• yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • no

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was notthe worst offence I have seen, (however I have seen players sin binned for less, such as Tolman in the same match) nor did it cause any damage to Smith, or change momentum to the game. However, in my opinion he reached out with his leg to slow momentum when there was a chance of us making a break in broken play. This signals deliberate intent, and therefore, in my opinion, deserves a sin bin. But it wasn't even picked up until several plays afterwards.
What do you think?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was a professional foul while we were playing advantage on an error. The problem was the referee missed it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a professional foul while we were playing advantage on an error. The problem was the referee missed it.
I agree. We won anyway but it's just another example of referees and touch judges missing crucial calls or making wrong decisions. I fail to see how 4 officials missed a blatant trip though. Very poor.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the josh Reynolds special and he never got sin binned for his many many trips so fair to not but how we didn’t get a penalty for it

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I only was able to watch a bit of this. Did see Him put on report but they also kept the ball after being out on report didn’t they?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I only was able to watch a bit of this. Did see Him put on report but they also kept the ball after being out on report didn’t they?
The bunker informed the referee after play resumed that he missed the trip and needed to put Maloney on report during the next stoppage (something like that).

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bunker informed the referee after play resumed that he missed the trip and needed to put Maloney on report during the next stoppage (something like that).
Oh ok thanks mate. As I said all I saw was him put on report and still had the ball. Cheers

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had the ball, but the trip was missed and only later put on report. We didn't receive a penalty, nor was he sin binned he should have been.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They missed a lot last night and I noticed that Cummins had to take over and award penalties in lieu of his co -official Sharpe . She had a great debut game but was ordinary last night. Had no authority in the ruck area and Maloney took advantage to the nth degree. The very first set of the game she marked around five metres not ten and allowed Panthers to stand offside all night.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had the ball, but the trip was missed and only later put on report. We didn't receive a penalty, nor was he sin binned he should have been.
That was a completely ridiculous situation...if a player is put on report, even retrospectively because the onfield guys missed it and it was picked up off field a penalty should also be awarded. Pathetic that the scrum was set and the Panthers escaped any sort of punishment.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. We won anyway but it's just another example of referees and touch judges missing crucial calls or making wrong decisions. I fail to see how 4 officials missed a blatant trip though. Very poor.
Let me put it this way...they missed nothing for us but missed a few against the Panthers.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair I don't know or really care if it was a penalty. Refs be reffing.
What I want to know is how many times the dogs have kicked off to start the game this season.
Has anybody noticed that we seem to do it EVERY week?
Obviously just an anomaly but would be interested to find out the stats for it.
Mr I?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Different Tolman was in goal Maloney wasn’t enjoy the win
I am enjoying the win, and I'm just posing a question to members of a forum. I'm not up in arms about it, I'm simply asking if others agree.

Malla

Reaction score
This league does my head in.

They'll sin bin for competing for the ball or hitting a half 1 second too late but won't do anything for a blatant trip lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was notthe worst offence I have seen, (however I have seen players sin binned for less, such as Tolman in the same match) nor did it cause any damage to Smith, or change momentum to the game. However, in my opinion he reached out with his leg to slow momentum when there was a chance of us making a break in broken play. This signals deliberate intent, and therefore, in my opinion, deserves a sin bin. But it wasn't even picked up until several plays afterwards.
What do you think?
Different rules for different players or teams:rage: