Opinion The Bulldogs keep fighting unlike some of the fans

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs are on our way back because we won our 6th game of the season? We shouldn't be applauding and celebrating one win as the second coming of Christ and every fan here should be allowed to be outraged at the teams performance as of late (Several years as of late)

We're the fucking Bulldogs, that used to actually mean something. Now all it means is we celebrate that we might not get the wooden spoon are we the new old Rabbitohs or Parramatta? Let the fans be outraged, I feel we'll reach two decades easily at this rate between premierships and even then I have no faith.

This team and its coach has killed my passion to support this club worse then any of our other shit years in history combined. NRL is no longer enjoyable, so I can see why fans are turning their backs on the team they've tried to support for so long.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more... It is what it is... But it shouldn't be the case.
It's the mismanagement that has pissed most people off. Backended contracts, dumb signings and some questionable decisions by pay.
As a long time fan I guess we just aren't used to missing the finals 3 years in a row and doubting if we can win. As fans I think we should be patient but we can also vent and have a whinge.
Through adversity comes strength.
Go the doggies!!!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
players come and go... as do coaches... and administrators... and journalists... the only long term loyal people in the game are the fans

fans that watched a premiership winning team's vital organs lost to bitter rivals during the Super League War... fans that saw poor management overpay for a side that could have been salary cap compliant in 2002 and have the season wiped out and the taint of cheating forever associated with the club... fans that remained loyal in the wake of unfounded sexual assault allegations in 2004 that could not get past the Director of Public Prosecutions to prosecute but not before the Police, the game, rivals such as Lockyer, and rival fans defamed everything Bulldogs related and for years afterwards (eg. muckrakers like Rebecca Wilson)… fans that watched SBW play the victim, refer to himself as cattle, insinuate that Steve Folkes was a racist, Dr Hugh Hazard a liar, and literally run away in the middle of the night and then be lectured by the likes of Matty Johns to just get over it - and a f*%# you too... fans that watched a generational squad of players that could have dominated for years in 2004 (seriously, look at the names and ages of our 2004 squad) systematically taken apart thru inept management, a far too restrictive salary cap and rivals looking to revitalise their own clubs and now have to hear about war chests and the game having to step in to keep local boys with their local clubs regardless of their own cap restraints... fans lambasted by talking heads about the behaviour of their players on a Mad Monday celebration but who then turn a blind eye to serious misdemeanours by rival players

a serious question... how many NRL fans have gone thru similar trials as 'Dogs fans in more recent times? Cronulla maybe... anyone else?

and yet, we are still here... do not confuse demanding with disloyal

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at this .!!!!! We won a fucking game, and so we bloody should be, but to hype up one win (which was deserved,great effort) it’s still absolutely atrocious at bulldogs HQ..!!!

Yes we have won a few game, we had a gritty win, the boys dug in an we can be proud of those efforts !!

However it’s not WHAT we are fuming about, it’s the ridiculous decision making by both coach an board, and the fact they can’t get shit done when it matters..!! We are the mighty bulldogs and we have not seen.. or should not have to get used to the last few years of the utter crap that’s been dished up!!

We are all passionate supporters of this GREAT club, and we deserve better...until the correct decisions are made, and we are finally out of this dark period!! then I will keep having the same opinion..!!

#PAYOUT
#PAYOUT
#PAYOUT

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Lol at this .!!!!! We won a fucking game, and so we bloody should be, but to hype up one win (which was deserved,great effort) it’s still absolutely atrocious at bulldogs HQ..!!!

Yes we have won a few game, we had a gritty win, the boys dug in an we can be proud of those efforts !!

However it’s not WHAT we are fuming about, it’s the ridiculous decision making by both coach an board, and the fact they can’t get shit done when it matters..!! We are the mighty bulldogs and we have not seen.. or should not have to get used to the last few years of the utter crap that’s been dished up!!

We are all passionate supporters of this GREAT club, and we deserve better...until the correct decisions are made, and we are finally out of this dark period!! then I will keep having the same opinion..!!

#PAYOUT
#PAYOUT
#PAYOUT
What type of shit to get done do you suggest?

We have a injury prone has been taking up about 10% of our salary cap.

We have cleared the books for the most part of be on the open market to bring players in within 2 years and with that, we've seen some good young players developing nicely + we have brought in DWZ who is a class player.

