Opinion This time last year after 20 rounds

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This time last year we had won 5 after 20 rounds
This year after 20 rounds we have won 6 after 20
Discuss how you think were going to change this next year. The clear problem is that we haven't been able to win the important games early on in the season, how will this change under another season of pay.
Couple of top signings might help but will it be enough?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Discuss how you think were going to change this next year. The clear problem is that we haven't been able to win the important games early on in the season, how will this change under another season of pay.
How are we supposed to sign anyone with no cap space? We're going to be much the same as this year.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple key fundamentals didn’t change from last year. Lichaa (not and attacking hooker). Recurring injuries to a marquee player. This alone halted team improvement. A few key signings will help next year. But realistically need more key signings in 2021 before being competitive

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How are we supposed to sign anyone with no cap space? We're going to be much the same as this year.
We have Stimson coming, DWZ with a off season of training and hopefully a couple more signings. If one of those signings is a decent hooker like Api then we are definitely a better team then what we ran out with in round 1 this year. I’m not sure it’s good enough for finals but I doubt we will be in dire straights like the past 2 seasons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another thing about next year is never underestimate the improvement a player suddenly gets when they are off contract and we have a bunch of them...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm expecting slightly better next year. DWZ by himself is lifting the playing group. We have Stimson coming in who's very solid. The majority of this year we were struggling with who to play in the Second Row and Lock positions. This is going to be sorted next season with Stimson coming in. I think Elliott is very valuable of the bench for 30 minutes. If we're able to get Ramien and Koroisau over the line then our squad will look a lot better on paper - we'll finally have our Centre problem fixed. I'm expecting to finish ~12th if we get those 2 signings done. 2021's the big one for me, when I think we should be competitive to make the 8.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Change it lol.. you know that answer better than Anyone mate.. you along with myself and others have that answer..

#Payout, it’s also on your profile heading :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Change it lol.. you know that answer better than Anyone mate.. you along with myself and others have that answer..

#Payout
Lol yes but I’m asking the question to people who think otherwise if you know what I mean

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol yes but I’m asking the question to people who think otherwise if you know what I mean
Good work haha mind you with dwz going great Guns an cogger stepping up his game.. we might get a few more wins... even with PAY :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we actually have a really favorable run home also .. should at least be able to get 3 out of 5.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we may be 2 points better off at this time of the season .. but our points for and points against is far more worse this year.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it will 7 wins next year YES!!
Things are looking up!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pick the halves and stick with them. As much as I like Foran he leaves our team without cohesion due to injury.
Cogger and Lewis need to play as much as possible together. When Foran is fit tho he "has" to play because of his price tag. Foran likes playing on the left so I'd assume Lewis is the one to drop out. I sort of hope there is something in the Foran shopping around story. Even tho we'd have to pay ~700k towards the deal...

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have Stimson coming, DWZ with a off season of training and hopefully a couple more signings. If one of those signings is a decent hooker like Api then we are definitely a better team then what we ran out with in round 1 this year. I’m not sure it’s good enough for finals but I doubt we will be in dire straights like the past 2 seasons.
Totally agree.i think the worst is behind us.if we can land a good hooker,a good centre,we will be much stronger next year.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
The squad Pay had in 2018 was clearly better however were ruined by Desball. The team only started to perform when mass changes were made.

The 2019 squad plays a more attractive style of football however has a terrible roster. They have fought hard and are slowly getting better.

Being realistic we will probably win 10 games next year. Miss the finals again prob come 10th to 12th.

2021 things will really start to shift

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t argue that Pay isn’t consistent . Will take him 5 years to crack double digit wins in a single season.

Anyone seen any improvement in any of our players under the guidance of Pay in the last 2 seasons?