Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if the Roidsters are after him does that mean they'll move Latrell to stand off next year?

In my overly excitable mind I'm thinking this is a sign they've lost Manu or Latrell.

Most likely they keep them all and no one in the media bats an eyelid.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if the Roidsters are after him does that mean they'll move Latrell to stand off next year?

In my overly excitable mind I'm thinking this is a sign they've lost Manu or Latrell.

Most likely they keep them all and no one in the media bats an eyelid.
Agree. No way in hell they keep their squad and add Ramien.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to SBW supposedly signing with us for next year?
That rumor kinda died down..

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would much rather Xerri tbh. Xerri and Manu would be the dream if we could get them as gun centers , I feel Latrell is to risky and would take up to much salary cap. Ramien seems risky as well but an upgrade for sure.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While Ramien is an aggressive and talented centre who also has a physical presence I wouldn't be trying to lure him with a ridiculous offer or get into a bidding war for his services. Key signings will continue to happen if not under this coach then the next in 2021.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/9113809abed9bf466d74309b6e2928f8

Six clubs in shootout for dumped star Jesse Ramien

The Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm have reportedly both registered their interest in signing dumped centre Jesse Ramien.
The Knights star is being forced to sit out the rest of the 2019 season after being told by coach Nathan Brown he did not need to bother showing up for their next training session last week after a falling out between the pair.
Ramien has no shortage of clubs chasing his signature, but a report from Fox Sports’ James Hooper claims the two teams in the competition are right in the mix to bolster their already stacked rosters.
Hooper told Triple M on Sunday the Roosters and Storm have contacted Ramien’s representatives and are in the six-way fight alongside the Bulldogs, Tigers, Sharks and Cowboys.
“I don’t believe Jesse Ramien will have any problems finding a club for next year, in fact I can tell you he has about half a dozen joints lining up trying to get him there for next season,” he said.
“The Roosters have made an inquiry, and I stress it’s only an inquiry.”
NRL legend Mark Geyer responded to the report by advising Ramien to move to the Storm to turn his career around under coach Craig Bellamy after a disappointing season with the Knights.
Geyer said Ramien should even take a pay cut to make the move to the Storm.
He said Ramien would be a bargain for the Storm if the club is able to sign him to a deal worth around $300,000 per season.
However, the Storm responded to the report by claiming they are not in the market for Ramien and are not actively chasing a new centre.
“Contrary to reports in the media, Storm is not chasing the signature of Jesse Ramien,” Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said in a statement released by the club.
“We are well stocked with quality centres.”
Meanwhile, Brown has denied any fallout with Ramien, saying: “sometimes it just doesn’t work out”.
Brown confirmed Ramien was no longer training with the playing group after being given permission on Thursday to negotiate with rivals teams. The decision came just days after Ramien was one of four players dropped for this week’s crucial clash with Manly, sparking reports of a fallout with Brown.
“Jesse Ramien hasn’t had a fallout with the coach,” Brown said on Friday. “(He) hasn’t had a fallout with the team or playing group. It’s not because he hates steak and eggs or whatever everyone wants to say.
“The reality is I made a decision with two-three other very key people in the club that Jesse isn’t happy with our football club so it’s in his best interest not to be here.
“And it’s in our best interests for Jesse not to be here.”
Brown described Ramien as a “decent, young kid”, and said he’d be surprised if the 22-year-old criticised the club over his short-lived stint in the Hunter.
The former Cronulla three-quarter was trumpeted as a star of the future when he arrived at the Knights last year on a two-year deal.
Asked if Ramien would continue training with the team, given there were six games left in the regular season, Brown said: “No, he’s finished up.”
Yet, Brown maintained there was nothing sinister in Ramien’s likely exit. “It just didn’t work out. Player’s happiness has got to be at the top of the tree because that’s when people play their best,” he said.
“We’ll move on from that.”

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So I’d say it’s us tigers sharks and cowboys fighting for him realistically.

Hopefully he won’t go to cowboys due to his kid being in newy.

Leaves 3.

I can’t see sharks being able to with the cap punishment for cheating unless someone stupidly takes Dugan of their hands.

Tigers are also in the shit unless Reynolds is picked up by someone (doubt it he’s on 3x his worth now Days) or matulino is medically retired. No one will take packer for his $ either. Those blokes are like us trying to get someone to take Foran, not worth paying a club 700k for him to play elsewhere.

I hope we throw mega $ at manu or even good $ at cotric or latrell, though a fair amount for Curtis Scott or Xerri and Raimen would be ideal too.

Fucking any of these to replace holland and Fucking Montoya for good please

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fucking storm and rorters are fucking cheating the cap surely, how is it even possible that everytime a descent player is up for grabs the C***s always have space in their salary cap to make a bid ffs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/9113809abed9bf466d74309b6e2928f8

“The reality is I made a decision with two-three other very key people in the club that Jesse isn’t happy with our football club so it’s in his best interest not to be here.
“And it’s in our best interests for Jesse not to be here.”
Brown described Ramien as a “decent, young kid”, and said he’d be surprised if the 22-year-old criticised the club over his short-lived stint in the Hunter.
The former Cronulla three-quarter was trumpeted as a star of the future when he arrived at the Knights last year on a two-year deal.
Asked if Ramien would continue training with the team, given there were six games left in the regular season, Brown said: “No, he’s finished up.”
Yet, Brown maintained there was nothing sinister in Ramien’s likely exit. “It just didn’t work out. Player’s happiness has got to be at the top of the tree because that’s when people play their best,” he said.
“We’ll move on from that.”
Yep because if he actually got some ball it would mean ego boy Ponga wouldn't be the absolute focus of attention in a club that has plenty of big egos pulling on their jersey....

and a coach who now believes he is the ultimate expert in the game.....

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
IMG_2276.JPG
Just seen this on that ckarkeys page, if you look closely it has a potential line up with ramien and Mitchell at 6, Mitchell comments on it saying yes up for it, Mitchell a 6?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And the worst part is I love it how rothfield was almost defending the roosters suggesting they could find the room in their cap.

Goes to show how powerful the media influence is.
It proves how powerful Politis is!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
None of you pansies would be whingeing if the Dogs had a powerful Politis figure

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What people have to understand is that we are in talks with multiple players at the moment, BUT it's all about getting a player for the right price. It's called value for money.
We have been burnt many times in the past for paying overs for players not even worth half the amount we gave them. If there is one positive with this board and administration is that they will not be taken for a ride regarding paying overs for anyone. I actually like this approach. Success = salary cap management, it's all about getting the best players for a given cap limit coupled with our own development. This I believe if mastered correctly is the key to success. Mark Hughes returning to the club as recruitment manager should hold us in good stead for years to come. No doubt the fruits of this will start to show over the next 12-18 months on the field.

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What people have to understand is that we are in talks with multiple players at the moment, BUT it's all about getting a player for the right price. It's called value for money.
We have been burnt many times in the past for paying overs for players not even worth half the amount we gave them. If there is one positive with this board and administration is that they will not be taken for a ride regarding paying overs for anyone. I actually like this approach. Success = salary cap management, it's all about getting the best players for a given cap limit coupled with our own development. This I believe if mastered correctly is the key to success. Mark Hughes returning to the club as recruitment manager should hold us in good stead for years to come. No doubt the fruits of this will start to show over the next 12-18 months on the field.
Yh but sometimes you have to pay overs for good players to come especially in our position, with that mentality of not paying a bit of overs we might not get anyone