8.5 million to spend,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The one key for us is to develop some quality juniors. The successful teams are the ones that continue to do that. As much as I hate the roosters, for every star they buy , they develop one as well. It’s been about 7 years since our last batch of good juniors. We are finally heading in the right direction with this.
Thats all well and good bu we need experience and big match winners atm.

Juniors for the long term.

Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All three of those clubs are pretty good at junior development to be honest. The Sharks have had great success in the lower grades and other two clubs have a good eye for talent in the juniors. You just have to look at the amount of players that have made their debut at those clubs to see they get junior development right.
Because Melbourne and Roosters have large junior bases and can be selective.

Sharks are the ones punching atm. Nasheed.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Laughable comment.

Others have already mentioned plenty of names from each club but I’ll draw your attention to the Storm in particular who you claim have shit junior development, which I might add is one of the most moronic comments in this forums history.

The Storm have quite literally built a dynasty of success upon their junior development systems and talent networks.

For starters the big 4 - Cronk, Slater, Smith, Inglis all came through their feeder network with Brisbane North’s Devils and developed as Juniors in the overall Storm environment. Will Chambers a similar route.

Since then they’ve continued to identify, produce and develop talent who’ve then worked their way through Under 20s football into the NRL. Munster, Vunivalu, Bromwich brothers, Brandon Smith, Papenhuyzen, Welch, Asofa Solomona, Curtis Scott, Croft the list goes on and on.

The Storm very rarely have to look outside their own training paddock when it comes to NRL recruitment. And that’s thanks to the importance they place on talent identification - and developing their talent within their junior pathway systems.

Now tell me again all about how the Storm and co have shit junior development.
Wrong, you have bought the candy sold by the Board. They need chumps like you to buy the story which allowed them to through everything out and start again....major change was needed, agreed, but not what we have now and our near future.

Roosters are built on ‘brand’ and glamour. They’ve successful infiltrated the big end of industry and attracted money. Partly due to geography and a lifestyle they sell but especially a football club that those with money can rub shoulders with others of same ilk. I don’t like it but very cleverly marketed and business sense.

Storm are built on Prestige. Maybe good luck but they got Bellamy. Bellamy, as much as I despise him, understands the game better than anyone. He finds new ways to push the rules every year. The guy has single handedly built a great football club. Young guys would cut their dick off to play for him.

Neither of the aforementioned have great nurseries. The players you peanuts keep naming were hand picked from anywhere and everywhere when kids and enticed to these clubs due to above reasons.

Look, I’d love a nursery and pipeline of young talent but it’s nit going to make us great. It will simply make us another Penrith or Parramatta

We need a visionary leading our club, supported by experienced football minds. Another guy I’m not a fan of but have to admire is Gould. He can start to give the club both aspects of what I describe above. The club needs to be place people and ideally players want to be at. Enough of the pathway junk talk

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a bit of money my question is do we have selectors with the nous and prudence to get the right players we need?

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would not matter who we buy with the coach we have. We need an experienced coach. Come on down Shane Flanagan or Anthony griffin.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Wrong, you have bought the candy sold by the Board. They need chumps like you to buy the story which allowed them to through everything out and start again....major change was needed, agreed, but not what we have now and our near future.

Roosters are built on ‘brand’ and glamour. They’ve successful infiltrated the big end of industry and attracted money. Partly due to geography and a lifestyle they sell but especially a football club that those with money can rub shoulders with others of same ilk. I don’t like it but very cleverly marketed and business sense.

Storm are built on Prestige. Maybe good luck but they got Bellamy. Bellamy, as much as I despise him, understands the game better than anyone. He finds new ways to push the rules every year. The guy has single handedly built a great football club. Young guys would cut their dick off to play for him.

Neither of the aforementioned have great nurseries. The players you peanuts keep naming were hand picked from anywhere and everywhere when kids and enticed to these clubs due to above reasons.

Look, I’d love a nursery and pipeline of young talent but it’s nit going to make us great. It will simply make us another Penrith or Parramatta

We need a visionary leading our club, supported by experienced football minds. Another guy I’m not a fan of but have to admire is Gould. He can start to give the club both aspects of what I describe above. The club needs to be place people and ideally players want to be at. Enough of the pathway junk talk
Trick is to recruit them as teens before they become stars.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trick is to recruit them as teens before they become stars.
The top clubs attract the top kids, it’s that simple. Build a club and brand people want to join not the other way around

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop focusing on "marquee players" and all that fancy shit. We are not the fucking storm or rorters. What we need to make a true dogs team:

1: a massive shit talker who pisses off the opposition and the ref, brings the crowd into the game.
2: A forward pack who wants to do nothing more than smash into the line at full tilt and can get quick ptb, not sit there and submit until the opposition get off them.
3: A backline that doesnt get ragdolled, they just need to watch the gaps made by the forwards and run through them
4: A coaching staff that isnt overweight.
5. oh and a 9 with brains.
6. Fuck off the kia logo.

We dont need "marquee players" we had none when we made the GF twice under hasler. He got the best out of above average players, not top tier players (except a few like moz).

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
In need of a lock:

Chase Jai Arrow Hard

In need of a fullback

Chase Tommy Turbo, Tedesco or Latrell Mitchel

In need of a half (possibly)

Chase Wighton, Keary or Milford

In need of a hooker

Api

Prop

Vaughan or Sims

Centre
Gagai, Roberts

Plenty more out there, all off contract in 2021
What happened to our $8.5 million?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's our hit list?

Do we have to sign a marquee player

Do we have break players contract to get who we want.

The last team to have a open chequebook was South's when they re entered the comp after Super League
Hahahahaha where the fuck did you get 8.5 mil from??? That would suggest we have maybe 2 players contracted for next year. You really are a troll aren't you?!!!!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
another 3yo thread dug up from the annals of history..i know there are some dribblefest threads being created but this takes the cake LOLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.