Opinion The Bulldogs keep fighting unlike some of the fans

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been called moron and accused of sucking pays dick for supporting the team this year. The article might upset people who are ready to burn Belmore to the ground because their opinions differ from those of the coach and club. But it's hardly as harsh as the lambasting that many fans on here have given to others who are supporting the club through a tough period.

The old board and coach created a mess. The new board were expected to fix it overnight judging from the many critics on here. MacGyver is busy with his roll of duct tape and pocket knife. So miraculous fixes weren't on the cards. We'll just have to be a little more patient. Not fun as a fan. But when we get through this tough period, the success will feel far more meaningful.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of the fans should be disgusted the way they have treated Pay.

Certain elements of our fans have no right to be supporting our club.

The good fans have put up with it for way to long.
I have a feeling that there are a couple of people on The Kennel, who are here simply to destroy the work being done by the club.
The arguments they supply are simply rubbish and should be treated as such.
The constant references to "the Andersons" really highlights the agenda these people have.
They should just settle down and accept the fact that the current board will be here long term.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling that there are a couple of people on The Kennel, who are here simply to destroy the work being done by the club.
The arguments they supply are simply rubbish and should be treated as such.
The constant references to "the Andersons" really highlights the agenda these people have.
They should just settle down and accept the fact that the current board will be here long term.
Wanting the best for your club is your definition of destroying the work being done by the club

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Wanting the best for your club is your definition of destroying the work being done by the club
We all want the best. However suggesting it’s pot luck when we win and it’s all Pays fault when we lose is an embarrassment.

There’s an element of our fan base that have embarrassed this club for years.

Anyone remember the bulldog army days? Assaulting innocent families??

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I've been called moron and accused of sucking pays dick for supporting the team this year. The article might upset people who are ready to burn Belmore to the ground because their opinions differ from those of the coach and club. But it's hardly as harsh as the lambasting that many fans on here have given to others who are supporting the club through a tough period.

The old board and coach created a mess. The new board were expected to fix it overnight judging from the many critics on here. MacGyver is busy with his roll of duct tape and pocket knife. So miraculous fixes weren't on the cards. We'll just have to be a little more patient. Not fun as a fan. But when we get through this tough period, the success will feel far more meaningful.
So well said, The level of bitching on this forum is sickening.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure we all want the best. And the present administration is doing it's utmost to make that happen.
The constant harping and negative comments only hold back any chance of a bright future.
As someone said...If you have nothing good to say...just say nothing..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im neither here nor there on this article and I can see both sides of the argument .. both sides with really valid points..
Im still torn whether the club is headed in the right direction or not.. but I guess time will tell.

one thing is for certain, some of the behavior around here is pretty average at times, regardless of which side you are on.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

you should not talk with your mouth full,it's bad manners.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
"Nobody calls out the weaknesses in both attack and defence more than I, however the contextual reasons for the tough period that Canterbury is currently experiencing should never be forgotten."

https://www.stuartthomas.com.au/dean-pays-dogs-keep-fighting-in-spite-of-some-cynical-fans/
I don't actually hate the club and I realise that decisions by the previous board are having a flow-on effect for us and will continue to affect us in 2020 - 2021 though is when the club will be liberated from the salary-cap choke that we're currently experiencing.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Every supporter in every sport share their frustrations and criticisms. But this tosser has to point the finger at the Bulldogs when we have not gone anywhere near as far as other supporters. IMAG4983.jpeg

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking Hasler fucked us backended deals no investment in junior development fuck hopeless cleal as a talent scout the previous board giving Hasler free reign backward steps all the way now moving forward baby steps at a time wouldn’t have happened bullfrog days never ever

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what’s funny is it seems like the activity on the kennel seems lower than usual lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the article was written without the parts about the fans it might have been half decent.

As a fan, someone who cares about the club, I have the right to feel upset about the last few years and what has happened. And as a fan if you feel happy about the last few years and are willing to accept the way things are you also have the right to feel that way.