Overall if you look at our roster compared to Dragons or Cowboys, they should be top 8. We've done extremely well to be where we are. In terms of getting shit done - I think there's not much else to be done lol.

As for the coach, somewhat agree. There's a few selections that are absolute shit such as Elliot getting repeat opportunities in first grade as an absolute shit house player.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will always cheer for a win. But lets be honest panthers played like rubbish too.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Laurie Daley said if there’s one team you can’t keep down it’s the dogs , for be team we’ve got we need to be proud it’s building character I know it’s frustrating but the win on the weekend was the best all year so gutsy . Very proud fan right here

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What type of shit to get done do you suggest?

We have a injury prone has been taking up about 10% of our salary cap.

We have cleared the books for the most part of be on the open market to bring players in within 2 years and with that, we've seen some good young players developing nicely + we have brought in DWZ who is a class player.

Overall if you look at our roster compared to Dragons or Cowboys, they should be top 8. We've done extremely well to be where we are. In terms of getting shit done - I think there's not much else to be done lol.

As for the coach, somewhat agree. There's a few selections that are absolute shit such as Elliot getting repeat opportunities in first grade as an absolute shit house player.
Yup DWZ has been great , cogger developing nicely also, will agree with that, the players are a different story, we have much bigger problems lol, we all know this ain’t true bulldogs. Something’s a miss and apart from dean, once I see positive things happening from the board and club then of corse I will be all for it an Jump aboard the train so to speak!!

Malla

Reaction score
Yup DWZ has been great , cogger developing nicely also, will agree with that, the players are a different story, we have much bigger problems lol, we all know this ain’t true bulldogs. Something’s a miss and apart from dean, once I see positive things happening from the board and club then of corse I will be all for it an Jump aboard the train so to speak!!
100% but I think most of the board and Pays role has been cleaning up Des and Dibs shit. We got rid of the Morris boys, fucked Mbye off, let Reynolds go however offered him a mid-tier salary which is what he deserved. Let James Graham go as he was passed it (although I wanted him to stay here). If not for these moves, we probably would have got stuck with the same team for the next 4-5 years.

It's disappointing that this doesn't get played out more in the media but it is what it is.

In saying all the above, if we don't sign a franchise player over in 2021 then all this is wasted effort and the board has failed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100% but I think most of the board and Pays role has been cleaning up Des and Dibs shit. We got rid of the Morris boys, fucked Mbye off, let Reynolds go however offered him a mid-tier salary which is what he deserved. Let James Graham go as he was passed it (although I wanted him to stay here). If not for these moves, we probably would have got stuck with the same team for the next 4-5 years.

It's disappointing that this doesn't get played out more in the media but it is what it is.

In saying all the above, if we don't sign a franchise player over in 2021 then all this is wasted effort and the board has failed.
Agree mate, I just want to see us back an Better an if things turn around then of corse I will get behind the board, as far ad des goes yes he left us in a mess. As far as pay goes I want him out an always will.. just my two cents but very Strong on that an wont change my mind.!!

Malla

Reaction score
Agree mate, I just want to see us back an Better an if things turn around then of corse I will get behind the board, as far ad des goes yes he left us in a mess. As far as pay goes I want him out an always will.. just my two cents but very Strong on that an wont change my mind.!!
We'll be there soon. Am confident of it.

Pay is definitely not a coach that is going to take us to the finals but it's a waste of time having anyone else here. Hopefully Flanno is a real possibility the year after.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in this position for a number of reasons. I would say that recruitment and retention at this club has been abysmal for the last decade. We had a generation of players coming through the grades from 2010-2014 which masked how bad it was. We’ve lost representative level players and rarely are they replaced with players of equivalent talent level

