What's up with Pay's Game Plan at Hooker?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dean Pay has a gameplan. Everyone does. Seriously.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He probs playing him so that he gets seen and not forgotten by other clubs so that he can sign a contract for another club next year..

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good point I’m still not sold on pay but I admit I’m slightly thawing but in reality what’s turned things is the arrival of dwz

Totally agree we have a "better" player joining us .. we will improve with better signings .. but in the meantime we should cherish the wins and expect the losses .. as better teams than us are experiencing .. Broncos, Dragons even the Roosters lost 3 in a row .. the panthers and the knights were both tipped to be top 8 and the Sharks with all their talent are blaming injuries and a young squad .. we have very inexperienced squad that will be very inconsistent . in saying that i too dont fully understand the team selection week in week out but im not privy to training and attitude of the players .

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tell that to the titans Board and St George supporters, one who has sacked their coach for a guy we supposedly approached to sound out about replacing Pay and another whose fans are screaming for change after a much shorter period of poor performances.

Not trying to get into a fight, we are also just stating our opinion.
true but comparing the Dragons roster with our own they should be way better placed than we should be and the titans on paper have a better roster than us so not surprisingly they sacked their coach .

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seriously? We just had a great win and you have to try get some pathetic little troll of Pay in.

Pay will be our long term coach you people need to deal with that. He has the boys United and playing for one another. With the worst squad he is getting wins and improvement from them. Rated very highly by Bellamy as well. However old Bflopben would know better
Fuck Dean pay

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I think Pay is trying to support Lichaa in giving him some game time to get another contract elsewhere from next year. If he is in reserves it won't help his cause. Maybe just a bit of good will from Pay otherwise yes it doesn't make sense.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I think Pay is trying to support Lichaa in giving him some game time to get another contract elsewhere from next year. If he is in reserves it won't help his cause. Maybe just a bit of good will from Pay otherwise yes it doesn't make sense.
It actually makes perfect sense. Manly did the same thing with Api and Fainu this week.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously? We just had a great win and you have to try get some pathetic little troll of Pay in.

Pay will be our long term coach you people need to deal with that. He has the boys United and playing for one another. With the worst squad he is getting wins and improvement from them. Rated very highly by Bellamy as well. However old Bflopben would know better
Jesus, settle down princess. I won't bother going back and forth with you when you just attack without provocation. And you question my age???

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the choice between the two unfavourable options, I would just go for LICHAA. JMK shown little creativity or vision in his play. ( don't think it is in his fabric). The space would be better utilised with someone else, who is in plans for 2020 & onwards.

Malla

Reaction score
Noticed the team song Lichaa was singing half assed. The flog is probably upset he didn't play many minutes and that's Lichaa in a nut shell. Cares more about himself than the team. Bucket ass flop

Malla

Reaction score
With the choice between the two unfavourable options, I would just go for LICHAA. JMK shown little creativity or vision in his play. ( don't think it is in his fabric). The space would be better utilised with someone else, who is in plans for 2020 & onwards.
yeah it's like choosing the best looking turd lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaas a decent defender. I guess pay thinks he can absorb the early rounds before bringing JMK on, who is much more creative.
I’d like JMK to play the full 80, but maybe he can’t ?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're giving Pay far too much credit implying that there's a gameplan.

Lichaa should be dropped completely and JMK should play the full 80. The team looks better every time Lichaa comes off.
IMO, I have no doubt the dummy half is the most important position on the field in the modern game.
If you have a look at Meaney's try, the only reason we scored was the bullet like pass from JMK to Cogger, this quick bullet like pass was the reason Cogger had time to assess the defensive line and throw a nice cut out pass which led to the try.
It all starts from the dummy half.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t mind it Lichaa takes the early hits and once the sting goes out JMK comes on and goes the distance. I prefer it to earlier in the year when Lichaa came for the last 20.
I agree. Jackson touched on this during the interview you posted too. Seems to be working.
Although Jackson did say we have two skillfulful hookers..........Scratches head. Crickets chirp.........

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

The only troll in this conversation is you champ.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[QUOs="hackenbush, post: 3595917, member: 25946"]With the choice between the two unfavourable options, I would just go for LICHAA. JMK shown little creativity or vision in his play. ( don't think it is in his fabric). The space would be better utilised with someone else, who is in plans for 2020 & onwards.[/QUOTE]

Umm. Lichaa is maybe good for one or two 10m dummy half runs on a good day. Much prefer JMK who can pass beyond his shadow. Lichaa struggles to spread the ball further than that and doesn't pass it until the defence is close to whoever he's throwing his hospital pass to. JMK has also made quite a few decent line breaks in his debut year at hooker. He seems like a far better option as a long term investment since he's still showing improvement.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He just texted me and he says he's not quite sure. He's asking for any tips.....

I'll be sure to pass on the messages.