News Superstar Kalyn Ponga chasing four-year $6 million deal at Knights

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be there way of saying pay it now or in November we look around,nrl players are so dumb/greedy not like the nfl where players take unders to win comps and keep a good team together
True but them taking 'unders' for a year is still probably what a top NRL player makes in their whole career :tearsofjoy:

A

Alexander the Great

He will be with us or Mitchell. I would prefer Ponga tbh.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I thought in Origin, Munster looked much more dangerous than Ponga did.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ponga's agent is kidding himself Ponga is good player but there's 2 better fullbacks in the comp then him and for that type of money you'd want someone like Joey or JT who can win games by themselves.

On the other hand I love that Newcastle's cap is already shot and this will blow it apart.
Never forget what nathN brown said about us as his attitude haha shit castle

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can certainly break a game open , I think he’s surrounded by a shit Team , but 1.5? Yeah na. Haha hopefully the knights get fucked and sign him for that. We are a real possibility of finishing higher then Klemmers knights I literally can’t stand that fuck wit anymore , knights became my most hated team because of Pearce Klemmer and Nathan Brown

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bye bye ponga, you have signed your own exit papers from the nrl, that's what you wanted now its looks like it's going to happen, better hope your plan B has cash first

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just to put it into perspective - with that money you could get a Tommy Turbo plus a half decent/upcoming centre (think Xerri, Marsters etc).

No player, in my opinion, is worth 15% of your cap... yet.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck em all and there big dollars.
Leave dallin at fullback
Bring in semi radradra, xerri, manu, maybe even ramien or scott, and another decent half. Spend the money wiser for a bigger, faster more balanced skillful backline.
Ive watched lachlan coote and darius boyd amoung others playing fullback in grand finals recently.
Warriors have best fullback in comp look at them.
I just think if dallin will stay and play there for 600 to 700, i would much rather that and attract semi and xerri to be our left hand combination.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck em all and there big dollars.
Leave dallin at fullback
Bring in semi radradra, xerri, manu, maybe even ramien or scott, and another decent half. Spend the money wiser for a bigger, faster more balanced skillful backline.
Ive watched lachlan coote and darius boyd amoung others playing fullback in grand finals recently.
Warriors have best fullback in comp look at them.
I just think if dallin will stay and play there for 600 to 700, i would much rather that and attract semi and xerri to be our left hand combination.
As much as I agree - the one GLARING and continuous issue we have had for the last 4 years - is the need of a genuinely good hooker.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I agree - the one GLARING and continuous issue we have had for the last 4 years - is the need of a genuinely good hooker.
Definitely, having an established genuine hooker would change our side so much. At the end of the day it's up to them to get the ball rolling in our sets.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes i agree and another prop. I was trying to focus on the backline. Unless its tedesco or turbo or rts i dont believe ponga is a million dollar fullback yet.
We could have an oustanding balanced backline like roosters if our fullback is pretty handy and much much cheaper.
Say keep dallin and buy keary instead or something along those lines.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greedy unit isn't he. I'd struggle to justify that kind of money for any player. It's just going to mean that any club who pays it will have shit depth.