mentality which gives him the power which he throws into each run that he makes. He carries the team forward and sets the standard for others to follow.

That’s how you get a team of winners

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can only see us beating the Tigers and cowboys but it would be nice to see a repeat of 98.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you might be right. U have a great memory !
All I know is that he had a stormer that night.
Haha thanks bro.

And yeah I only remember it clearly cause you are absolutely right dwz had a blinder.
And I’ve i was always hoping we sign him or waqa Blake especially Dwz always admired him as a player since I first brought him in SuperCoach as a cheapie in 2014 his debut game vs the raiders he killed it scored 2 try’s I think and I was stoked lol since that game I always rated him as a player and I remember every game he played us he would tear us up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
One week at a time, every week is a semi final for Canterbury because clubs love to beat them being a former benchmark, imagine if they scraped in, big ask.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like his attitude but what planet is he on

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 11063

How did Donkey close this thread?
Just saw that closed topic and wondering the same thing. Is he a Mod?
He did not close the thread, another mod did (not me), however I do agree with the decision to close it, because there already is 3 or 4 threads about making the top 8, we did not need another. It was s just a coincidence that Horse replied just before it was locked.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs sit in 15th, but their fullback believes finals are still on the cards.

DANIEL EWART

CONTRIBUTOR
AUGUST 5, 2019 - 11:59 AM

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JUNE 30: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak of the Bulldogs celebrates with team mates after scoring a try during the round 15 NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Cronulla Sharks at ANZ Stadium on June 30, 2019 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)
The Bulldogs still have finals aspirations on their mind according to fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, following their win over Penrith on the weekend.

The Bulldogs are currently in 15th place with six wins and sit six points outside the top eight. A lot will need to go their way for them to secure one of those eight places, but Watene-Zelezniak is optimistic none the less.

“Who knows? Never say never. That’s my attitude, I play every game like it’s our last,” Watene-Zelezniak told The Sydney Morning Herald.

“I have still got hopes for finals, but you never know. We want to finish on 24 points. There was one year where teams who finished on 24 made the eight.

“That’s the goal, as long as its mathematical there’s a chance. I am still hopeful. I have been in this position before, maybe not so low but I am always hopeful, and you never know what can happen.

TRENDING NOW
“It’s a weird sport.”

Watene-Zelezniak is fairly new to Canterbury having only joined mid-season, but the New Zealand international is enjoying his time in New South Wales.

“I still have got a lot to learn. I am still learning every time I play and train,” he said.

“I love this club, hey. They’ve been amazing since day dot. It opened my eyes a bit, too. I really, really love this club.

“I am very grateful they have given me this opportunity. If they want to keep me, I’ll be over the moon. It’s out of my hands, I just have to keep playing footy and let them do what they need to do.

“Whatever comes my way I’ll take it head on.”

Watene-Zelezniak and the Bulldogs face the eighth-placed Wests Tigers in their next game with a win an absolute must if they are to keep their very loose finals chances alive.
I love how he says "this club has really opened my eyes. I really, really love this club."

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He did not close the thread, another mod did (not me), however I do agree with the decision to close it, because there already is 3 or 4 threads about making the top 8, we did not need another. It was s just a coincidence that Horse replied just before it was locked.
Ahhhh!

Thanks for clearing it up G

Reactions: GDR