News Holbrook wasn’t going to Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You honestly believe that they flew Hill to England to sign a new coach, and midway through we limp to a couple of ugly wins, so they backflip and rip the contract to shreds? Just

Hill was in England for recruitment purposes and recruitment purposes only. End of story. It’s time to move on.

So i guess we spoke to Jackson Hastings

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sounds like Holbrook only needed to be asked and he would’ve accepted an offer

Great work from Hill to fly over there for a waste of a fkn time

Is he related to Benny Hill?
No not related Benny Hill drove the fastest milk cart in the west. He is too slow to make decisions so not fast at all.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its actually scary the lack of direction we have since the andersons took over
I have this uneasy feeling that the Andersons are keeping the coaching position warm for ex halfback and former coach Kevin Moore son of Peter Moore and brother of Lynne Anderson who is married to Chris Anderson. Maybe its rebuilding the family club or has nepotism gone too far?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have this uneasy feeling that the Andersons are keeping the coaching position warm for ex halfback and former coach Kevin Moore son of Peter Moore and brother of Lynne Anderson who is married to Chris Anderson. Maybe its rebuilding the family club or has nepotism gone too far?
Crack open a bottle of JD and that uneasy feeling will disappear

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I'm afraid I'd again be repeating myself if I respond to you again.

You've been provided with the facts. You're entitled to believe whatever you wanna believe. No skin off my nose.

Maybe you should open a PM conversation with @AlzzBulldog and continue with your Holbrook to the Dogs conspiracy theories.

Enjoy your evening.
lol you are the first prick to whinge when someone gives you a spray but with almost every comment you make in this forum you treat people with contempt and you are a condescending piece of shit........luckily for you being behind a keyboard is a really safe place

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't claim to have much credabilty in equine world, but I am pretty sure there is a big difference between a thouroghbred and an "ass"..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how he states this the day AFTER he signs with the titans
Why not state this when the rumour initially popped up?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
lol you are the first prick to whinge when someone gives you a spray but with almost every comment you make in this forum you treat people with contempt and you are a condescending piece of shit........luckily for you being behind a keyboard is a really safe place
Lol steady on tough guy.

I'm not surprised you're into spear fishing

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny how he states this the day AFTER he signs with the titans
Why not state this when the rumour initially popped up?
So which theory do you think is correct?

*We didnt offer Holbrook a contract
*We went after him then we pulled out.
*The Titans just out bid us..

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It is quite clear Hill went over to suss out some players and their managers.

Holbrook is just a coincidence as he is the actual coach of Luke Thompson at St.Helens who the dogs have been chasing all year.

According to some spastics on the kennel, Hill went over with the contract to sign Holbrook, than the club pulled out after the 2 match winning streak.

So Hill ventures halfway across the world with the contract. Arrives in the UK and has a coffee with Holbrook and starts crunching numbers, terms and conditions. Holbrook agrees and Hill says he will be back again tomorrow again with a fresh new pen.

Hill stays in the UK for a further 13 days just to see how the Dogs games pan out. Dogs win 2 in a row and Hill meets Holbrook for another coffee, and tells him Pay is our man. Thats 2 in a row

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is quite clear Hill went over to suss out some players and their managers.

Holbrook is just a coincidence as he is the actual coach of Luke Thompson at St.Helens who the dogs have been chasing all year.

According to some spastics on the kennel, Hill went over with the contract to sign Holbrook, than the club pulled out after the 2 match winning streak.

So Hill ventures halfway across the world with the contract. Arrives in the UK and has a coffee with Holbrook and starts crunching numbers, terms and conditions. Holbrook agrees and Hill says he will be back again tomorrow again with a fresh new pen.

Hill stays in the UK for a further 13 days just to see how the Dogs games pan out. Dogs win 2 in a row and Hill meets Holbrook for another coffee, and tells him Pay is our man. Thats 2 in a row
So if Hill was over there to Recruit players why was Hill there its not his job.
Isnt it up to the recruitment officer's who get paid do do this!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So if Hill was over there to Recruit players why was Hill there its not his job.
Isnt it up to the recruitment officer's who get paid do do this!
The recruitment officer focus more on players outside of the top 30 from Ccup down to Harold Matthews. It is part of the CEO’s role to negotiate contracts.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The titans actually put a contract Infront of him and told him to sign
So he did

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We won those games due to opposition injuries and Origin disruptions
Usually agree with you, but what origin disruptions
Sharks were Basically full strength and only had graham backing up from origin which was a Sunday game so a week before dogs game
So can’t use that as an excuse
And knights had all there players back up and no disruptions

Now if you said sharks played shithouse, fair enough
Or we only beat knights coz we scored 2 tries while they had 12 men fair enough

But where hardly/ none injuries or origin players out in both games
But we had Foran gone down first half v sharks
No Foran v knights and had to play a young wakeham
So we were affected more than both teams.....

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope not he had his go

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how Holbrook is feeling right now? What a shambles the titans are. You would have thought they would fire up after what's been happening there of late!! Instead they dish up one of their worst ever performances.
I wonder if the Bulldogs actually offered him a contract? And I wonder why he would choose them over us??
In any case, good luck at the titans next year Justin.