Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not saying to’omaga is going to be anything amazing either.

Though more vital Meaney is woeful at wing. He’s been signed at fullback and failed to grab it. Cogger is a 7 and this isn’t his first year in first grade he had games at knights. Never there did he scream out of someone to make nrl first grade his calling.

A prop/forward like to’omaga might kick on, he might cement himself as a solid bench forward.

Cogger and Meaney won’t kick on to star fullbacks or halves. Blind Freddy can see that.

Fuck even our flop of a coach can. He’s moved Meaney, signed dwz (who isn’t a fullback at his prior club) and rightfully played him there.

Cogger wouldn’t of been there if Lewis kicked on (also has shown far more then cogger in his short time in first grade mainly last year) and Foran who can’t stay on the field for half a season.
Look as I said - to make any form of final judgement on these boys at this stage of their development, and within a team with such little class and experience around them - would be narrow minded.

We'll re-visit this in 18-24 months time. I'll stand by the opinion that they'll each develop into quality first graders.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jesse Ramien’s ill-fated stint at Newcastle has not deterred rival teams with a host of Sydney clubs already queuing up to sign the strike centre.

Ramien’s former club Cronulla are keen to lure the 22-year-old back to the Sharks while Canterbury, Wests Tigers and North Queensland have already signalled their interest.

However, the Sharks and Tigers are in a salary cap hole and would need to shed players in order to sign Ramien — but would both be willing to do so to land him.

The Daily Telegraph broke the story on Thursday that Ramien’s stint at Newcastle had come to a dramatic end despite having a year remaining on his contract.

Ramien has the option of playing out the season in the Super League but that is unlikely given he is on full pay at the Knights.

Coach Nathan Brown put an end to months of speculation over his once-prized recruit when he confronted Ramien after training on Wednesday and told him he was free to leave the club immediately.

Ramien accepted the offer and was officially granted permission to negotiate with other clubs. Newcastle players had the day off yesterday but Ramien is not expected at training today.

Knights officials had grown agitated with speculation about Ramien’s future, including suggestions family members had been calling rival clubs on his behalf for 2020.

Brown would not comment when contacted but will front a press conference Friday.

The angst between Ramien and the club had been building for months. While the decision was not personal and there are no suggestions of any off-field wrongdoing by Ramien, quite simply the off-season move wasn’t working.

The tensions began when Ramien was struggling to get into the game as the Knights’ attack failed to ignite at the start of the year. But in recent weeks the Knights have privately questioned Ramien’s desire, including a shocking performance when the Sydney Roosters thumped them 48-10.

It is a dramatic fall from grace for Ramien, who was on the Origin radar 12 months ago after starring for Cronulla.

There was also conjecture about his contract — said to be about $600,000 for two seasons. He could earn about $450,000 on the open market.

Ramien was among four players including Danny Levi, Herman Ese’ese and Jamie Buhrer who Brown axed this week in a bid to save the Knights’ season.

Levi and Ese’ese have also been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs. The pair have spoken with the Bulldogs while Buhrer has been told he is free to move on next year.

After being entrenched in the top eight since round 10, the Knights have slumped to ninth on the competition ladder on the back of a four-match losing streak.

It doesn’t get any easier when they play Manly at Lottoland on Saturday.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/565bfba01a018670300ff0668355e02a
How the fuck can you play like shit and then get a pay rise lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course. And if they sign Api, Ramien and Ese Ese as I said earlier then that would have been a productive recruitment drive on limited resources.

But until that time, until they prove themselves further, it's understandable to feel indifferent and dubious about who will be recruited next. Half the signings have been good and half bad thus far and them making enquiries about Levi is enough to make every fan sceptical.
It’s just encouraging that there’s finally some genuine options on the market that will improve us if we get the deals done. I’m confident we will get a few good signings before pre-season starts. I understand why you’ll be sceptical but I guess it’s just a case of waiting now.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Ramien play left centre? Imagine a side with him and Semi on it. Any half would be able to make that work

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can Ramien play left centre? Imagine a side with him and Semi on it. Any half would be able to make that work
Wouldn't you just move Semi to the right?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look as I said - to make any form of final judgement on these boys at this stage of their development, and within a team with such little class and experience around them - would be narrow minded.

We'll re-visit this in 18-24 months time. I'll stand by the opinion that they'll each develop into quality first graders.
Your entitled to your opinion. Thought the current facts don’t support it and I’d say in 18-24 months it will only be worse for that comment.

I know your very pro this board and coach.

If they sign Api instead of Levi.

Go out and get Raimen and address two of our biggest issues and hopefully bring Esse Esse back then I will say they have done well recruiting with what’s available for 2020. No stars but at least all players who bring something we need and are substantial improvements.

If they sign Levi and miss Raimen and run holland/Montoya and even worse Meaney Crichton (their current recruits) out next year then I don’t think much else needs to be said.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d play semi wherever the fuck he wants. Him and smith would be a dream. Can’t see it. Unless he takes a pay cut till 2021. If he was willing I’d fucking sign him
Immediately.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Semi would be the more expensive player so I guess he would want to go to his preferred side. Either way it’s a pipe dream and I’ll stop expecting positive dogs’ news for a while yet

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he’s really leaving the Knights because he gets no ball from Origin players ...then we aren’t landing him if he watches any of our games and notices Elliott and Tolman burn tackles on 4 and 5 and on the odd occasion we shift to the edge Lewis throws cut out passes to the winger

Plus if we do land him he’s behind the 8 ball match fitness wise as not allowed to play again this year and combined wit Pays penchant to only run his team in half a game trial ...Ramien would be match fit by June 2020

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If he’s really leaving the Knights because he gets no ball from Origin players ...then we aren’t landing him if he watches any of our games and notices Elliott and Tolman burn tackles on 4 and 5 and on the odd occasion we shift to the edge Lewis throws cut out passes to the winger

Plus if we do land him he’s behind the 8 ball match fitness wise as not allowed to play again this year and combined wit Pays penchant to only run his team in half a game trial ...Ramien would be match fit by June 2020
Haha yeah nearly forgot about the one Pay half game pre season trial....ffs.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He will most likely go and join up with a super league team until the end of their season before signing with a NRL team for season 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will most likely go and join up with a super league team until the end of their season before signing with a NRL team for season 2020
He can’t do that either their cut off date was yesterday.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can’t do that either their cut off date was yesterday.
Clubs across all three divisions will have an extra two weeks to add players to their squads after the Rugby Football League made a number of changes to signings and registration deadlines.

Last year the deadline for signing players for the season was July 27, to coincide with the end of the regular campaign and the start of the Super 8s.

With that format scrapped from 2019, the deadline has been pushed out to August 9 across Super League, the Championship and League 1.

The cut-off for dual registration will follow on August 12
, although players who have already made four appearances for a club will be allowed to join them on loan for the rest of the season after that date.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...gby-football-league-signings-deadline-2980569

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What i want to know is where does everyone think we're getting all this money to buy these players for next year...??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clubs across all three divisions will have an extra two weeks to add players to their squads after the Rugby Football League made a number of changes to signings and registration deadlines.

Last year the deadline for signing players for the season was July 27, to coincide with the end of the regular campaign and the start of the Super 8s.

With that format scrapped from 2019, the deadline has been pushed out to August 9 across Super League, the Championship and League 1.

The cut-off for dual registration will follow on August 12
, although players who have already made four appearances for a club will be allowed to join them on loan for the rest of the season after that date.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...gby-football-league-signings-deadline-2980569
Ahh you’re right sorry about that. I heard Brent Read tonight say it on the radio.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What i want to know is where does everyone think we're getting all this money to buy these players for next year...??
We have some cap. We got a few off contract. Though regardless I’d literally give them what we needed in 2021 to make up for it. 2 players getting another 200k in 2021 wont hurt.

Better then LEvi or Lichaa for 2020

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hughes or Papenhuyzen
2. DWZ
3. Ramien
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham

Could live with this backline next season if everyone stays fit. Would keep DWZ at fullback if we could snare Semi Radradra
Sorry but you are drawing a very, very, very ,very very very, long bow hoping Foran stays fit.