News Bulldogs cop another Foran blow

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s Pays fault Castle & Dumbo Habib Dibb crippled our salary cap back ending everyone’s contract?
True true.. 1 question though. At present, who's job is it to improve the players?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True true.. 1 question though. At present, who's job is it to improve the players?
Improve nsw cup standard players....
As I’ve said I don’t think pay the man to take us all the way, but get a look at the rabble roster
Not even Bellamy tak8ng this roster anywhere

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’ve said I don’t think pay the man to take us all the way, but get a look at the rabble roster
Cmon. You honestly think we would have lost games against manly and Canberra reserve grade teams if Bellamy was coach?

Agree to disagree. Roster is not top level but the bloke had used over 30+ players in nearly 2 seasons and not 1 player showing any signs of improvement.

Let's not forget your NSW cup team is made up of a lot of young blokes and this team has been very dominant. Winning last year and very strong this year. Additionally, last year when he promoted a handful of NSW cup players to first grade we went on and blasted Broncos in Brisbane and put 37 nil on the dragons. At this point Phil Gould comments were something like "this comes as no surprise. These reserve grade players thrashed a penrith first grade team in a trial". Those blokes that lifted the team to those wins have lost all their energy and gone completely backwards under pay.

It's madness to think that no player has improved.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's in his interest to do so.
What chance does he think he has of employment with the club post contract, if he doesn't show he's a team player?
Who will hire someone who acts only with their interests in mind?
Des will

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep defending sloppy coaching? It's madness to accept that the team can't play better.

They can be more consistent.

They can all support the ball carrier.

The kick offs can be better.

The bench rotations can be better and replace tiring forwards as needed.

We can try and find a short kick in goal and force a mistake and regain possession.

We can put pressure on last tackle kicks.

We can get the back 3 to start our kick returns off with aggression and some metres (we can't with Meaney and everyone barr Meaney and Pay can see that)

We can get quick play the balls. Hell we'd settle for anything under 5 seconds.

We can develop some set plays to minimise the 3rd, 4th, 5th settlers.

I honestly believe Pay defenders are selling the players and the club short by continually making excuses for a coach who can not coach even the basics of today's game.

Stop turning a blind eye to basic flaws in his coaching.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no matter how hard u flog a nag...it is still a nag. Our roster is complete rubbish. literally only 5 players in our 30 man squad are career nrl players. My beefs with Pay are; persisting with meany on wing, allowing meany to take a kick over Martin when we were ahead. persisting with selecting plods rather than trying out any player who has nrl potential. I dont understand his general play...last week fualalo & Tolman literally killed 8 plays by receiving a ball in their 25 and plodding forward and taking 15 seconds to get up and play it. Also cant understand Napa recruitment given the bloke is proving to be a dud.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to incorporate more garlic sauce into his diet.. that helps with everything

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why do you guys keep defending sloppy coaching? It's madness to accept that the team can't play better.

We can try and find a short kick in goal and force a mistake and regain possession.

We can get the back 3 to start our kick returns off with aggression and some metres (we can't with Meaney and everyone barr Meaney and Pay can see that)

I honestly believe Pay defenders are selling the players and the club short by continually making excuses for a coach who can not coach even the basics of today's game.

Post of the year regarding Pay

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ah obviously illiterate...
Where did I defend pay...
In fact I said he isn’t the coach to take us all the way
And our roster is shit

So you point out where I defend him and I will apologise until then I will assume you can’t read

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolute joke. Retire. Did the club even do a medical before they blew a million off the cap?
Just remember thanks to Einstein Des we are up for another $1.2m for Foran for next year, having been backended. Nobody, not even Manly are willing to take him off us, even if we pay half his freight. No wonder Hill says we must wait till 2021 before being clear of this Hasler/Dibb/Castle mess.
Looking at his injuries since coming to us, how could the NRL possible say he shouldnt be retired as medically unfit.? Also, with the extend of his shoulder and leg injuries over the last 2 years Im thing J Reynolds should also be retired as medically unfit.
In this tight competition it's impossible to compete week in week out if your have a $million player sitting on the sidelines most weeks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ah obviously illiterate...
Where did I defend pay...
In fact I said he isn’t the coach to take us all the way
And our roster is shit

So you point out where I defend him and I will apologise until then I will assume you can’t read
And neither did I "personally" accuse you of defending Pay.

"you guys" is a collective.

Sorry I put my opinion piece tagged onto your post to give you that impression.

Us supporters who are fed up with maintaining this steady as she goes/trust us we know better attitude by people supporting the status quo are getting aggitated and sick of CB Bulldogs being down the bottom.

Posters, with all these differing views, are going to have to be patient and/or let it ride for some time yet. This ain't over for quite a while and no one else is gonna be convincing anyone who feels either way of changing their mind.

There does seem to be a nasty intimidating vibe come over the place lately though all the same and I hope the Mods are aware and can clean it up fairly.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran would get Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) travelling to Germany & would spend more time on the sidelines.

Best to pay for the Dr to travel to Australia.
Foran would get Deep Vein Thrombosis watching a plane take off.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Couldn’t have said it any better mate, #popthechampagne

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guarantee he could get another contract after ours is over. He would be mad to retire in the golden age of halves

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I guarantee he could get another contract after ours is over. He would be mad to retire in the golden age of halves
I could see him going back to Manly, on a very reduced salary for a year or two. I can't see him going to Superleague with how big his wifes family is.