Credit to Deano

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Credit to the Panthers for having an overrated half by the name of Nathan Cleary. How he is rated an elite half is beyond me.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit to the Panthers for having an overrated half by the name of Nathan Cleary. How he is rated an elite half is beyond me.
Dean Pay gave that rating

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have the worst squad in the NRL and he is getting huge improvement from the team. Lewis and CHN in particular.

Deano will lead us to another premiership
Improvement from Lewis? I’ve got one blue and one white eye and I reckon Lewis’ game hasn’t progressed at all, not necessarily blaming Dean for that, I just don’t think he’s much good.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have the worst squad in the NRL and he is getting huge improvement from the team. Lewis and CHN in particular.

Deano will lead us to another premiership
Lewis was terrible with the ball in hand.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wish all these negative fans would stop telling the world we have the worst squad in the NRL. It's so negative. Think of the coach and players.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here, he deserves another go.
lol at our cap and our marquee never playing.
Look at the way we unite.
Look at the way we adapt to our opposition.
Look at the way he rectifies his mistakes quickly with selection.

He’s not great but he’s not bad either. Middle of the road coach. Could get us into the top 4 with a squad he chooses. Nasheed.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
They said the manly squad was bad before the start of the year. Deanos a good bloke but as far as nrl coaching goes, hes on struggle street

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence so much better without wingers & centres rushing up out wide then getting caught short

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here, he deserves another go.
lol at our cap and our marquee never playing.
Look at the way we unite.
Look at the way we adapt to our opposition.
Look at the way he rectifies his mistakes quickly with selection.

He’s not great but he’s not bad either. Middle of the road coach. Could get us into the top 4 with a squad he chooses. Nasheed.
Me Ditkovich here, and I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if we make it to the top 4 next year, especially as there will be more new recruits coming next year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ATM Pay has been very average, I don’t think he is a proper first grade coach as much as I would have loved for him to succeed.

It can be argued though that he did walk into a train wreck of a footy club with cap troubles and an inexperienced squad, I’ll give him that much. Only time will tell if he lasts. He will be starting 2020 as head coach

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course he deserves some credit, whatever we lack in attacking finesse he has them tackling and thats where it starts.
No matter what happens with the team in the future we gotta have this attitude.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger looked good on the highlights - his passing and his try was real class.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you consider the efforts and performances across the clubs grades there is improvement. The signing of dwz was the best signing in a number of years. Low starting base but some encouragement.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From the outside looking in ...

Been a huge critic of Pay, and I think rightly so as we really hadn't improved at all with the team seemingly very disjointed and lacking direction. That really can't be argued, so I think Pay has deserved all of the stick given to him. The buck stops with the coach. Fullstop. So with the team playing all over the shop he was the man responsible. Do a few wins change this? No. I think he and the team needs to show more consistency to be seen as a long-term coach of our team.

However, we have to call it as it is and he's been getting results. We can talk about the opposition as much as we like, but the team has been winning and just when things are going badly we should look at the coach at the same time when things are going well we should give him credit. GOod for him.

Is he the coach to take us forward .... based on what's happened so far, definitely not but I'm happy to see the team finally improving and players finally showing a little more spirit. He deserves credit or at least some for that.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ATM Pay has been very average, I don’t think he is a proper first grade coach as much as I would have loved for him to succeed.

It can be argued though that he did walk into a train wreck of a footy club with cap troubles and an inexperienced squad, I’ll give him that much. Only time will tell if he lasts. He will be starting 2020 as head coach
We were blinded by our last 6 games last season when we won 4 of our last 6 or something, do we really want to go down that road again, and last year he had a better squad and we had won only 4 out of our first 19 games last year, how can we possibly have pay start the season again next season after being so unreliable and previous failures, at the moment there’s no justification.
If we make some top signings, it will help the situation a bit but you have to be weary about pay getting the best out of them, I’m only talking sense, it doesn’t bother me if people don’t agree

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we add Ramien and maybe Api and get a healthy Foz next year who knows what could be.. The team as a whole played well, good game plan also.. Maybe CA is pulling a few strings in the game plan?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
From the outside looking in ...

Been a huge critic of Pay, and I think rightly so as we really hadn't improved at all with the team seemingly very disjointed and lacking direction. That really can't be argued, so I think Pay has deserved all of the stick given to him. The buck stops with the coach. Fullstop. So with the team playing all over the shop he was the man responsible. Do a few wins change this? No. I think he and the team needs to show more consistency to be seen as a long-term coach of our team.

However, we have to call it as it is and he's been getting results. We can talk about the opposition as much as we like, but the team has been winning and just when things are going badly we should look at the coach at the same time when things are going well we should give him credit. GOod for him.

Is he the coach to take us forward .... based on what's happened so far, definitely not but I'm happy to see the team finally improving and players finally showing a little more spirit. He deserves credit or at least some for that.
Agree, when we manage to string together 3 or 4 performances like this, then I would argue he has actually gotten somewhere with this team. At the moment, though two seasons he has failed to convince me, one unexpected win doesn't change anything.

Our expectiations of this team have skewed so low.