Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The players said they no longer wanted to play alongside Ramien, who was whingeing about not getting enough football and that he deserved more money, while he was often late for training.

"He was just a negative influence in the place," a senior Knights source told Wide World of Sports. "It was a big call by Brownie but the senior players left him in no doubt that it was the right one."
Was he not getting enough football? Yup. He’s been starved of possession in many games

He wanted more money? Well if reports are true, as the no.1 centre getting $250k...probably entitled to be a bit aggrieved (but wingeing to teammates is not ideal)

Often late to training? I don’t believe it, never been anything about disciplinary action against him by the club...unless the Knights are really easy on this sort of transgression

Malla

Reaction score
Was he not getting enough football? Yup. He’s been starved of possession in many games

He wanted more money? Well if reports are true, as the no.1 centre getting $250k...probably entitled to be a bit aggrieved (but wingeing to teammates is not ideal)

Often late to training? I don’t believe it, never been anything about disciplinary action against him by the club...unless the Knights are really easy on this sort of transgression
I feel that Ramien was being treated as the scapegoat. Bet ya Browny thought if he took a stance and set an example out of Ramien he should it would lead to a positive response from his playing group but it went the other way.

Brown is well beyond his depth as a first grade coach and the way he has handled this clearly shows it.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to sign Ramien and Korisou. Currently we have 2 reserve grade sides. Although you need depth, we need to offload fringe NRL players and replace with our best from 20s and the couple of marque signings. Means nothing in the end winning Canterbury Cup.
I feel that Ramien was being treated as the scapegoat. Bet ya Browny thought if he took a stance and set an example out of Ramien he should it would lead to a positive response from his playing group but it went the other way.

Brown is well beyond his depth as a first grade coach and the way he has handled this clearly shows it.

Malla

Reaction score
Hooper reporting today on Fox that Roosters, Sharks, Storm and Cowboys out of the race.

So that leaves Bulldogs and Tigers (Apparently).

Whats the bet he ends up at another team not even mentioned lol

Last edited:

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hooper reporting today on Fox that Roosters, Sharks, Storm and Cowboys out of the race.

But the Tigpies have Moses !!!

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol how r the Tigers in play, when they're trying to desperately offload Reynolds, Matulino and Packer?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Are sharks out of the race, I thought they wanted him and he was keen to go there

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Storm have confirmed themselves they aren’t interested.

On fox sports internet hopper said roosters have made a call but can’t see how they fit him in. I call bs.

Sharks have said they are interested but working on cap.

I’d say it’s us or sharks if someone is stupid enough to take Dugan.

Malla

Reaction score
Storm have confirmed themselves they aren’t interested.

On fox sports internet hopper said roosters have made a call but can’t see how they fit him in. I call bs.

Sharks have said they are interested but working on cap.

I’d say it’s us or sharks if someone is stupid enough to take Dugan.
Why can I see a world where we take Dugan lol jesus imagine this happens

Malla

Reaction score
Lol how r the Tigers in play, when they're trying to desperately offload Reynolds, Matulino and Packer?
Feels like their name popped up out of thin air lol Hooper must be on the turps again

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why can I see a world where we take Dugan lol jesus imagine this happens
Surely we aren’t that Fucking stupid.

He’s not worth a third of his current wage.

The reality is we owe the sharks alright. We should be going for Xerri hard to repay the kind way they played hard ball with Woods. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad he’s gone as he’s shit but sharks held out for us to pay as much as possible for him.

Don’t touch anyone to help them. Go hard at Xerri

Malla

Reaction score
Surely we aren’t that Fucking stupid.

He’s not worth a third of his current wage.

The reality is we owe the sharks alright. We should be going for Xerri hard to repay the kind way they played hard ball with Woods. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad he’s gone as he’s shit but sharks held out for us to pay as much as possible for him.

Don’t touch anyone to help them. Go hard at Xerri
Agree. When is Xerri off contract?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ramien has been with 3 clubs in 3 years..

Walked out on manly in 2016, debuted with sharks 2017, signed with knights in 2018 and walks out on knights in 2019...

Hmmmm

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ramien has been with 3 clubs in 3 years..

Walked out on manly in 2016, debuted with sharks 2017, signed with knights in 2018 and walks out on knights in 2019...

Hmmmm
Sounds like he has some baggage/issues/ego problems.

Hopefully, IF we really are looking at him genuinely, we are doing some solid due diligence...

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only way bulldogs can sign someone decent is by the Steven Bradbury theory where other clubs pull out by not having enough in their cap..
The same happened with DWZ when he was going to the Tigers until they couldn't move any players to fit him in and we were the only ones left.