Jesse Ramien Consolidated Rumour Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers would struggle, if they're trying to offload Packer, Reynolds, medically retire Matulino etc.

Eels surely wouldn't, with Blake, Jennings, Ferguson on the books, upgrade for Sivo and trying to tempt Radradra back

Panthers surely can't if they offloaded DWZ with some freight to get under the cap.

Board has gotta find some loose change under the Club's pokies and sign him up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Cronulla have cap trouble too and Roosters don’t need a centre either.

Souths and Dragons could be keen and I’m not sure in Manly would have cap room. You’d think he will be staying in Sydney so we should be in with a shot.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I said Chris Smith was better than Martin once lol. FFS smh....I was drunk though so I have an excuse.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I said Chris Smith was better than Martin once lol. FFS smh....I was drunk though so I have an excuse.
You wouldn’t have been alone there. The whole Kennel was on Chris Smiths dick for a fair while after he made his debut for us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don’t go throwing stones from that glass house of yours Mr “Mbye will be a superstar halfback”
Piss off you flog, this is nothing but a blatant lie. Not once have I claimed or agreed with Moses being utilised as a halfback, go back and check your facts.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...8e10f1770873f72620d?__twitter_impression=true

The Jesse Ramien departure from Newcastle was brought to a head when coach Nathan Brown approached the Knights centre at training on Wednesday.

Brown told Ramien if he was unhappy at the club and wanted to seek an immediate release then Newcastle head of football Brian Canavan could make that happen.

Ramien replied by telling Brown he wanted to take up his offer and as quick as that the NRL open market had a gun centre for hire.

The background is this flash point moment had been brewing for some months with Ramien struggling to make the transition from strike centre at Cronulla to strike centre at Newcastle.

Part of Ramien’s gripe was centred around the Knights propensity to play primarily left side attack, where Mitchell Pearce and Kalyn Ponga share a lethal combination.

Privately, Ramien was asking questions about why he couldn’t get more early ball.

The Knights were made aware of the issue a couple of months back and sat down for a meeting where everyone agreed they wanted to get Ramien more involved.

Then the Knights went on a six-match winning roll and as the saying goes, winning fixes everything.

All of a sudden the lack of opportunities for Ramien had been resolved.

Now, with Newcastle having lost four games straight and dropping out of the eight, coach Brown has opted to wield the axe with Ramien was one of four players punted.

With no reserve grade fixture for the Knights this weekend, the centre’s axing went down like a lead balloon.

So coach Brown opted to front Ramien and give him the option to leave, which has now been granted.

At least half a dozen rival clubs have already begun circling.

The immediate release is expected to be granted once Ramien finds a new club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly looking back at old threads is hilarious lol. I'm sure I've said some stoopid shite through this year too. Well I know I have lol.

The Napa vs Klemmer thread was LOL funny.
Everyone has. He just makes shit up though lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You wouldn’t have been alone there. The whole Kennel was on Chris Smiths dick for a fair while after he made his debut for us
Yeah I think I got a lot of likes when I said he was better lol.

My problem is, apart from watching the game on the booze, I'm soooo bipolar when it comes to the dogs.

Anyway I hope we get Jesse.

What are your thoughts on him? Havnt read the whole thread.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now watch him sign with the Roosters or Souths somehow. I don't have any faith in the club or Pay to be able to convince Ramien to join us instead of four or five other clubs. I'd like to see it happen though.

Ramien, Ese Ese and Api all on reasonable deals would be a solid recruitment drive along with DWZ and Stimson...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
"Assume our club is doing absolutely nothing until proven wrong!".

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now watch him sign with the Roosters or Souths somehow. I don't have any faith in the club or Pay to be able to convince Ramien to join us instead of four or five other clubs. I'd like to see it happen though.

Ramien, Ese Ese and Api all on reasonable deals would be a solid recruitment drive along with DWZ and Stimson...
To be honest I think Souths and the roosters would be happy with their centres at the moment, manu/Mitchell and Roberts/burns. I think it’s more the tigers/parra/dragons we should be worried about but most of them have cap problems. Fingers crossed we have the money to spend because we are crying out for a centre

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd love it if we could sign him. But of course I know I'm dreaming

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think I got a lot of likes when I said he was better lol.

My problem is, apart from watching the game on the booze, I'm soooo bipolar when it comes to the dogs.

Anyway I hope we get Jesse.

What are your thoughts on him? Havnt read the whole thread.
He’s an absolute nightmare for defenders when he’s on but he’s been off more than on this year. I think there’s now a fair element of risk attached to him now so I’d be happy to pass on him. The risk obviously stems from the fact his contract is somewhere between 400-500k/year which is a fair whack for a young centre, combined with his attitude problems which are coming to the surface.

I’d rather we focus on a premium 1, 6/7 and 9. If we can land a gun fullback in particular, then DWZ can pair with Hoppa in the centres. I could live with that with Montoya and Harper as back up options.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he should be a good signing. At Newcastle he doesnt stand out or have opportunities because of the other stars around him. Here, he should as we have no stars

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How much would he be worth/how much we should pay for him? 300-400k? What is he currently on? Before this season I thought he was 1 of the best Centres in the game last year and potentially pushing for an Origin spot.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Gets dropped and he turns it up

Not someone u wanna sign

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Whilst there might be some concern about form and attitude there is no doubting he is talented.
Ramien is one of the more physically imposing centres in the game which is a glaring weakness on the left for us. Has a beastly fend and feeding him early ball will take the pressure off the halves to create all the time.

Any half decent coach would be backing themselves to get his attitude and application right and reap the benefits.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know dean pay would rather persist with holland or Montoya for fucks sake sign this **** ASAP