Official Steve Mortimer Statement

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer has issued the following statement regarding his future on the Bulldogs Football Club Board:

“It is my intention to step down from the Board of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club in February of next year at the conclusion of my current term as a Director. My reason for doing this is wanting to spend more time with my family. In recent times I have stepped down from a number of administrative positions to allow me to lessen my workload and give me more time to be around my family. I also have a business that I need to devote time to.

I have absolutely no issues with any current Board members. Chris Anderson and I have won a Premiership together and we continue working together today to get the best results for our football team. That will never change.

It is my intention to stay on the Canterbury League Club Board at the current time and continue to act as an ambassador for the club that I love and want to see get back to the top of the ladder.”

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/08/04/steve-mortimer-statement/

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My favorite player of all time.
His form in the 1979 finals was amazing.
Also spoken to him a few times, very nice man.
Given his all to the club as a player and administrator. He deserves to go out on his terms and relax with his family.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes have met the man myself too here in Brissie. Nice bloke, wish him all the best.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Appreciate everything Turvey has done for the club in various capacities, he'll continue to be involved which is good.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer has issued the following statement regarding his future on the Bulldogs Football Club Board:

“It is my intention to step down from the Board of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club in February of next year at the conclusion of my current term as a Director. My reason for doing this is wanting to spend more time with my family. In recent times I have stepped down from a number of administrative positions to allow me to lessen my workload and give me more time to be around my family. I also have a business that I need to devote time to.

I have absolutely no issues with any current Board members. Chris Anderson and I have won a Premiership together and we continue working together today to get the best results for our football team. That will never change.

It is my intention to stay on the Canterbury League Club Board at the current time and continue to act as an ambassador for the club that I love and want to see get back to the top of the ladder.”

Steve Mortimer you are to be saluted for the time and effort you put into not only playing for the dogs but in administration also and your loyalty to the bulldogs is second to none which is far more than certain people have contributed over the years apart from play politics for their own self egos.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good on Turvey for calling BS on Rothfield, wish others in our club would also shoot down Weidler with all the obvious attempts to destabilize us with all his mistruths

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did he throw in the whole Anderson thing? Lol
Rothfield wrote a story saying he is leaving because he fell out with Anderson this morning.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rothfield wrote a story saying he is leaving because he fell out with Anderson this morning.
Yeah ended up reading the article... Said that a tad prematurely.

Probably true anyway... Steve probably had a thing with Lynne anyway.. Lol

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
My favorite player of all time.
His form in the 1979 finals was amazing.
Also spoken to him a few times, very nice man.
Agree great cover defence of Steve Morris during losing grand final will never be forgotten.

Simply put Turvey & Baa were once in a lifetime half’s for the Dogs.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rothfield is a hack and a Cheatulla supporter and shouldn't be allowed to mention Turveys name let alone make bullshit up to sell his rag...Fuck off Buzz.

Turvey is on the same step as Dr George and Lamby.
Bloody Legend Bulldog

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will we see peponis dib or Dunn try run ? How does it work?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Will we see peponis dib or Dunn try run ? How does it work?
Peponis got run out of town, he won't be back.
Doesn't Dunn support Lynne Anderson?
Dib must stay away his performance in 2017 was a disaster for the club.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This isn't at all directed at @Spoonman84

How the fuck would Rummy Cockfield know about what goes on behind the scenes at the club?

Any contacts he once had would be well and truly gone by now. Just making more shit up day by day whilst search for the penultimate goon bag

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sources tell me that Phil grotfield is a lying maggot c#nt..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This isn't at all directed at @Spoonman84

How the fuck would Rummy Cockfield know about what goes on behind the scenes at the club?

Any contacts he once had would be well and truly gone by now. Just making more shit up day by day whilst search for the penultimate goon bag
He probably still gets second hand info from the former board members who still have a brother on the Leagues Club board. Rothfield was a hardcore Dib supporter because he got feed scoops before anyone else and it’s a big reason the club leaked so much. He has a massive agenda against the board and club.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He probably still gets second hand info from the former board members who still have a brother on the Leagues Club board. Rothfield was a hardcore Dib supporter because he got feed scoops before anyone else and it’s a big reason the club leaked so much. He has a massive agenda against the board and club.
And just like most of his articles, printing utter crap hoping to destabilise the current board and cause friction among supporters. I think the only reason why still has a job as a journo is he's so ancient no one can get rid of him

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

GUCK THE DT AND ALL OF THE MEDIA HACKS OUT THERE!!!