Opinion The Bulldogs keep fighting unlike some of the fans

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We'll be there soon. Am confident of it.

Pay is definitely not a coach that is going to take us to the finals but it's a waste of time having anyone else here. Hopefully Flanno is a real possibility the year after.
When are people going to accept that Flanagan is a CHEAT and is BANNED by the NRL?

Some brainiacs on TK say Dogs should ‘pressure’ the NRL to allow him to coach again - why? His cheating at the Sharks has nothing to do with us. As we clean up our club from previous mis-management, we would only be going backwards by appointing a clown like him. There is no overnight answer - it takes time - the current board have never deviated from that message and I see no reason to disbelieve them. It’s frustrating for all of us, but what’s the alternative?

I’m not saying Pay is the answer - longer term likely not. But Flanagan is certainly not the answer. Who? Don’t know and we need to see who becomes available on the coaching merry-go-round - or consider a solution such as the Walker brothers (perhaps). I’m not sold on anyone other than Flanagan is a big NO for me. Hopefully he’ll go to St. Helens to replace Holbrook and all this talk of getting him to Belmore stops.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've been called moron and accused of sucking pays dick for supporting the team this year. The article might upset people who are ready to burn Belmore to the ground because their opinions differ from those of the coach and club. But it's hardly as harsh as the lambasting that many fans on here have given to others who are supporting the club through a tough period.

The old board and coach created a mess. The new board were expected to fix it overnight judging from the many critics on here. MacGyver is busy with his roll of duct tape and pocket knife. So miraculous fixes weren't on the cards. We'll just have to be a little more patient. Not fun as a fan. But when we get through this tough period, the success will feel far more meaningful.
@Alan79 - you’ve done it again mate. So refreshing to read the occasional quality post (with proper spelling and grammar to boot - god forbid!) amongst all the vitriol. Top work.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a bit happening behind the scenes. There's a couple of regulars missing. I am sure it will be resolved fairly and impartially by those in charge.
Where's Judge Judy when you need her? lol

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan may be a cheat & NRL can slap a ban on him but i doubt they can life ban him as he would go restraint of trade. Even though the bloke is a grub he is hard nosed, he manages games well and he has won a premiership. They are credentials that cant be ignored if Pay was ever to be replaced. On the subject of Pay no one can deny he doesn't have the dressing room as their efforts to win a game with 44% possession & a person in the bin for 10 minutes should have received far more plaudits than it did. I am a Pay critic but it was so fucking good seeing that team hang in there.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Staying quiet and shouting Yay bulldogs isnt going to change anything either.
Being a "realist" is more important than building on hopes and dreams like pay has done last 2 seasons. We realists point out exactly how we see it, example on weekend it was great defense to win game, but the reality of it was Panthers attack was woeful and even Titans would have held that garbage panthers mustered. If Panthers didnt throw ball sideways and do block play after block play then they should have beaten us.
Whereas the positive supporters came out and hailed Pay as awesome coach and we have all of a sudden turned a corner and future is bright all of a sudden.
That's BS, we still woeful in attack, very woeful, coach still has no idea, our defense still lets in way too many tries. We need a major overhaul of Coach and tactics.
The way DWZ is playing, he should be captain/coach of the team .Leads by example and is a cut above most players in the team and has a winning mentality. Something the rest of the team lacks and that mentality comes from the coach and management to a degree.
I never said Pay was a great coach, and I didn't say he was a great tactician. That's not the point at all. But you suggesting that all the pay lovers came out and said pay was blah blah blah is rubbish. There are probably 3 people on the kennel that do this. 3 people. The majority of the rest just want to hurl abuse and carry on like it's the end of the world. So the amount of negativity of the non supportive majority massively outweighs the few that think Pay is a great coach. So the kennel has become this massive ball of negativity which has become incredibly boring and unenjoyable in many ways.
The non supporters also constantly rehash their hatred/disgust/abuse, over and over and over. And anyone that dares contradict that train of thought is abused and discredited. This is pretty poor behaviour in my opinion. It's completely out of line as well.
You can be a realist, I'm a realist, but you can do so with a bit of class. Calling pay a useless ****, or the Anderson's a fucking disgrace, or whatever else has been thrown about, is completely unnecessary.

Final point, I dont think Pay is a great coach but nothing is all bad, there is some good to what he is doing as well, we just cant see it from the outside. And if we manage to sign Ramien and Korisau for next year, it is fair to say that the board, CEO and coach have done well in that department. And if these signings are done I'm sure there will be a big improvement next year.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How have they treated him badly ?
And what have the so called good fans had to put up with ?
Cmon mrs pay when u inviting us all around for a cuppa ?
Treated him badly.
So fans that have a different opinion on how they think the club could be stronger and better. (The same thing our coach wants.) Are bad fans if they disagree.
Are u suggesting being a fan u have to cheer and pretend nothing is wrong when our team is flat out winning a game ?

U have only been on here a short time i see. If u find ridiculing the coach disgusting. The first thing i learnt was your on the wrong forum probably bud. So get used to it.
Find it very hard to believe someone who claims to have played under Pay would speak this way. If he did play under Pay.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find it very hard to believe someone who claims to have played under Pay would speak this way. If he did play under Pay.
What... i can see and handle the truth and say it how it is. Cause i think dean is out of his depth im now a liar. Fuck off jean. Do your homework.
There would be more than just me on here thats played under him if there is actually any footballers on this forum instead of just doll bludging fans.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because i played under dean u think now i have to suck him off like the rest of u retarts that cant see his flaws or dont want to acknowledge them. Dean was a good country coach with his star pulling power. I thought after lots more experience he would be ready for nrl......but his not
So fuck off jean. Ive would love to play a game against all the wanna be nufties on this forum.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone actually show me of some evidence of our fans not supporting the club ?
Some of u accept mediocracy thats the only
Difference i see. Some fans wanting our club to be the best, is not the same as throwing them under a bus.
They can keep fighting, great. But i want them fucking winning and dean needs a very good coach next to him or in place of him.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother is a fighter.......but is now toothless......get the point.
I want my club to be manny pac man......not my toothless brother.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won 3 comps under pay ! These tough western kids will play under pay instead of all going to penrith, he has coached all over the country and been very very succesful with alot of connections. Alot of people should start doing there homework before opening there mouths. Dymock has never done any coaching. He should of went out and learnt his trade like pay did and see if he could build a coaching resume as good as pays. In 3 to 4 years time alot of people are gonna be eating there words, trust me.
Yeah man like ive stated a few times i spent 3 seasons with him. He just seems to be able to get everyone on the same page. Everyone playing for each other and enjoying it. Man he had us younger blokes in first grade that switched on and pumped i felt sorry for our weaker opposition when we would blow em off the park. A simple good fella who gives a dam about all aspects of your life not just winning and collecting pay cheque.
Hmmm seems like you've changed your tune a bit from the start.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because i played under dean u think now i have to suck him off like the rest of u retarts that cant see his flaws or dont want to acknowledge them. Dean was a good country coach with his star pulling power. I thought after lots more experience he would be ready for nrl......but his not
So fuck off jean. Ive would love to play a game against all the wanna be nufties on this forum.
Wanna be nuftie sounds an apt description for yourself.

How many Test and Origin players have you played alongside?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I will always cheer for a win. But lets be honest panthers played like rubbish too.
They played as good as we let them play with our defence. Problem is we don't do that every week.