Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Before someone starts talking about Jesse Ramien. He’s a ball hog, let’s lock in a hooker first as priority because of limited funds before thinking about centres.
Nasheed.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Before someone starts talking about Jesse Ramien. He’s a ball hog, let’s lock in a hooker first as priority because of limited funds before thinking about centres.
Nasheed.
You need game changers. And he could be one. Be a good test of how well pay develops players getting someone like him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You need game changers. And he could be one. Be a good test of how well pay develops players getting someone like him.
We dont have alot of cash. We can afford ne semi marquee only, and if this manly coconut is as god as some here say, should be him.

That is assuming #Darrylclark2021 doesnt take off. Nasheed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We dont have alot of cash. We can afford ne semi marquee only, and if this manly coconut is as god as some here say, should be him.

That is assuming #Darrylclark2021 doesnt take off. Nasheed.
Daryl Clark should have came over here years ago, was better than Hodgson before he made it in the NRL... Joey Lussick has been great over there this year for Salford and would be a cheap alternative to anyone in the NRL.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before we sign players we need better/new scouts and transfer managers.

Look at Canberra and what they've done just through proper scouting. Cause we all know Ricky is not a coaching great, but the club has a solid scouting system! Yearly they have new players as potential "buys of the season". That's not luck. That's proper management.

It all starts from there. I'll give you another example, Juventus football club (my soccer team). We were struggling for years until 2 keys changes took place. The head scout and transfer manager were changed! Two guys where brought in that had transformed a lower tier club into a somewhat top team. Since then all the signings have been key and smart selections but not flashy and hype based (bar the recent ones since the transfer manager left lol)

Result? 8 domestic titles in a row! Did the coach's actually do anything? Meh, not really! I mean yes they were smarter than #PayOut but still... it's all in the underlying structure and clearly ours is fucked for a while!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We must punt him to build on nxt year, hoppa to go fulfalo to go, lichaa gone and whoever nxt, recruit Ramien, esesse, and maybe Reynolds, number 1 prioty is mc innes from the saints build a club around him,

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We must punt him to build on nxt year, hoppa to go fulfalo to go, lichaa gone and whoever nxt, recruit Ramien, esesse, and maybe Reynolds, number 1 prioty is mc innes from the saints build a club around him,
Foran.. And Pay as well? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa is doing great I'm happy for him to stay at this point and focus on other areas. For example imagine an unselfish Hopoate playing left centre with semi Radradra outside him. Ramien on the right to partner Smith also

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So, if you had your way we'd get rid of one of our most consistent and dangerous backs, chase mcinnes (who would never leave the dragons) sign Reynolds, Lindsey Collins, Kane evans and who the hell else knows.

Yeah, that totally sounds like a great idea :yum:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are stuck with Foran for another year. If he’s on $1.2m next year and we offer $500k still nobody is going to take him at $700k. Why would you get rid of Hoppa?? He’s the least of our worries... we barely have an interchange bench at the moment.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading reports that Ramien is very close to John Morris and all his ex sharks team mates it seems they will do just about anything to get him back in. My gut feel is they will push Dugan out and we are probably the only club with $$ available. Definitely not my first choice but if sharks tip a generous amount in... would you take him?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sure he can play good. But between injuries and origin, you would only see him play about 2/3 of the season in a good year. For the money he would cost (even with a discount at first) he may not be the best we can do for the money. Would he make the difference 2 x $500k players would? I dont think so.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa is doing great I'm happy for him to stay at this point and focus on other areas. For example imagine an unselfish Hopoate playing left centre with semi Radradra outside him. Ramien on the right to partner Smith also
Your dreaming get off the drugs