Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL 2019: Gorden Tallis lashes out at Jesse Ramien after release
WRITTEN BYNATHAN WILLIAMSON
LEAGUE
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
LEAGUE

Former Broncos and Queensland enforcer Gorden Tallis has lashed out at departing Knights centre Jesse Raimen after he was granted permission to leave the club.

Raimen announced his intentions to leave the club on Thursday after a falling out with coach Nathan Brown led to his demotion from first grade.

"The Newcastle Knights have granted Jesse Ramien permission to negotiate with other clubs," the statement said.

MORE: Newcastle Knights to show more stars the door after Jesse Ramien axing

"The decision this week to drop Ramien from the NRL side prompted discussions for the centre to find a new home.

This decision has angered the former Australian representative, who called out Ramien for running away from the challenge presented by Brown.

"I feel sorry for our fans a little bit in that sense, that we play a tough sport and it's been going around for a long time and you challenge some person and they walk away from it"
Gorden Tallis on Thursday Night League

Live on Fox League 502

"When he was playing at the Sharks I thought wow, this guy is going to go to Newcastle and get some quality ball...the sky's the limit," Tallis said on the Fox League pre-game show on Thursday night.

"But he looks to be heavier, he had his opportunities against the Roosters, he's dropping balls, he just doesn't look happy,

"For some reason, I think he's getting pushed, he's getting tested and doesn't want to be there."

Tallis then turned his attention to the younger generation coming through the game, who he believes lack the fortitude and toughness to face up to the challenges presented by their coaches.

"These young guys, the game needs to toughen up, when the coach tells you something, you just have to do go and do it," Tallis explained.

"I'm over them going 'I want to get out of here' because the coach is challenging you, everyone wants a challenge in life, they're playing the greatest game of all

"The coach tells them to pull their finger out and start having a go and making their tackles and stop letting their team down, and all of a sudden they pull the cord and they want out

"I feel sorry for our fans a little bit in that sense, that we play a tough sport and it's been going around for a long time and you challenge some person and they walk away from it"
Hahaha is this the same Gordon Tallis that spat the dummy at the Dragons and sat out a season?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gordon Tallis is entitled to his point of view, but it's a little bit rich coming from a guy who sat out the year after ditching the Dragons to go to the Broncos.
I agree with what his saying but coming from him is a joke thats for sure

Last edited:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer them a Kia stinger each a metro fuel card ,Chinese meal at the leagues club ,and chicken wing dings from M&J for a year and they signed

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Koroisau has been named to start for Manly against Knights today.

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish.

Lichaa has been here since 2015 and has had the likes ok Klemmer, Graham, Kasiano, Pritchard, Lane who were always getting over your advantage line.

Add to that Morris Bros, Perrett and Rona, the kid couldnt of asked for more from his team mates.

No one has been given more time and shots than Lichaa. Time to move on
Actually habib he was coached to play the way he did by Messiah Hasler. He hasn’t started to run until Dean Pay arrived.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would target fainuu and cust from manly....both crafty young players

Need to fix the spine first before splurging on other positions

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would target fainuu and cust from manly....both crafty young players

Need to fix the spine first before splurging on other positions
Not getting Fainu. Just locked him up and Koroisau is the one they're going to offload.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What the fuck...

Develop ? He’s had like 5 years of shit and you want 2 more??? Fuck no.

No lichaa no Levi.

Agree jmk is fringe. Ok from bench
I would prefer 2 years of lichaa than.spend 600k on api for next year when next year is a right off as well. 2021 is the year we recruit but 2022 we have a few developed plus more recruits, no use wasting 600 on api.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay the master coach
Build him a statue at Belmore when we sign these guys

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Koroisau for 1 season (if we could get him for $400k or less, maybe 2). I don't see him as our No 1 dummy half when we've got cash for 2021 though. Ramien is a better long term option as a young strike centre with some aggression.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Koroisau for 1 season (if we could get him for $400k or less, maybe 2). I don't see him as our No 1 dummy half when we've got cash for 2021 though. Ramien is a better long term option as a young strike centre with some aggression.
He has 2 seasons left on his contract so it'd have to be at least 2 seasons. I think 2-3 is what would happen if we signed him. I think we could sign Ramien for up to 5 years if we wanted.