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
players come and go... as do coaches... and administrators... and journalists... the only long term loyal people in the game are the fans

fans that watched a premiership winning team's vital organs lost to bitter rivals during the Super League War... fans that saw poor management overpay for a side that could have been salary cap compliant in 2002 and have the season wiped out and the taint of cheating forever associated with the club... fans that remained loyal in the wake of unfounded sexual assault allegations in 2004 that could not get past the Director of Public Prosecutions to prosecute but not before the Police, the game, rivals such as Lockyer, and rival fans defamed everything Bulldogs related and for years afterwards (eg. muckrakers like Rebecca Wilson)… fans that watched SBW play the victim, refer to himself as cattle, insinuate that Steve Folkes was a racist, Dr Hugh Hazard a liar, and literally run away in the middle of the night and then be lectured by the likes of Matty Johns to just get over it - and a f*%# you too... fans that watched a generational squad of players that could have dominated for years in 2004 (seriously, look at the names and ages of our 2004 squad) systematically taken apart thru inept management, a far too restrictive salary cap and rivals looking to revitalise their own clubs and now have to hear about war chests and the game having to step in to keep local boys with their local clubs regardless of their own cap restraints... fans lambasted by talking heads about the behaviour of their players on a Mad Monday celebration but who then turn a blind eye to serious misdemeanours by rival players

a serious question... how many NRL fans have gone thru similar trials as 'Dogs fans in more recent times? Cronulla maybe... anyone else?

and yet, we are still here... do not confuse demanding with disloyal
That is a great post mate! We've endured enough crap over the last 15+ years.

I too have had enough, but I will always love my doggies no matter what.

It all starts at the top. Do not blame Des, or our over paid players, or even Pay(these guys are only employees who have been assigned a job to do, whether they do it well or not)

It's the Board and administration which have gotton it wrong for many many years.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Some of the fans should be disgusted the way they have treated Pay.

Certain elements of our fans have no right to be supporting our club.

The good fans have put up with it for way to long.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the fans should be disgusted the way they have treated Pay.

Certain elements of our fans have no right to be supporting our club.

The good fans have put up with it for way to long.
How have they treated him badly ?
And what have the so called good fans had to put up with ?
Cmon mrs pay when u inviting us all around for a cuppa ?
Treated him badly.
So fans that have a different opinion on how they think the club could be stronger and better. (The same thing our coach wants.) Are bad fans if they disagree.
Are u suggesting being a fan u have to cheer and pretend nothing is wrong when our team is flat out winning a game ?

U have only been on here a short time i see. If u find ridiculing the coach disgusting. The first thing i learnt was your on the wrong forum probably bud. So get used to it.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
How have they treated him badly ?
And what have the so called good fans had to put up with ?
Cmon mrs pay when u inviting us all around for a cuppa ?
Treated him badly.
So fans that have a different opinion on how they think the club could be stronger and better. (The same thing our coach wants.) Are bad fans if they disagree.
Are u suggesting being a fan u have to cheer and pretend nothing is wrong when our team is flat out winning a game ?

U have only been on here a short time i see. If u find ridiculing the coach disgusting. The first thing i learnt was your on the wrong forum probably bud. So get used to it.
I made this forum what it is

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can imagine reading that as a non-bulldogs fan and you would say, "Yeah that makes sense, this bloke has it figured out".

I find it completely a washed though from an invested Bulldog fan's perspective and pretty much just a click bait article. You have done yourself no service sir. You wrote it from a clinical stand point providing all the necessary excuses we have heard all season long and for the past 5 or 6 seasons. We played a good gritty game, I stood there while you guys faltered, I am better than you! The one thing you missed was what matters the most, it's the fans who make this sport as big as it is and without them we would still be in the park.

You have not taken one single point from what the fans have gone through following these events, just condemned them. I know for a fact that on here most of the criticisms have not been aimed at simply winning or losing but more the head space and effort that has been shown. We did it against Penrith, awesome. Most have known that we could do it all along and that is what we have been asking about. Regardless of our situation this team, club, coach and Board have underachieved and have not shown the values of what it is to be Bulldogs....and proud of it. It has been the self inflicted crap that has fired and lost fans. The fans largely aren't stupid and we knew/know that times were going to be hard but that does no excuse some of the idiotic decisions made especially this season with regards to the team selections and favourites.

Good for you sir, you put up an article turning on your fellow supporters, your famous. Anyone could have written that by copy, paste, rearrange from any of the 1000 articles in the last 5 years. We played a game (which I thoroughly enjoyed) showing what use to be the minimum expectation of our teams. I too hope we are on the up but I fully acknowledge our supporters and the mental torture our own club has self inflicted on it's own fanbase without apology. Our fan's, who are still around have followed and are still following considering all the BS and whatever stance they take is there own to decide and not for you to belittle from your glass house. Peace.

Last edited: