Penalty counts won this year

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are we that undisciplined or Refs just hate us?

Gold Coast Titans= 11
South Sydney Rabbitohs= 11
New Zealand Warriors= 11
Parramatta Eels= 11
Brisbane Broncos= 10
North Queensland Cowboys= 10
Wests Tigers= 9
Canberra Raiders= 9
Melbourne Storm= 8
Newcastle Knights= 7
St.George Dragons= 6
Cronulla Sharks= 6
Manly Sea Eagles= 6
Penrith Panthers= 4
Canterbury Bulldogs= 4
Sydney Roosters= 4

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we all know the answer to that. NRL whipping boys.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. The Warriors have won 11 penalty counts and are supposedly angels, and then all of a sudden are the worst behaving team in the NRL for 1 week against the Eels where with 20sec to go were at a losing 9-1 penalty count.

How does that make sense?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No point whinging about losing penalty counts. That just means we are poorly disciplined and must adapt to how the match officials referee the match. There is no correlation between matches won and penalty counts. Look at the Gold Coast, last place with most penalty count won. Look at Sydney Roosters, last in penalty counts won yet they win all their matches. This particular stat is not that important and does not say as much as we think it does.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Look into the eyes of your coach, therein lies the answer. But don't look too hard or else you will soon see the wall behind him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have to try bend/push the rules to try and get somewhat of an advantage. If we just let teams complete their sets without slowing the play the ball down or trying to strip/knock the ball out in tackles we'd just get completely ran over (due to having less talent then other teams). This is why I believe we lose a lot of the penalty counts. Sort of similar to when we have a big defecate and start throwing/moving the ball around (something we should start doing from the start of the game if we'd like to win a few more games, but isn't something we want to rely on in the future).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Standard NRL if you’re in the bottom 8 don’t expect to get the rub of the green.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem is we are week as piss. Forwards that have no impact. We cant get a roll on and resort to dumb footy which often leads to mistakes and WTF did I just witness penalties. Penalty count is the least of our worries and the coach winging about it in after match pressers to mask his short comings is loser talk.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We lose the penalty counts because we get physically dominated in the ruck. We also put opposition defenses under no pressure as our attack is so predictable so there’s no fatigue, meaning they easily get back the 10 meters.

Reactions: DT

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can someone dig up this info for the past 10 years? It seems like we've always lost the penalty counts, or maybe i have always just had my blue and white glasses on

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we that undisciplined or Refs just hate us?

Gold Coast Titans= 11
South Sydney Rabbitohs= 11
New Zealand Warriors= 11
Parramatta Eels= 11
Brisbane Broncos= 10
North Queensland Cowboys= 10
Wests Tigers= 9
Canberra Raiders= 9
Melbourne Storm= 8
Newcastle Knights= 7
St.George Dragons= 6
Cronulla Sharks= 6
Manly Sea Eagles= 6
Penrith Panthers= 4
Canterbury Bulldogs= 4
Sydney Roosters= 4
I swear it feels like that total we have is how many penalties we have received in total all year....not how many counts we have won.

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too surprising, although a few did surprise :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Fuck it let’s all stand up!!!

#payout

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know why. But I seen to remember these sort of stats. And generally it’s always us and the roosters as the worst in the Comp.

And when we vs them we lose the penalty count again.

No doubt there is favouritism with calls. To be the most penalised team once is fair enough. To go back to back. Might be poor discipline. To lead the count since Steven folkes coaching days is alarming.

Definitely not a personal thing or a coaching thing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just the number of penalties, it's when they're awarded too. A first tackle penalty is far less useful than a penalty on the 4th or 5th tackle. I see a lot of games where the refs level the count with 1st tackle penalties when they're skewed badly.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This trend has been going on for a long time.. i did a thread on it a few years back.. il try digging it up..

Our club just bends over without lube..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What really shits me is that the NRL issued a gag order to clubs about pointing out crucial "errors" or biased calls made by referees. It's not like the fans don't notice them constantly influencing the outcome of games. I hit a point a few years back when I stopped thinking the game is worth watching. It's not just seeing us cop every poor call possible. Almost every game sees one sided refereeing. After many years of it they've developed a policy that seems to be that refs are hugely infallible. I used to watch 2-3 games most weeks. Now I just know I'll likely be pissed off to see another team get gipped by the refs.

I think that ratings will be dropping off and our next TV sponsorship deal will garbage if a lot of people think like me.