News Pay confirms interest in api and Raimen

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How are our relationships going with all these player managers? Rebuilding confidence in the club.

That's the key to these signings we need.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He has no vision and never engages the markers. Every run he makes is telegraphed and he has decided to run before the ball is even played. It’s not like he has seen no one at marker then decided to run. He just lacks any attacking flair it was his downfall in the halves and it’s a problem at hooker too. To his credit he does tackle and his service is up to standard but we just need more then that from a hooker these days.
100% agree with that. You can't teach the hooker role. Yes guys like Watson can play it on and off but he is in for his speed. No ability to create around the ruck. Lichaa has that ability but lacks the ability to run. Lichaa is a throw back 9, if he losses a few kg's he can continue to develop. Spend his off season working with Farrar or bedsie. Api for 600k no thanx. Lichaa on 300k for 2 more yrs maybe. He is still our best option with brown or king. Brown prob will leave and king will or should be fringe player .

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
100% agree with that. You can't teach the hooker role. Yes guys like Watson can play it on and off but he is in for his speed. No ability to create around the ruck. Lichaa has that ability but lacks the ability to run. Lichaa is a throw back 9, if he losses a few kg's he can continue to develop. Spend his off season working with Farrar or bedsie. Api for 600k no thanx. Lichaa on 300k for 2 more yrs maybe. He is still our best option with brown or king. Brown prob will leave and king will or should be fringe player .
What the fuck...

Develop ? He’s had like 5 years of shit and you want 2 more??? Fuck no.

No lichaa no Levi.

Agree jmk is fringe. Ok from bench

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you not hear Jonathan Thurston in commentary , very critical of him, took the wrong option on nearly every occasion. Time to move on

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are in between a rock and hard place in relation to paying freight on Api because we aren’t the only club interested in him. Manly are going to be looking for the best deal and he will probably go to the club willing to pick up the most of his contract.
Manly don’t have a say. API doesn’t have to go anywhere. It’s his decision.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly don’t have a say. API doesn’t have to go anywhere. It’s his decision.
Manly definitely have a say because it’s obvious he wants to leave if he’s negotiating....

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good thing about coming last every year is that the current players can't sook and complain when we talk publicly about replacing them with better players. They've all had their chance.

Blame the coach as much as you want (Which I have too lol), but the players gotta cop some criticism too. Realisticly we could wipe this squad from scratch and we'd be in no worse situation than we are already.
There has to be some players this year that are taped on the shoulder.
Fualolo
Holland
Rfm
Lichaa
Sue
Crichton
Elliot
Lewis
This list hear alone would be taking up how much of our cap? Buy api and Ramien and also ese’ese. The others I wouldn’t replace just promote from juniors.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I blame it on Cameron Smith for setting such high standards :tonguewink:
And on Hasler for for losing Damien Cook :rage:

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Levi is a huge upgrade on what we currently have. Has played for New Zealand and is very fast. Needs decent forwards though that can get him on the front foot.

He certainly isn’t shit like all the dumb fuck habeebs on here are suggesting.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Manly definitely have a say because it’s obvious he wants to leave if he’s negotiating....
Yea, but he doesn’t have to go, where manly negotiate the best deal for themselves. In fact they’re probably not even at the table, his manager would be doing the negotiating, they will just have the final say on whether the deal is acceptable.
If they refuse to accept the deal he wants, he can just stay and the pressure will be on manly.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the fuck...

Develop ? He’s had like 5 years of shit and you want 2 more??? Fuck no.

No lichaa no Levi.

Agree jmk is fringe. Ok from bench
Yeah I must admit lichaa has made me think oh wow this guy has finally become a hooker, but the dingo is only showing his skills so he can get another baby .. in other words he is playing for a contract

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I must admit lichaa has made me think oh wow this guy has finally become a hooker, but the dingo is only showing his skills so he can get another baby .. in other words he is playing for a contract

Lichaa would be fine at basically any other club if he has forwards that get over the advantage line. Not Aiden Tolman and Chris Smith getting surrender tackles 3-5 times a set

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lichaa would be fine at basically any other club if he has forwards that get over the advantage line. Not Aiden Tolman and Chris Smith getting surrender tackles 3-5 times a set
Absolute rubbish.

Lichaa has been here since 2015 and has had the likes ok Klemmer, Graham, Kasiano, Pritchard, Lane who were always getting over your advantage line.

Add to that Morris Bros, Perrett and Rona, the kid couldnt of asked for more from his team mates.

No one has been given more time and shots than Lichaa. Time to move on

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever Lichaa can do, or what the forwards in front of him do, he simply can't pass a football like a proper first grader let alone a dummy half. Resigning him would be another case of settling for mediocrity.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just LOL,LOL,LOL
I have no agenda but Lichaa is by far and away the WORSE player I have ever seen in my life in context of his position. EVER.
His job is to pass and he'd probably be the worse passer in the team. It's funny when a centre or anyone else jumps into DH they fire passes better than Lichaa.
As a few infamous posters have put it in the past 'Mark my words' Lichaa will NEVER be first choice 9 at ANY club in the NRL again. Everyone laughs at the Dogs for persisting with him. Sooner we lose this absolute flop the better.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2019: Gorden Tallis lashes out at Jesse Ramien after release
WRITTEN BYNATHAN WILLIAMSON
LEAGUE
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
LEAGUE

Former Broncos and Queensland enforcer Gorden Tallis has lashed out at departing Knights centre Jesse Raimen after he was granted permission to leave the club.

Raimen announced his intentions to leave the club on Thursday after a falling out with coach Nathan Brown led to his demotion from first grade.

"The Newcastle Knights have granted Jesse Ramien permission to negotiate with other clubs," the statement said.

MORE: Newcastle Knights to show more stars the door after Jesse Ramien axing

"The decision this week to drop Ramien from the NRL side prompted discussions for the centre to find a new home.

This decision has angered the former Australian representative, who called out Ramien for running away from the challenge presented by Brown.

"I feel sorry for our fans a little bit in that sense, that we play a tough sport and it's been going around for a long time and you challenge some person and they walk away from it"
Gorden Tallis on Thursday Night League

Live on Fox League 502

"When he was playing at the Sharks I thought wow, this guy is going to go to Newcastle and get some quality ball...the sky's the limit," Tallis said on the Fox League pre-game show on Thursday night.

"But he looks to be heavier, he had his opportunities against the Roosters, he's dropping balls, he just doesn't look happy,

"For some reason, I think he's getting pushed, he's getting tested and doesn't want to be there."

Tallis then turned his attention to the younger generation coming through the game, who he believes lack the fortitude and toughness to face up to the challenges presented by their coaches.

"These young guys, the game needs to toughen up, when the coach tells you something, you just have to do go and do it," Tallis explained.

"I'm over them going 'I want to get out of here' because the coach is challenging you, everyone wants a challenge in life, they're playing the greatest game of all

"The coach tells them to pull their finger out and start having a go and making their tackles and stop letting their team down, and all of a sudden they pull the cord and they want out

"I feel sorry for our fans a little bit in that sense, that we play a tough sport and it's been going around for a long time and you challenge some person and they walk away from it"

Attachments