Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The club has actually surprised me a little bit getting signatures like CHN, DWZ and Stimson. I don't think they are as bad at getting deals done as some think.
Exactly. Just your usual irrational Kennel rubbish that gets traction.

They’ve actually been very efficient and cagey in being able to swoop on some real quality who were either disgruntled/seeking a bigger role from that of their former club. Exactly the type of signings we needed to capitalise on given our cap circumstances.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just like to know if we did snag Ramien/Api if anything would change here??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we sign Levi I’ll be livid.

Lichashit
To levishit

Fucking flops ffs

API is at least solid for once for us to have a decent hooker ffs

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronulla have cap trouble too and Roosters don’t need a centre either.

Souths and Dragons could be keen and I’m not sure in Manly would have cap room. You’d think he will be staying in Sydney so we should be in with a shot.
Agree - can't imagine that Sharks have room for him either. Dragons priority would be to replace De Belin, although I'm not saying they don't have the cap space. As to Manly, any $$$ they throw at Ramien is less they can chuck at the Trbojevics.

Honestly think a semi decent offer and a sell that we would definitely get him more involved in the attack (wtf are our threats now) should really be all that's needed.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the dogs don’t show some interest and make quick enquires then we’re cooked
They will show interest just like they did with Holbrook then sit on their asses and ponder and do nothing about it

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Go look at some of them lol. He said CHN at centre would be LIKE INGLIS. Also said we will suprise alot of people this season and that we're only a missing a strike centre to partner CHN. Said Napa is a great offloader. He has basically flipped on everything he has said and only forms an opinion that allows him to clear Pay of any blame lol.
I always gee him up and remind him of his previous comments about that CHN at center and Lichaa to have his best season ever. The one thing that burns me is the **** doesn’t reply, it’s killing me :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...8e10f1770873f72620d?__twitter_impression=true

The Jesse Ramien departure from Newcastle was brought to a head when coach Nathan Brown approached the Knights centre at training on Wednesday.

Brown told Ramien if he was unhappy at the club and wanted to seek an immediate release then Newcastle head of football Brian Canavan could make that happen.

Ramien replied by telling Brown he wanted to take up his offer and as quick as that the NRL open market had a gun centre for hire.

The background is this flash point moment had been brewing for some months with Ramien struggling to make the transition from strike centre at Cronulla to strike centre at Newcastle.

Part of Ramien’s gripe was centred around the Knights propensity to play primarily left side attack, where Mitchell Pearce and Kalyn Ponga share a lethal combination.

Privately, Ramien was asking questions about why he couldn’t get more early ball.

The Knights were made aware of the issue a couple of months back and sat down for a meeting where everyone agreed they wanted to get Ramien more involved.

Then the Knights went on a six-match winning roll and as the saying goes, winning fixes everything.

All of a sudden the lack of opportunities for Ramien had been resolved.

Now, with Newcastle having lost four games straight and dropping out of the eight, coach Brown has opted to wield the axe with Ramien was one of four players punted.

With no reserve grade fixture for the Knights this weekend, the centre’s axing went down like a lead balloon.

So coach Brown opted to front Ramien and give him the option to leave, which has now been granted.

At least half a dozen rival clubs have already begun circling.

The immediate release is expected to be granted once Ramien finds a new club.
Brown is a sneaky ****
He wants to make a play for semi radradra but doesn't have the money,so only doing this for self interest

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have some very good news about Jesse Ramien fellas

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Just your usual irrational Kennel rubbish that gets traction.

They’ve actually been very efficient and cagey in being able to swoop on some real quality who were either disgruntled/seeking a bigger role from that of their former club. Exactly the type of signings we needed to capitalise on given our cap circumstances.
Those signings are all fine. It's the re-signing of Pay and Lichaa and the three year deals to Meaney, Cogger, Crichton and worst of all Napa which give people doubt...

Not to mention not being able to seal a deal with other targets throughout the year who they were negotiating with... So it's well and truly been a mixed bag from the club so far.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cowboys, Broncos, Titans, Raiders and St George out of contention to sign Ramien.

We are still in their with a chance!
Besides dragons the interstate teams? Assume warriors too considering the whole reason he went to knights was a child with a lady who lives there (not his partner anymore)

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Besides dragons the interstate teams? Assume warriors too considering the whole reason he went to knights was a child with a lady who lives there (not his partner anymore)
He will end up back at Cronulla

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I Raised them earlier.

Though struggle to get how.

Moylan along with Johnson and Townsend in the 1,6,7.

Xerri locked on 1 centre.

Leaves Dugan and jmoz On the other and one of them on wing no doubt furious they playing wings

Feki is going as I said earlier so they could push Dugan and jmoz to centre though it would surely piss them both off and I can’t see the $ to do that as feki is a winger on a far lower deal.

Dugan is on huge $ and jmoz wont be cheap.

I still thought them or dragons would be most likely our strongest competition as eels have just got Blake and Jennings in centres with takaranfi as depth and sivo and gutho innthe backline plus that young kid whomgkt a couple games.

Tigers have marsters and mbye in the centres can’t see how they move them (marsters is centre out and out and mbye is on huge $ and can’t be benched surely) plus they are already in cap issues.

Dragons with aitken and lafai could happen. Though I’d say Widdop and debelin leave them spending elsewhere.

Sharks and us make most sense and I hope it’s us. We surely have the $ and guaranteed position (only dwz and smith and hoppa next year are locked in our backline which is a centre spot wide open ) sharks have Moylan Dugan jmoz xerri (3 centres already)

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds about right. Wouldn't surprise me. They've upgraded and re-signed everyone but Jayden Brailey and Flanagan despite their supposed limited cap so of course they have a spare 400k for Ramien...