Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you rather
(Fullback + Winger)
1. Latrell or Trbojevic + DWZ
2. DWZ + Oates, Cotric or Vunivalu

Easy 1 for me
Therefore we should resign DWZ for ~500k so we don't run into issues.
Latrell Mitchell is a left centre. Nothing more nothing less

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For so long we struggled for an answer to the fullback question, Hoppa did ok but this guy is the biz.
Love his fast kick returns, I don't even think he has played his best yet, this guy is gunna be good.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you rather
(Fullback + Winger)
1. Latrell or Trbojevic + DWZ
2. DWZ + Oates, Cotric or Vunivalu

Easy 1 for me
Therefore we should resign DWZ for ~500k so we don't run into issues.
Definitely DWZ at fullback. Latrell is no fullback and Trbojevic plays origin + injury + too expensive. Wing is not very important. I think Okunbor/ Reimis Smith is good to go for a long time coming. Save the cash and spread them evenly among the key positions, upgrading each position. In priority hooker, center, prop. Uncertain of halves.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah, but if we resign him now it'd be like 700k (fullback $). I don't think DWZ is a 700k Winger, more closer to 500k. I really want Trbojevic or Latrell over DWZ Fullback if they're available. This part could get tricky if DWZ isn't going to put in 100% not playing at Fullback (I'm not 100% sure why he left the Panthers, but this was 1 of the reasons brought up).
Yeah true, but if we don’t resign him and miss out on Latrell or turbo then we are left with nothing.
Tricky situation!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d persist with DWZ at fullback he’s getting better... buying a marque fullback and forking out big $$ would then put DWZ on the wing and probably over paid. Chase a centre.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His attitude alone is worth a contract, loves the club and the jersey and has a pretty well rounded skill set, he’ll only get better at FB.The first player we have signed in a long time that is lifting my spirits about the direction of the club.Keep it up DWZ you are giving long suffering fans some hope for the first time in a loooooooong time

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I’m just drooling thinking of that right combination with DWZ, Hoppa and Smith after a full pre season under their belt, mark my words they will be the best right side attack in the comp in 2020.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m just drooling thinking of that right combination with DWZ, Hoppa and Smith after a full pre season under their belt, mark my words they will be the best right side attack in the comp in 2020.
So right. DWZ has the lot. Whats exciting about him is he has only just recently joined our team and already were all talking about him because his giving us what we like on the field. And yes as you said he will get a lot better from here once he has worked those combos

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely DWZ at fullback. Latrell is no fullback and Trbojevic plays origin + injury + too expensive. Wing is not very important. I think Okunbor/ Reimis Smith is good to go for a long time coming. Save the cash and spread them evenly among the key positions, upgrading each position. In priority hooker, center, prop. Uncertain of halves.
Go hard for Oates. He's still not tied up and then that might entice Mitchell for 2021. Imagine
1. Dwz
2. Oates
3. Mitchell
4. Tbc
5. Smith

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Hoppa is too slow stifles the attack

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the Aus v NZ game at Suncorp when Hunt debuted for Australia after turning his back on NZ, one of the bravest performances I have seen, ran back a million miles an hour and the NZ forwards were hammering him but he kept coming back - even harder.

Had enormous amount of respect for the way he played the game since.

DWZ in a very similar mould...
Yeah he ran back hard

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go hard for Oates. He's still not tied up and then that might entice Mitchell for 2021. Imagine
1. Dwz
2. Oates
3. Mitchell
4. Tbc
5. Smith
Oates would have to be signed for next year which would mean we miss out on Ramien, Koroisau or both. I'm not sure how much $ we have in the Salary cap to spend next year. Oates would cost about 700k, Ramien 500k and Koroisau 400k (Sea Eagles chipping in, potentially 500k)

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok at the end of next year, chuck him a 5 year deal. We need his leadership skills

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
not sure of the reason why DWZ departed from the Riff..but he seems to have the skills and ethic required to lead the rebuild taking place @ Belmore.

A

Alexander the Great

The only reason why I watch the games now. Best thing since sliced bread.