News Holbrook wasn’t going to Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah easy said than done. But let's see how things go next year. If the board is smart they would go after Api and Ramien for next season. Honestly thought Dean Pay was close to getting sacked I don't know what happened unless theres something or someone they have in mind for the top job. You can't be that stupid to stick with Dean Pay.
The someone or something they have in mind is Dean Pay, next year and likely 2021 & 2022.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The someone or something they have in mind is Dean Pay, next year and liekly 2021 & 2022.
That's okay, I like seeing us lose games tbh.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky the PL is starting next weekend

Durie1986

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure someone on the kennel said Api was done and that we tried to get Ramien from the knights as swap deal with Klemmer. I won't be suprised if we get Ramien and Api tbh. I got a gut feeling these guys may be at the club next year.
Unless we pay them with air it won’t happen

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the thumbs down button!??
Geez that is depressing!
I know but the recruitment for 2021 starts in November right? If they plan to change coaches it makes sense to bring the new coach in now.

Holbrook was available they chose to stay with Pay. I guess if a top line coach with proven NRL experience and winning track record becomes available they may move, but I think the board will give Pay more time than TK thinks.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holbrook and Hill had a conversation, but it did not include any offers to coach the Dogs.
Of course Hill and Holbrook discussed Bulldogs coaching.

But Holbrook is a smart enough operator not to throw Hill under the bus. Its just professional courtesy.

If Holbrook confirmed they did speak then it shows that management is publicly looking for Pay's replacement and that goes against the Anderson's message.

I think that we can be grateful that management are trying to source a good coach but won't publicly say anything till its signed on the dotted line.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holbrook was available they chose to stay with Pay.
Its more likely that Holbrook didn't take the Bulldogs offer rather than the other way around.

I guess if a top line coach with proven NRL experience and winning track record becomes available they may move, but I think the board will give Pay more time than TK thinks.
Are you on drugs? We are not in the position to get that. Heck we had ample opportunity to get the likes of Madge and either didn't or passed him by. Same goes for the likes of Toovey. Flanagan would be another but that has an asterix over it.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know. I would like to hear some players spill the beans on the andersons.
Its a players league at the moment. They have very little to be complaining. Getting paid good money to play footy. Even as bad as we thought Des was, we never heard much from the players about him, heck they loved him till the very end.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you on drugs? We are not in the position to get that. Heck we had ample opportunity to get the likes of Madge and either didn't or passed him by. Same goes for the likes of Toovey. Flanagan would be another but that has an asterix over it.
What? and no I'm not on drugs.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No, we went a pursued him and then Lord pay won 2 games and they changed their minds
You honestly believe that they flew Hill to England to sign a new coach, and midway through we limp to a couple of ugly wins, so they backflip and rip the contract to shreds? Just lol.

Hill was in England for recruitment purposes and recruitment purposes only. End of story. It’s time to move on.