News Pay confirms interest in api and Raimen

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard for Manly to compete with 1.3 and 1.2m offers for Tom and Jake respectively and how could they keep Tom if we offered him 1.5m and his brother 1m? I'm pretty sure offering 300k more then Manly on each player regardless how loyal they're (why have they not resigned already?) will be enough to get them over the line.
It’s pie in the sky stuff though how do you know we will ever offer them that type of cash? I still think they will re-sign at Manly before we can offer them a deal.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s pie in the sky stuff though how do you know we will ever offer them that type of cash? I still think they will re-sign at Manly before we can offer them a deal.
The closer to November it gets the more likely it's going to look. If they're not resigned beforehand we should be going all in.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The closer to November it gets the more likely it's going to look. If they're not resigned beforehand we should be going all in.
True although I wouldn’t be getting your hopes up about them coming to Belmore anytime soon

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
True although I wouldn’t be getting your hopes up about them coming to Belmore anytime soon
Just would be my #1 option (surely everyone's too). There are plenty of other options and combos i'd like too. Just hate/over waiting for the 2021 season to start tbh.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ramien should be the priority.
Not sure about Api. Nothing comes good out of Manly, case in point Foran, Trex, Cleal, Hasler etc

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going another season with pay just doesn't cut it.

Leave jmk alone, the kid is a machine and was getting better and better before he got injured, he started to split the defences at ease
We have invested 2 years into him and it’s around the time it is going to start “Paying” off. Signing API effectively resigns him to cup and I think JMK can be first grade standard consistently. He has the defence and he has pace. Teach him the football part please and you have yourself a good 9.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have invested 2 years into him and it’s around the time it is going to start “Paying” off. Signing API effectively resigns him to cup and I think JMK can be first grade standard consistently. He has the defence and he has pace. Teach him the football part please and you have yourself a good 9.
Teaching the football part is the hardest part. If he hasn’t shown he has it in the last 2 years he’s more then likey never going develop that part of his game.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remind me why we let him go in the first place
Couldn’t tell u exact reason but maybe he had a bit of trouble with court appearances and we were the refugee and Good Samaritan club under raelene castle so we had to let go of him and Marty tapau

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck that. If Manly are playing hardball, then tough luck. Good luck trying to re-sign the Turbos and everyone else with Api eating up that much. We desperately need a hooker but not that badly!

Unless Api is signed for around 400k, he's not worth it considering he's missed nearly 30 games the last two seasons...
He won’t be coming for 400k I can tell u that
My initial info is he’s off to parra and we’ve signed levi
That’s going back 3-4weeks though

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So any club that buys him will be helping manly to free up money in the salary cap and to allow them to offer money to the turbos.....
Bingo!!!
Or he can stay there in 2020 as he does have a contract there
But manly want him gone so they can seal the turbo bros deal early

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teaching the football part is the hardest part. If he hasn’t shown he has it in the last 2 years he’s more then likey never going develop that part of his game.
He is a useful squad player on low salary and worth investing more time in. Players are always developing I would argue even cam Smith.
I’m not saying by any means JMK is the answer but he is definitely not our problem.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Levi... I wish I'd stop seeing him mentioned. Swapping Lichaa for Levi is like swapping smelly, ugly, annoying twin sisters. Either way it's unbearable.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he's going to Parra we should just offer Mahoney a deal

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For any club to pick up Api from manly they will need to pay full freight.
Manly aren’t willing to chip in a cent
I’ve been told he’s on roughly 550-600k a year
Don’t think he’s worth that much now that he’s inj prone
Just my 2 cents
But I know for a fact the only thing stopping him from signing is financial.
If the club is dumb enough to pay Api anywhere near 550-600k then they are dumber then I first thought. Fuck manly they can keep Api if his on 550k. Thats actually music to my ears that his on that much. It makes it harder for them resign all there other good players who I believe are all off contract at the same time.

I believe there young hooker who is far better then Api, the turbo boys, founa blake and Tapau are off contract at the end of next year. Id rather sign 1 or 2 of them then sign Api for 550k. Theres no way Manly can keep all them.

If Api is worth 550-600k then Brandon Smith is worth 800k. Surley if we offer Smith 800k then he will come. Id say Smith is probably top 5 best hookers in the game.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id rather give Welch that 600k than Api 600k.

Didn't know Api is on 600k! Unfortunately with his current injury history over the last 2 years we cant afford to take another big money gamble (Foran)
Welch possible acl in tonight’s game
Doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere anytime soon
He has an option in his favour with melb
But it’s significantly less than parra offer

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unless he can take his daughter with him I can’t see him leaving Sydney
I think sharks tigers or dogs
Tigers would need someone to buy Mbye. There would be nowhere left for him to play. He's already playing a position where he's massively overpaid (he's also out of form). Farah retires, I guess 9 is available, but from what I've heard it's Liddle's spot. Also was an article today that the Sharks are tight on their salary cap. If we can afford 500k in the salary cap for a Centre I think we have a good chance (considering 375k wasn't good enough at the Knights).

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Levi... I wish I'd stop seeing him mentioned. Swapping Lichaa for Levi is like swapping smelly, ugly, annoying twin sisters. Either way it's unbearable.
Made me laugh.

Those twin sisters were at my old school.

Needed to hold your breath when they walked by.