Both sides shouldn't insist their opinion on others.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
players come and go... as do coaches... and administrators... and journalists... the only long term loyal people in the game are the fans

fans that watched a premiership winning team's vital organs lost to bitter rivals during the Super League War... fans that saw poor management overpay for a side that could have been salary cap compliant in 2002 and have the season wiped out and the taint of cheating forever associated with the club... fans that remained loyal in the wake of unfounded sexual assault allegations in 2004 that could not get past the Director of Public Prosecutions to prosecute but not before the Police, the game, rivals such as Lockyer, and rival fans defamed everything Bulldogs related and for years afterwards (eg. muckrakers like Rebecca Wilson)… fans that watched SBW play the victim, refer to himself as cattle, insinuate that Steve Folkes was a racist, Dr Hugh Hazard a liar, and literally run away in the middle of the night and then be lectured by the likes of Matty Johns to just get over it - and a f*%# you too... fans that watched a generational squad of players that could have dominated for years in 2004 (seriously, look at the names and ages of our 2004 squad) systematically taken apart thru inept management, a far too restrictive salary cap and rivals looking to revitalise their own clubs and now have to hear about war chests and the game having to step in to keep local boys with their local clubs regardless of their own cap restraints... fans lambasted by talking heads about the behaviour of their players on a Mad Monday celebration but who then turn a blind eye to serious misdemeanours by rival players

a serious question... how many NRL fans have gone thru similar trials as 'Dogs fans in more recent times? Cronulla maybe... anyone else?

and yet, we are still here... do not confuse demanding with disloyal
Yes my friend. remember all you wrote about just a little too clearly

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheering your team just to avoid the wooden spoon is a big change from cheering them to win a final or Gf, even though we've had a shit season beating the Panthers on Saturday night proved the team is capable of competing at a top level but also this team has been underperforming on and off all year, and just because you bag out players or the coach doesn't mean your not a true blue supporter.
The team showed heart and put their bodies on the line on the weekend and it showed by winning, they should do this every week and win or lose us supporters will applaud them for doing their best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bulldogs are on our way back because we won our 6th game of the season? We shouldn't be applauding and celebrating one win as the second coming of Christ and every fan here should be allowed to be outraged at the teams performance as of late (Several years as of late)

We're the fucking Bulldogs, that used to actually mean something. Now all it means is we celebrate that we might not get the wooden spoon are we the new old Rabbitohs or Parramatta? Let the fans be outraged, I feel we'll reach two decades easily at this rate between premierships and even then I have no faith.

This team and its coach has killed my passion to support this club worse then any of our other shit years in history combined. NRL is no longer enjoyable, so I can see why fans are turning their backs on the team they've tried to support for so long.
A perfect example of the unrealistic attitudes, sense of entitlement and tunnel vision of a large chunk of our fan base..... look at our roster..... look at our salary cap position.....look at the fact we have a player like Foran chewing up huge chunks of our salary cap and sitting on the sidelines..... then look at who is at fault for most of these problems. Here’s a clue, it isn’t the current coach and board.

The reality is we have a very inexperienced roster, we’re not in a position to do much about that until the end of next year and we are still competing most weeks and beating some teams we shouldn’t be beating.

Some of you need to learn to cool your jets and to try being patient snd realistic for a change.

We just had a good win and we still have some members who are presumably grown adults throwing tantrums.... lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cheering your team just to avoid the wooden spoon is a big change from cheering them to win a final or Gf, even though we've had a shit season beating the Panthers on Saturday night proved the team is capable of competing at a top level but also this team has been underperforming on and off all year, and just because you bag out players or the coach doesn't mean your not a true blue supporter.
The team showed heart and put their bodies on the line on the weekend and it showed by winning, they should do this every week and win or lose us supporters will applaud them for doing their best.
They do their best every week. They are inexperienced. Inconsistency comes with a lack of experience. It’s a straight forward reality of life.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good article. Raises some uncomfortable truths, but the discomfort they cause doesn’t make them any less true.